WJC: Predictions for U20 WJC 2022/2023

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agree with Ra... feels like a very North American tourney this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Canada/US fighting for gold.

No strong goalies that I can see so upsets will be harder to come by.

Sweden vs Finland for Bronze.

Very small chance that Slaf joins Slovakia.. if that happens that might be enough to get them to final 4 and cause some trouble. Swiss and German teams seem weaker on paper.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I would have said Canada-Sweden final if Sweden hadn't lost like their top 3 D-men before the tournament lol with that said Canada-USA final and Finland gets the bronze.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Finnish team doesn't look that good so we probably do wquite well. Hopefully we make it into the semis.
Outside of Canada, everyone seems to have a weaker roster this year with guys in NHL or injured. Czechs are 100% healthy and this is our best possible roster and we are still not a medal threat.lol

Reactions: FinPanda

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Group A

1: Canada
2: Czechia
3: Sweden
4: Germany
5: Austria

Group B

1: USA
2: Finland
3: Slovakia
4: Switzerland
5: Latvia

Gold: Canada
Silver: USA
Bronze: Czech

i think this is the year czech finally get on the medal board decent team and sweden/finland dont look great on paper.

Reactions: Statsy

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Outside of Canada, everyone seems to have a weaker roster this year with guys in NHL or injured. Czechs are 100% healthy and this is our best possible roster and we are still not a medal threat.lol
I've only taken a cursory glance for now, but it seems like there will be fewer players missing due to the NHL than in any year we've seen since 2013. The rosters do look underwhelming for the most part, but I'm not sure that that will impact the entertainment value of the tournament in any real way.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
2: Sweden
3: Czechia

Group B

3: Slovakia
5: Latvia

Quarters:

Canada - Switzerland -----> Canada
Finland - Czechia -----> Finland after tough matchup
USA - Germany ------> USA
Sweden - Slovakia ------> Sweden advances but the game is tight,

Semis:

Canada - Finland ------> Canada trashes Finland
USA - Sweden -------> Swedes take this at overtime

Bronze:

Finland - USA -------> USA doesnt care, we take the bronze

Gold:

Canada - Sweden -------> Time for Sweden to take revenge, but NO. Canada celebrates again,

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've only taken a cursory glance for now, but it seems like there will be fewer players missing due to the NHL than in any year we've seen since 2013. The rosters do look underwhelming for the most part, but I'm not sure that that will impact the entertainment value of the tournament in any real way.
Tournament will be awesome... packed arenas, Eastern Canada, Canada seems to be a fav for Gold. I do think Canadians will be bored in round robin though.. looks like 3 slaughters and a potentially good game against Sweden.

I just noticed every fanbase is saying they are missing key players (Slovakia lost 3 good ones I think, Swedes Top 3, I think it is a very rare down year for Finland). Germans and Swiss both feel their rosters are weaker than usual too. Czechs are 100% but that's not enough. Feels like a good tourney to pull an upset though and our crossover cannot be Canada.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Finland's center depth is too bad. Also don't have a #1 goaltender. Wingers are pretty good. Defense is mobile, but undersized (will have problems against NA teams?)

Don't think Finland will go very far.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Tournament will be awesome... packed arenas, Eastern Canada, Canada seems to be a fav for Gold. I do think Canadians will be bored in round robin though.. looks like 3 slaughters and a potentially good game against Sweden.

I just noticed every fanbase is saying they are missing key players (Slovakia lost 3 good ones I think, Swedes Top 3, I think it is a very rare down year for Finland). Germans and Swiss both feel their rosters are weaker than usual too. Czechs are 100% but that's not enough. Feels like a good tourney to pull an upset though and our crossover cannot be Canada.
Would be good for the tournament in general for the Czechs to get a medal again.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Group A

2: Sweden
3: Czechia

Group B

3: Latvia
5: Slovakia

Bronze: Finland

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Group A:
1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Czechia
4. Germany
5. Austria

Group B:
1. USA
2. Finland
3. Slovakia
4. Switzerland
5. Lativa

Bronze: Finland

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Group A
1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Czechia
4. Germany
5. Austria

Group B
1. USA
2. Finland
3. Slovakia
4. Switzerland
5. Latvia

Quarterfinals
Canada - Switzerland
Sweden - Slovakia
Finland - Czechia
USA
- Germany

Semifinals
Canada - Czechia
USA - Sweden

Bronze medal game
USA - Czechia

Gold medal game
Canada - Sweden

Silver: Sweden
Bronze: Czechia

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed.. not just Czechs but anyone. Looking at the predictions and they are almost all the same. Needs a bit more competition and upsets!
The junior level is very difficult for countries that don't produce depth every year or two. A Slovakian or Swiss or German medal would also be good for the health of the tournament.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad