GDT: Preds vs Blows 4/17 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

You

Jul 1, 2010
If we were up 8-2, we probably let the foot of the gas and win 9-7 or something. Expecting 15-3 here.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
playffs.gif

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
If we make the playoffs, getting swept or going down 1-4 is about the most I'd expect at this point. This team just seems to be out of gas. Between all the youth, style of play, and recent shortened seasons, I suppose that shouldn't be totally surprising.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If we make the playoffs, getting swept or going down 1-4 is about the most I'd expect at this point. This team just seems to be out of gas. Between all the youth, style of play, and recent shortened seasons, I suppose that shouldn't be totally surprising.
At times, the young guys have been the ones scoring goals and getting the assists.

Trenin has 17 G and 7 A in 74 games. Jeannot has 24 G and 17 A in 75 games. Tomasino 11 G and 18 A in 70 games. Tolvy 10 G and 12 A in 72 games. Kunin with 13 G and 9 A in 76 games. That is 75 goals from the five named people, only Trenin is 25 years old. That is almost 31% of the team goals scored so far this season.

The Herd Line has also played some good defense at times.

Your playoff assessment is probably correct.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
At times, the young guys have been the ones scoring goals and getting the assists.

Trenin has 17 G and 7 A in 74 games. Jeannot has 24 G and 17 A in 75 games. Tomasino 11 G and 18 A in 70 games. Tolvy 10 G and 12 A in 72 games. Kunin with 13 G and 9 A in 76 games. That is 75 goals from the five named people, only Trenin is 25 years old. That is almost 31% of the team goals scored so far this season.

The Herd Line has also played some good defense at times.

Your playoff assessment is probably correct.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the progress of most of our youth. Hopefully they continue to become better players for us. (I think we have some more talent in the pipeline even.)

The biggest disappointment was Myers by far. I've gone from pessimistic to optimistic and back again on Benning. I don't think he'll be coming back at this point.

FWIW, yes, they've been chipping in and doing their bit, but the offense has clearly been driven by the big 4 + Josi. The herd line does its thing, but there just is not the depth and consistency to fall back on at times. When the reassembled FGD line struggles badly, then we can get a shellacking like the Blues game.

Reactions: adsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad