Rumor: Preds and devils (Saros/Mercer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don’t know how legit the source is but the trade rumour is pretty specific…

“Barry Trotz asked for Dawson Mercer, Seamus Casey, Akira Schmid, the Devils 2024 first-round pick, and the Devils 2025 2nd pick for Alexandre Carrier, Juuse Saros, with the Predators retaining 50 percent on Carrier,” a source told Full Press Hockey.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I posted this in the devils forum a while back... I don't believe that for even the briefest of seconds

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Holy shit that is quite the ask.

Mercer for Saros straight up is even iffy for the Devils.
No it's not. Finding a quality goaltender for a team built to win now is harder to do than another good forward, who may eventually become great.

But that ask from Nashville, whether true or not, is a bit much.

Reactions: SEALBound

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
That would be a disgusting overpay unless Saros came with a guarantee that the Devils win the Cup, sweep the Rangers on the way and Saros agrees to sign an extension next Summer for league minimum. Okay, I'm seriously exaggerating, but that ask is way, way too much.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Carrier ain’t no slouch and I think he’s being overlooked here as well. He’s a top 4 defenseman plus at 50% retained he’s quite cost effective. Not saying it’s still not overpayment but carrier is a nice add for NJ

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Yeesh. That's a lot. But it would give the Devils a stud goalie. Guess we'll see what happens. I don't see the Devils trading for a goalie now that they're effectively killing their shots at a playoff push.

Fire that mook masquerading as an NHL coach before you do anything else.

Makes Markstrom for Holtz, Vanecek and a 1st seem like a steal 😂
Saros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Markstrom. Especially for a young team like the Devils.

• Haha
Reactions: Lunatik

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Goalies have never had that kind of trade value in the NHL. You can argue that they should, or close to it. But they just don't.

Reactions: kinghock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad