Gold: USA
Silver: Canada
Bronze: Czechs

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How are Swedish and Finnish posters feeling about their rosters? Strong year? Weaker year?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like the looks of the Czech squad and the coaching style.

Great first line - Sapo, Kulich and Sale is a beauty mix of styles with shooters, passers and big bodies.

Support cast is 'ok' but not near what Canada, US, Finland or Sweden would have. We'll be relying on line 1. If Kulich gets the call then we are in trouble. Deeper forward group than usual though. Just not any elite high end after line 1.

D is solid. For Czechs standards it is very high. For other nations it's still not bad. Would've been better if Hamara had developed like we all though he would. Might rely on some younger and smaller players like Jiricek or Galvas. Tough to be good at U20.

G is very good with Hrabal and Spunar. That's a great 1-2.

So, we won't blow the doors off but we should be solid with decent depth.

Crossover is tough... 1st in group gets you, in theory, Latvia/Germany... 2nd in group gets you Canada/Sweden/Finland. That is a brutal crossover.lol I'd be happy to win a quarter.

I think the medals may very well be in Group A as they will have a much easier crossover in the quarters. Avoid the US and all of Canada/Finland/Sweden would be the fav in their QF.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Semi's weren't US, Canada, Sweden and Finland.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Something I'll be following closely... Latvia and Germany. Switzerland and Slovakia. I've read Namejs view on Latvia and they seem good. I've read the Slovak views and they seem good too. Don't know much about Germany or Switzerland.

To be clear, all 4 could beat the Czechs and I wouldn't be surprised.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Group A

1, Sweden
2, Canada
3, Finland
4, Latvia
5, Germany

Group B

1: USA
2: Slovakia
3: Czechia
4: Norway
5: Switzerland

Silver: Sweden
Bronze: Canada/Slovakia

The Latvia - Germany and Switzerland - Norway matchups will be surprisingly very interesting, because they can seem like a coin flip

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
1, Sweden
2, Finland
3, Canada
4, Latvia
5, Germany

Group B

1: USA
2: Czechia
3: Slovakia
4: Switzerland
5: Norway

Gold:USA
Silver:Sweden
Bronze:Finland/Canada

just think its gonna be a down 2-3 years for canada at the world juinors personally. hope they prove me wrong

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1700418131959.png

Always nice to show last 5 years. Canada with 3 of the last 4 (and 4 straight finals) is the most dominant.

Finland the only non NA to win a Gold (and another final too)
Sweden with 2 bronzes
US with a hat trick.. Gold, Silver and Bronze

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Silver: Sweden
Bronze: Canada

Very strong teams for USA and Sweden. USA has more star power though, so I think they have to be the favorite. Sweden will be a real threat. Canada always has a chance, but I don’t see this as the year where they are a top two favorite. Goaltending is questionable, and they are going to be losing a lot of their better options to the NHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For those wondering (probably just me)... our hero Goalie Suchanek went undrafted and is in the ECHL. Our tourney All Star and captain Jan Mysak has 4 points in 12 AHL games this season.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I think eventually the Slovaks will become so underrated that the are overrated. People who know more than me say this is their year, so I’ll be wary.

McGroaty’s injury for US is not good obviously. I love him. But we’re deep at forward and it’s certainly no excuse (especially considering the guys Canada is missing. I’m pretty deeply “Gold or bust” for US this year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
As usual, I expect some high emotion hockey. Lots of swings in momentum, heroes will be born, hearts will be broken. HFBoards will intensely debate bad calls, rave about big goals and bring up any fact from any time to prove their arguments (nothing will ever get proven).

Hope all the boys represent as best they can. I hope that some nations will feel a boost watching their country’s young men play their heart out.

And I will enjoy each game for exactly what it is. It’s not proof which country is better at hockey. It’s an amazing sport that I love, and it’s meant to entertain, and I will enjoy it thoroughly.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
As usual, I expect some high emotion hockey. Lots of swings in momentum, heroes will be born, hearts will be broken. HFBoards will intensely debate bad calls, rave about big goals and bring up any fact from any time to prove their arguments (nothing will ever get proven).

Hope all the boys represent as best they can. I hope that some nations will feel a boost watching their country’s young men play their heart out.

And I will enjoy each game for exactly what it is. It’s not proof which country is better at hockey. It’s an amazing sport that I love, and it’s meant to entertain, and I will enjoy it thoroughly.
Nailed it

Reactions: therealdeal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For the above... US has to adjust to Olympic Ice.. could be tough. Regarding Sweden.. winning gold at home is generally very hard.

Not saying I disagree but those are their obstacles... well, and Canada.lol

Still waiting to hear a Finn opinion on their roster.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Still waiting to hear a Finn opinion on their roster.
At the moment offense doesn't look bad, quite decent actually and goalies are in "good enough"-territory but that defense is sad. Even if Kiviharju was healthy, i don't know why can't develop d-men. Traditionally coaching is where Finland has a edge over everyone but this is not case this time, Mikkola is not top tier coach.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At the moment offense doesn't look bad, quite decent actually and goalies are in "good enough"-territory but that defense is sad. Even if Kiviharju was healthy, i don't know why can't develop d-men. Traditionally coaching is where Finland has a edge over everyone but this is not case this time, Mikkola is not top tier coach.
Don't even get me started on 'can't develop d-men'.lol We have 3 in the NHL.lol

I do get it though.... Finland needs another Heiskanen.

Reactions: SantosHalper

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Finland's defense is very weak. They will get absolutely destroyed by Canada/USA/Sweden.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Rosters not out yet, but we know what the rosters will look like, to 95 %

Group A

1, Canada
2, Finland
3, Germany
4, Sweden
5, latvia

Group B