Confirmed with Link: Predators sign RW Markus Nurmi [1-year]

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I think that had a lot to do with him needing to adjust to the NA game, and NA ice.

Thankfully the rink size adjustment won't be as big of a deal for a lot of guys anymore. A couple years ago the IIHF decided to switch to NHL size. Following suit, almost everyone other than Finland I think, are changing over or have already done so. Half the KHL rinks were already NHL size last season. I'm hoping to do more of a deep dive into the topic soon and track which leagues and rinks are changed or changing, and hopefully one of our Euro friends will reply if I've said anything incorrect.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Thankfully the rink size adjustment won't be as big of a deal for a lot of guys anymore. A couple years ago the IIHF decided to switch to NHL size. Following suit, almost everyone other than Finland I think, are changing over or have already done so. Half the KHL rinks were already NHL size last season. I'm hoping to do more of a deep dive into the topic soon and track which leagues and rinks are changed or changing, and hopefully one of our Euro friends will reply if I've said anything incorrect.
If they are all changing over to nhl size rinks, I would assume that means that tournaments like the Olympics and World Championships will also be played on nhl sized rinks, right?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If they are all changing over to nhl size rinks, I would assume that means that tournaments like the Olympics and World Championships will also be played on nhl sized rinks, right?

It's already in place for international tournaments, for example the Beijing Olympics earlier this year used the 200x85 NHL size rink.

The national leagues don't have to change, but most of them are doing it to stay consistent with the international tournaments and not have to make an adjustment for those events. I imagine it also benefits them by being able to add more seats after renovating.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad