Predictions

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Honestly, who knows. With the shortened season we could see more variety in the playoff teams, but I sort of doubt it. 50ish games is a large enough sample size for the cream to rise to the top. I have the Penguins winning the presidents trophy in a once again stacked atlantic division. I have NJ missing the playoffs, but the Jets sneaking in as the feel good story of the year where they will then be swept by Pittsburgh. I think Minnesota sneaks in out west, and that the Central division is the western version of the Atlantic. You have to wonder though, if the schedule leans heavily towards divisional play then maybe those in tougher divisions will beat up on each other more so than usual. Anyway, if I had to pick a cup champion today, I'd go with the Penguins. Looking forward to realignment and hopefully the return of divisional playoffs :)

Eastern Conference

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Tampa Bay
4. Philadelphia
5. New York Rangers
6. Buffalo
7. Ottawa
8. Winnipeg
9. Washington
10. New Jersey
11. Montreal
12. New York Islanders
13. Florida
14. Toronto
15. Carolina

Western Conference

1. Detroit
2. Los Angeles
3. Vancouver
4. San Jose
5. Chicago
6. St. Louis
7. Nashville
8. Minnesota
9. Phoenix
10. Calgary
11. Anaheim
12. Dallas
13. Colorado
14. Edmonton
15. Colombus

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Penguins Really??

The lost Staal and one of there top defensemen, they could not play defense to save thier lives last year the only way they were not getting scored on was by haveing the fire power to stay in the oppenents zone for most of the period, they will not be contending until they get another good player, there only at 60 million cap so we will see if they do but no way I even see them getting a series at home.

The east is so wide open this year every team got worse except the Bruins and the Rangers and Canes, Bruins can take this conference easy the only compition I see is the Rangers everyone else the Bruins should be favored heavily against.

We have Added Hamilton, and Horton, the Rangers got Nash, the Canes added a couple forwards but other than that no one got anybody worth mentioning, all the top tier trades and Free agents went west.

1. Bruins
2 Rangers
3. Capitals
4. Philly
5. Tampa
6. Ottowa
7. Penguins OR Leafs with Luongo
8. Anybody

West is a differnt story lots of skill
1. Blues
2. Kings
3. Canucks
4. Blackhawks
5. Minny
6. Detroit
7. PHX
8. Dallas/ Edmonton will be in the conversation

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
1. NYR
2. Boston
3. Carolina
4. Pitt
5. Ottawa
6. TB
7. NYI
8. Philly

West is harder to predict the order of the teams at the top it should be close 1-5.

1. Van
2. LA
3. St Louis
4. Minny
5. Chicago
6. Nashville
7. PHX
8. Dallas

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Eastern Conference

1. Pittsburgh
2. Tampa Bay
3. Boston
4. New York Rangers
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Philadelphia
8. Ottawa

Western Conference

1. St. Louis
2. Vancouver
3. San Jose
4. Chicago
5. Los Angeles
6. Minnesota
7. Detroit
8. Edmonton

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
East

1. NYR
2. BOS
3. WAS
4. PIT
5. PHI
6. BUF
7. NJ
8. TB
9. OTT
10. WPG
11. TOR
12. MTL
13. FLA
14. NYI
15. CAR

West

1. VAN
2. CHI
3. LA
4. STL
5. DET
6. NSH
7. MIN
8. SJ
9. EDM
10. DAL
11. CGY
12. PHX
13. ANA
14. COL
15. CBJ

Eastern Finals

Bruins over Rangers in 7

Western Finals

Blues over Wild in 5

Stanley Cup Finals

Bruins over Blues in 6

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
East

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Tampa
4. NY Rangers
5. Buffalo
6. Philly
7. Washington
8. Montreal

West

1. St. Louis
2. LA Kings
3. Vancouver
4. Chicago
5. San José
6. Nashville
7. Edmonton
8. Detroit

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Eastern Conference

1. New York Rangers
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia
5. Pittsburgh
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

Western Conference

1. Chicago
2. Los Angeles
3. Vancouver
4. St. Louis
5. Detroit
6. San Jose
7. Dallas
8. Edmonton

Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago Blackhawks vs. New York Rangers
Champion: New York Rangers (Obviously, I think the Bruins are going to win, but as not to be a homer...)

MVP: Crosby---there is no one better when healthy
Norris: Chara--reclaims what is rightfully his
Vezina: King Henrik---Best team, most wins...probably take it
Selke: Bergy---this award will be his for a while
Calder: Granlund or Zibanejad---Hopefully, this will actually be Dougie, but...
Jack Adams: Ralph Kreuger (EDM)--I think that team will make a big leap this year

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Eastern Conference

1. New York Rangers
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia
5. Pittsburgh
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

Western Conference

1. Chicago
2. Los Angeles
3. Vancouver
4. St. Louis
5. Detroit
6. San Jose
7. Dallas
8. Edmonton

Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago Blackhawks vs. New York Rangers
Champion: New York Rangers (Obviously, I think the Bruins are going to win, but as not to be a homer...)

MVP: Crosby---there is no one better when healthy
Norris: Chara--reclaims what is rightfully his
Vezina: King Henrik---Best team, most wins...probably take it
Selke: Bergy---this award will be his for a while
Calder: Granlund or Zibanejad---Hopefully, this will actually be Dougie, but...
Jack Adams: Ralph Kreuger (EDM)--I think that team will make a big leap this year

Pretty much exactly what i have down to the stanley cup finals.. Except i got the hawks winning it. And edmonton gets as a 6 or 7 and pulls an upset in the first round.

Carolina

Oct 26, 2012
Honestly, who knows. With the shortened season we could see more variety in the playoff teams, but I sort of doubt it. 50ish games is a large enough sample size for the cream to rise to the top. I have the Penguins winning the presidents trophy in a once again stacked atlantic division. I have NJ missing the playoffs, but the Jets sneaking in as the feel good story of the year where they will then be swept by Pittsburgh. I think Minnesota sneaks in out west, and that the Central division is the western version of the Atlantic. You have to wonder though, if the schedule leans heavily towards divisional play then maybe those in tougher divisions will beat up on each other more so than usual. Anyway, if I had to pick a cup champion today, I'd go with the Penguins. Looking forward to realignment and hopefully the return of divisional playoffs :)

Eastern Conference

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Tampa Bay
4. Philadelphia
5. New York Rangers
6. Buffalo
7. Ottawa
8. Winnipeg
9. Washington
10. New Jersey
11. Montreal
12. New York Islanders
13. Florida
14. Toronto
15. Carolina

Western Conference

1. Detroit
2. Los Angeles
3. Vancouver
4. San Jose
5. Chicago
6. St. Louis
7. Nashville
8. Minnesota
9. Phoenix
10. Calgary
11. Anaheim
12. Dallas
13. Colorado
14. Edmonton
15. Colombus

I see somebody is afraid of Carolina :laugh: Seriously though, how can you have them dead last in the east? I'd like an explanation!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
1. Bruins
2. Rangers
3. Hurricanes
4. Flyers
5. Penguins
6. Senators
7. Capitals
8. Sabres
9. Leafs
10. Devils
11. Lightning
12. Islanders
13. Jets
14. Canadiens
15. Panthers

I'm not as familiar with the West, so I'll stick to the East. Anything outside the top 7 I could see going any direction, to be perfectly honest. I really do think the short season will be beneficial to the Bruins, and they're my pick to take down the Blues in 7 games.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
1.Washington
2.Pittsburgh
3.Boston
4.Rangers
5.Buffalo
6.Tampa
7.Flyers
8.Florida
9.Carolina
10.New Jersey
11.Ottawa
12.Islanders
13.Toronto
14.Winnipeg
15.Montreal

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Penguins Really??

The lost Staal and one of there top defensemen, they could not play defense to save thier lives last year the only way they were not getting scored on was by haveing the fire power to stay in the oppenents zone for most of the period, they will not be contending until they get another good player, there only at 60 million cap so we will see if they do but no way I even see them getting a series at home.

Their defense is lacking but I think they'll be just fine on sheer firepower alone. They were one of the best teams last season and that was without Crosby for much of it. I don't think they'll be the best in the East but they'll do fine for themselves that's for sure.

I have no idea how the Rangers were able to snag Nash without losing much but because of it, they should (at least on paper) be the class of the East.

my top 8:

1. Rangers
2. Bruins
3. Capitals
4. Penguins
5. Flyers
6. Hurricanes
7. Sabres
8. Panthers

Wildcard is definitely the Panthers. Just have a weird feeling.

Honorable mention to the Senators who may squeak out the 8th seed.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Penguins Really??

The east is so wide open this year every team got worse except the Bruins and the Rangers and Canes, Bruins can take this conference easy the only compition I see is the Rangers everyone else the Bruins should be favored heavily against.

We have Added Hamilton, and Horton, the Rangers got Nash, the Canes added a couple forwards but other than that no one got anybody worth mentioning, all the top tier trades and Free agents went west.

The Bruins got worse with the loss of Thomas.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I see somebody is afraid of Carolina :laugh: Seriously though, how can you have them dead last in the east? I'd like an explanation!

They have Corvo. Duh. ;)

The Bruins also got worse by adding Johnson and Bourque/Caron

Johnson will be our 7th dman once McQuaid gets back.

The difference between Caron/Bourque/Spooner/whoever and Pouliot isn't much different. Pouliot was a cheap 16 goals, but he wasn't much besides that.

As said above the only way we got significantly worse (Pouliot-Caron might make be a small downgrade, but not by too much) was losing Thomas.

1. NYR
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philly
6. Ottawa
7. TB
8. NJ
9. Buffalo
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Winnipeg
13. Toronto
14. Montreal
15. Islanders

1. LA
2. St. Louis
3. Vancouver
4. Chicago
5. San Jose
6. Detroit
7. Nashville
8. Minnesota
9. Phoenix
10. Anaheim
11. Dallas
12. Colorado
13. Edmonton (with their D and goaltending they're not going anywhere)
14. Calgary
15. Columbus

Last edited:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
They have Corvo. Duh. ;)

Johnson will be our 7th dman once McQuaid gets back.

The difference between Caron/Bourque/Spooner/whoever and Pouliot isn't much different. Pouliot was a cheap 16 goals, but he wasn't much besides that.

As said above the only way we got significantly worse (Pouliot-Caron might make be a small downgrade, but not by too much) was losing Thomas.

Zanon and Rolston were at least NHL players. Bourque and Johnson are AHLers at best and Caron is playing as an ECHL caliber player.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
They got Lindback last summer, and they also have the best goalie prospect in the world in Vasilevski

I know about vasilevski but he won't help them in the league this year. Is Anders Lindback really good? I figured since they drafted a goalie in the first round that they didn't have too much confidence in lindback

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad