GDT: PREDS @ CANES: The pre-season finale

With the off-season ending lets reflect and everybody choose a favorite "Hot Taek" from the summer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Preds are in Raleigh for the final pre-season game. The canes are one of two team this pre-season to get points in every game and are the only undefeated team. Roster should be an exact match of what we will see on opening night more or less. Should be good energy for a home sell out crowd.

Caniac carnival starts at 10:00 and will have some events leading up to the game.

Also Dundon said y'all have to be there it's mandatory.

Now enjoy this short presentation:

Watch here: Official Carolina Hurricanes Website 1:30

Listen here: 99.9 The Fan

Lines/roster:
:canes:
Foegele-Aho-Teravainen
McGinn-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Necas-Di Giuseppe
Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
van Riemsdyk-Pesce

Not sure on goalies yet

:nashville:TBA

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Please god, this. I'm kinda starting to get worried. Figured it would be the next thing after dumping Skinner's salary, and not needing to extend Lindholm and Hanifin since we traded them.

I'm not sure if you want to be the first one to sign your 2016 entrant to a long-term paper and the pace-setter right now. There's Matthews with all the implications on Marner and on top of that Nylander still undone, and there's Laine and other guys.

Good value contract for Aho now would help cap ceiling teams out. So no hurry.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anybody know a way to get tix to the carnival this late?

Also- WTF with Svech on the 4th line??

I’m not concerned what line it’s listed as, especially in preseason. Zykov, Wallmark, Svechnikov is a decent line that will probably get 10-12 min at ES. Svechnikov and Zykov will get a couple more minutes on the PP as well.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I’m not concerned what line it’s listed as, especially in preseason. Zykov, Wallmark, Svechnikov is a decent line that will probably get 10-12 min at ES. Svechnikov and Zykov will get a couple more minutes on the PP as well.

Agreed. If the lines must be numbered, I would think the Necas line is actually 4. PDG is likely to be the 13th forward Thursday. Zykov and Svechnikov are the 3rd and 4th scoring options after Aho and Teravainen. As far as offense, Zykov/Wallmark/Svech might give FAT a run for their money today.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Agreed. If the lines must be numbered, I would think the Necas line is actually 4. PDG is likely to be the 13th forward Thursday. Zykov and Svechnikov are the 3rd and 4th scoring options after Aho and Teravainen. As far as offense, Zykov/Wallmark/Svech might give FAT a run for their money today.
That would be the....wait for it....ZWiShhhhhhh line

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Have fun you all going to the game. I got a kitchen faucet to wrestle into place.

Putting down hardwood flooring in the master bedroom today because my wife really wanted hardwood in the bedroom.

Lunch break right now, and will need another break or two when the Canes are on.

Don't let me down on this one Rod, come up with something good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad