Speculation: Predict 2020's goalie carousel

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
You are probably right about Mrazek to Edmonton, for the love of all that is good in this world I hope you are wrong, but Holland seems to be in love with anyone who ever played for Detroit. Next we will trade for Abdelkader(sp?)
@Idrinkbecauseoilers

You are today's lucky winner! For spelling Abdelkader's name correctly & summoning the Ken Holland loves his retreads motif, we the people of Red Wings nation award you a slightly used: Justin "I scored 20G on Datsyuk's wing & got a 7yr contract" Abdelkader. No need for thanks, Red Bird 1 is at Detroit Metro fueling up, we'll send him over today. :laugh:

But wait, there's more. As an added bonus we'll send videos of Justin deflecting goals in off his arse, while parked in the crease. :D

Reactions: Idrinkbecauseoilers

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Corey Crawford signs with the Red Wings.

I guess its possible that Corey would chase $ and finish his career as #1 on worst team in NHL but I just cant see guy who came back from Covid to play in playoffs going to team that will struggle to be above a lottery team

Raanta-Chicago

Fans would not be happy having a guy who hoped team would lose in 1st round of cup run back on team

f*** Raanta

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I guess its possible that Corey would chase $ and finish his career as #1 on worst team in NHL but I just cant see guy who came back from Covid to play in playoffs going to team that will struggle to be above a lottery team

Fans would not be happy having a guy who hoped team would lose in 1st round of cup run back on team

f*** Raanta

I think Stevie Y knows he needs a goalie. He got jipped by the Rangers in the tank for Lafreniere, which is a bit of a joke.

But he's Stevie Y. How long do you think his teams are going to be bad? I'd say maybe one more year before it starts to turn around. I don't expect Detroit in the doghouse for ever. Only thing is I don't know what Crawford has left. I'd rather have Holtby, per se. Even Fleury.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Why would Toronto move Freddy and bring in Henrik? That's a downgrade in every way possible.

More Cap space for Dougie Hamilton, and some re-signed players, so that the goalies don't have to face more shots. Heck a zamboni driver can beat Andersen, if you limit the shots. Might change the analytical approach. Campbell isn't a bad goalie, if you want to try your luck.

Ledge And Dairy

More Cap space for Dougie Hamilton, and some re-signed players, so that the goalies don't have to face more shots. Heck a zamboni driver can beat Andersen, if you limit the shots. Might change the analytical approach. Campbell isn't a bad goalie, if you want to try your luck.
Lol Dougie isn't signing in Toronto. He is very likely staying in Carolina

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

f*** Raanta

More thinking Corey will probably be begging for a contract, let alone one where he gets paid decent and is a starter again. He has his cup, I don’t see any contenders moving to him until all other options are looked at

I don’t think there’s enough chairs for all these goalie options, somebody will get squeezed, wouldn’t shock me if that’s Crawford

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I doubt Anderson will sign with NYI to play in the AHL. He isn't going to play over Varlamov or Sorokin.

My guess is that Anderson retires.

He's approaching a wins milestone. He will be playing.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Just a prediction for UFA goalies only...
UFA Goalies:
G Lehner - Vegas
G Holtby - Detroit
G Crawford - Chicago
G Markstrom - Calgary
G Lundqvist - Washington
G Greiss - Vancouver
G Talbot - San Jose
G Khudobin - Dallas
G Dell - Edmonton
G Elliott - Philadelphia
G Smith - St. Louis