Line Combos: Predict Your 16/17 Lineup

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Funny, I think the two prospects closest to making the team from the last draft class are Zboril and DeBrusk.

Funny, because those two are the ones most commonly dumped on.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Funny, I think the two prospects closest to making the team from the last draft class are Zboril and DeBrusk.

and dumped on by many who I wager have watched neither play once

not sure about that but he`d be a nice partner for a guy like Quaider, two nasty SOB`s

I`m an admitted fan of Zboril, not quite ready to say he`s ready for prime time but so much can happen, a summer of great training, kid, prospect or pick not expected to make the team makes it tough for the decision makers to send them down, back to junior etc...

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
:shakehead with this front office and coach ,Sadly something like this:

Marchand Bergy Pasta
belesky krejci eriksson
Vatrano spooner Connolly
Talbot kelly Caron (re-signed)

Chara seids
krug mcquaid
K Miller trotman

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
:shakehead with this front office and coach ,Sadly something like this:

Marchand Bergy Pasta
belesky krejci eriksson
Vatrano spooner Connolly
Talbot kelly Caron (re-signed)

Chara seids
krug mcquaid
K Miller trotman
So you don't think the Bruins will make any moves this offseason?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
not typically no, but from what I`ve been reading about Carlo, I wouldn`t be one bit shocked if he, maybe an O`Gara makes the big club. Now, I wouldn`t put them anywhere other than a 5th/6th spot and I also would expect the prospect to sit upstairs from time to time.

Just wouldn`t shock me at all, but I am one who believes, when the puck drops for the 2016/17 season, we will NOT be looking at close to the same bodies on D that they have now

As for your question about 2nd rounders playing in year 2, no idea, there has got to be someone who has however, you look at Parayko for the Blues, not 100% sure but I thought I heard in the broadcast the other night, them mentioning he`s played less than 25 AHL games, he`s a 3rd rounder I believe?

If Carlo is on the same timeline as Parayko he'd make the Bruins in 2018-19.

Again, it's very very rare for a dman to be on the trajectory you are suggesting. I think Severson was WHL D of the year in his draft +1 year. He went back for another year. Bigras was OHL D of the year in his draft +1 year. He went back for another year (and then spent 1/2 of the following year in the AHL).

I believe Carlo can play in the AHL this year because he's a November birthday (I could be wrong). It's possible he starts there and gets some sort of emergency call up at some point in the season, but no, he will not be one of the 6 best D on the B's next year. (At the start of the year).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand- Bergeron- Pastrnak

Vesey- Krejci- Stamkos

Beleskey-Spooner- Connolly/Hayes

Vatrano- Accairi- Ferraro/Randelll

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I'm surprised that so many people are penciling in Vatrano on the 4th line.

IMO, if the season were to start tomorrow, he'd be our 3rd best winger.

I think they should be looking at ways for him to play with Krejci.

Oh man I was literally about to post this and then saw your post

The kid is primed for a major breakout if he can get top 6 or even initially top 9 minutes

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

It's not that funny that our first 2 draft picks in the 1st round might be our most NHL ready players out of that draft.

It'd be funnier if they weren't.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Oh man I was literally about to post this and then saw your post

The kid is primed for a major breakout if he can get top 6 or even initially top 9 minutes

Agreed. I think there's a better chance of the Bruins signing Stamkos and trading Krejci than Vatrano starting on the 4th line. He's done everything a prospect is supposed to do...

Adjust to playing against men in the AHL? Check.
Get your feet wet in the NHL? Check.
Dominate the AHL? Check.
Start contributing in the NHL? Check.

I think it takes most prospects years to go through that process and he did it one season. He's ready for a top9 role.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Sign Stamkos, Vesey and Yandle
Trade Hayes and Seids

Beleskey-Stamkos-Pasta (15.5)
Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci (18.75)
Vesey-Spooner-Vatrano (2.6)
Ferraro-Acciari-Connolly (2.2)

Chara-C.Miller (8)
Krug-Yandle (11)
Morrow-McQuaid (3.75)

Rask-Subban (8)

That is around 70M. You can add around 1.5M for two spare (1F+1D)

Some salary would need to be shiped out for 17-18 tough as Marchand, Spooner and Pasta will need raises.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Sign Stamkos, Vesey and Yandle
Trade Hayes and Seids

Beleskey-Stamkos-Pasta (15.5)
Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci (18.75)
Vesey-Spooner-Vatrano (2.6)
Ferraro-Acciari-Connolly (2.2)

Chara-C.Miller (8)
Krug-Yandle (11)
Morrow-McQuaid (3.75)

Rask-Subban (8)

That is around 70M. You can add around 1.5M for two spare (1F+1D)

Some salary would need to be shiped out for 17-18 tough as Marchand, Spooner and Pasta will need raises.

I like the idea of DK on wing with bergy and sliding him around to c for depth, but I feel like he would take it as a slight to appease stamkos. That may make him willing to waive his NTC in a few years, clearing up cap for raises. Also Charas cap drops and he only has a few more years so this would be manageable.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lots of people think the Bruins are getting Stamkos. Interesting.

More like hope instead of think.

In the end, he'll sign in TB or somewhere else. All the 29 teams will likely line up to get him and he'll choose where he wants to go. Hopefully, it's here.

70-73.5M/7y.

Do it Don.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Why would Stamkos want to come to the Bruins, he would hate the system.

He needs more of a Dallas/Chicago type team, more of a run and gun drive up your stats type of mold.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why would Stamkos want to come to the Bruins, he would hate the system.

He needs more of a Dallas/Chicago type team, more of a run and gun drive up your stats type of mold.

Well he won't have to go up against Kevan Miller the next 4 years if he comes to Boston.

According to some, no D-man negates scoring chances like the great Kevan Miller. So there is that incentive for Stamkos to come to Boston.

And think about all the great break-out passes Kevan Miller will feed Stamkos over the next 4 years. He'll get 70, maybe 80 goals, easily.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
Alright, here's my go at this (2 scenarios):

The contract to K.Miller indicates that the B's believe in Krug/Miller and count on that for several years to come. The 'high' salary to Miller suggests that they are sure to land a cheep solution elsewhere (Vesey), and that they know of a first line D at a certain price (which ought to be Shattenkirk). This suggests that Ericsson is leavin and that they want to cover for him in a cheaper way, which speaks for Strome coming in aswell.
The B's will then head for an affordable now/future second solution on D (Vatanen).

Marchand - Bergeron -(Strome)
Beleskey - Spooner - Pasternak
Vatrano - (Vesey) - Griffith
De Brusk - Acciari - Randell/Stempniak

Chara - (Shattenkirk)
Krug - K. Miller
Liles - (Vatanen)
Trotman - C.Miller

Trades:

Seidenberg, McQuaid + Subban and 28 th optional back to Oilers for 4th overall (yes, Chiarelli sees that they'll work in his system). Then 4th overall for Vatanen.
Ericsson, Morrow + a 2:nd and 3:rd for Shattenkirk.
Bruins pick D-youth prospect at 14th (Fabbro or MacAvoy).

------

Alternative:
"If they keep Ericsson", they are not calculating on Vesey and are clutching at available straws to protect investments, which means Shattenkirk is not coming, thus Yandle is in the slot and also that C.Kelly is staying for "another" year.

Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - C.Kelly - Griffith
De Brusk - Acciari - Randell/Stempniak

Chara - (Yandle)
Krug - K. Miller
Lilles - (Vatanen)
C.Miller - Morrow/Trotman

Siedenberg, McQuaid + Subban and 28th optional back to Oilers for 4th overall. Then 4th overall for Vatanen.
Bruins pick D-youth prospect at 14th (Fabbro or MacAvoy).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Vatrano
XXXX - Krejci - Pastrnak
Belesky - XXXX - Connolly
XXXX - Acciari - XXXX

Extra F: XXXX

Chara - XXXX
XXXX- K.Miller
XXXX - C.Miller

Extra D: XXXX

Rask
XXXX

That's what I'd start with, and begin filling in the blanks.

EvergladesBruin

Mar 8, 2016
More like hope instead of think.

In the end, he'll sign in TB or somewhere else. All the 29 teams will likely line up to get him and he'll choose where he wants to go. Hopefully, it's here.

70-73.5M/7y.

Do it Don.

He's not leaving Tampa for anywhere other than Toronto IMO.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Lots of people think the Bruins are getting Stamkos. Interesting.

The only way Bruins get Stamkos is if Don trades Krejci. Trade Krejci + 1st + McQuaid to Minny for Brodin

Sign Stamkos if he wants to come, sign Vesey and Yandle and now the Bruins are in Business

Vesey-Bergeron-Marchand
Vatrano-Stamkos-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes/Connolly
4th line

Brodin-Yandle
Chara-C. Miller
Krug-K. Miller

Dump Seids anywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad