News Article: Predators will open 2020-21 season in the Czech Republic vs. Boston Bruins

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So who loses the home game? Or is it a pair of regular season games?

Not a fan of this. Good for the fans over there or whatever.

Reactions: SouthNash

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Not a fan of this. At least it's at the beginning of the season and not like the idiotic NFL games in London in the middle, so hope it will minimize disruption to what they're used to.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Not a fan of this. At least it's at the beginning of the season and not like the idiotic NFL games in London in the middle, so hope it will minimize disruption to what they're used to.

I'm a HUGE fan of this as long as work doesn't interfere. I haven't been to Praha in a couple of months.

DSCN2082.JPG

Reactions: LCPreds

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I understand why Boston would play there, but wasn't Martin Erat the last Czech player of any note we had? As long as this displaces a Bruins home game, whatever...nothing for me to get excited over though, not a fan of gimmick games and loathe the Bruins.

Also means we'll probably go nearly a week+ between games early on.

Reactions: SouthNash

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Predators finally get a Global Series game and they go to the Czech Republic instead of Finland. It's likely gonna take years before they get another Global Series game, so this is really f***ing disheartening for someone like myself who really wanted to see them play live in Finland before Pekka hangs up the skates.

But oh well, at least Josi gets to play in Switzerland against his old team which I'm sure will be a really cool moment for him.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Predators finally get a Global Series game and they go to the Czech Republic instead of Finland. It's likely gonna take years before they get another Global Series game, so this is really ****ing disheartening for someone like myself who really wanted to see them play live in Finland before Pekka hangs up the skates.

But oh well, at least Josi gets to play in Switzerland against his old team which I'm sure will be a really cool moment for him.
Finland, Sweden, or Switzerland all make sense for us, naturally we get a country that makes none.

Reactions: adsfan

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
They couldn't find another team with Czechs for Boston to play? Washington has three including Vrana and Kempny who's PPG early, San Jose has three including Hertl, Rangers have two young guys.

Maybe Kondelik will be playing for us by then. :dunno:Otherwise I don't understand why we'd be playing in Prague.

Good for gaining international fans, but why would anyone there support our team especially when they're up against a legit star like Pasternak.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The only reason I don't have a train and hotel booked is because they haven't announced the dates.

If this date falls where I hope it might then I’m definitely there. Just hope they announce the dates early enough to properly plan.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Even if it's basically a Bruins home game, it's still good and the Preds get to hold training camp in Switzerland with plenty of Swiss fans traveling to the game i'm sure. I've seen Euro Preds fans on twitter talking about going to the game already, it's a lot faster and easier for them to travel from neighboring nations to get there than what the typical American perception of international travel is.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Even if it's basically a Bruins home game, it's still good and the Preds get to hold training camp in Switzerland with plenty of Swiss fans traveling to the game i'm sure. I've seen Euro Preds fans on twitter talking about going to the game already, it's a lot faster and easier for them to travel from neighboring nations to get there than what the typical American perception of international travel is.
Well that's because the US is massive comparatively so traveling to a different country is a big deal for most of us. Really Americans should think about traveling from state to state, that's a bit easier but closer to reality.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
This is great news for us euro fans. I'm definitely going! Probably few days early, since I've never been to Prague.

In Europe traveling to another country is much like traveling from state to state in US. Except that they're in fact different countries, speaking different languages...but yeah.

Two hour flight, so at worst case scenario I can fly back home the same evening if I absolutely have to.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This is great news for us euro fans. I'm definitely going! Probably few days early, since I've never been to Prague.

In Europe traveling to another country is much like traveling from state to state in US. Except that they're in fact different countries, speaking different languages...but yeah.

Two hour flight, so at worst case scenario I can fly back home the same evening if I absolutely have to.

I understand that Europe also has a much more robust system of passenger trains, which is basically non-existent in the US

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I understand that Europe also has a much more robust system of passenger trains, which is basically non-existent in the US
Well when your entire country is the size of Massachusetts it doesn't take a whole lot to be robust lol.

Basically all of Western Europe is the size of Texas and Louisiana put together.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad