Preds lose vs Canes, now frontrunners for Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
The Nashville Predators gave up a 3-1 lead in Raleigh last night to lose their 12th game of the season. Jeff Halpern, Niclas Wallin and Jan Hrdina scored 3 straight goals to give the Predators a comfortable 3-1 lead. But they couldn't hold on to it. Former Nashville forward Nils Ekman showed up to haunt the team that traded him for Kristian Huselius and a draft pick earlier in the season. Ekman scored a goal, added 3 assists and was voted 2nd star of the Canes 3rd win of the season.

"We are playing good for parts of hockey games. But we never show up for an entire game. Mathieu (Garon) gave us a chance to win this game, but we couldn't keep the Canes from our net in the 3rd period and so we lost again" Captain Brad Lukowich found the right words.

After the game GM Tony Kapfenberger was spotted hanging out with Canes GM Dion Ong at the "Down Under" bar in Raleigh. The two are believed discussing their earlier trade of Huselius and Ekman as well as their respective Teams sub-par season so far. Either that or the go go dancers.

Notes: Prospect forward Jiri Hudler has earned his franchise a Mountain Due million in record time. Hudler reached the required 40 points for a forward in the AHL in only little over 30 games.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
After the loss to Carolina, the Predators followed it up by beating the Avalanche.. This is just another loss in the line for the Avs who have been playing poorly since starting the season with a 2-1-1 record in the first 4 games.

Nothing seems to be working at the moment. Ranking last in the league in most categories, the only bright spots on the team are Tyler Arnason (14 points in 14 games, +5), Colin White (+2, 1 GWG) and Curtis Joseph (2.78, .909).

If the current form continues, look for the Preds to get serious comeptition from the Avs in the race for Kessel.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Ville Isopää said:
If the current form continues, look for the Preds to get serious comeptition from the Avs in the race for Kessel.
boo :cry:

Ville, better improve your team :) or I'll ice my goon line next season against your team :)

Last edited:

Brent Burns Beard