News Article: Predators Sign Pitlick

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Based on our discussion on the Gopher message board and in reading the CBA, if Rem plays this year it'll burn a year of his contract.

Seems like he'll receive his first signing bonus now if he plays, second this summer, and you would have him signed just for next year at which point he'd be an RFA already.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The 9 regular season games or 1 playoff game rule applies. Only 7 regular season games left. He'd have t play in ONE playoff game. If he's good enough to play in ONE playoff game then cool. If not, Milwaukee gets the gopher. capfriendly has his contract sliding.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
How many teams can say they've had 2 Rem's in their history? I'd say one.

According to hockeydb.com only one NHL player in history went by the first name Rem. Which of course is Rem Murray.

Two NCAA players have been named Rem:
Rem Vanderbeek - Providence (09-11) - Undrafted, never played a pro game at any level.
Rem Pitlick - Minnesota (16-19)

And coincidentally, Rem Murray also came up through the NCAA route via Michigan State (91-95).

Two NHL players have gone by Remi and I'd estimate another 50-60 players with some variation like Remy, Remo, etc. who never made the NHL.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
According to hockeydb.com only one NHL player in history went by the first name Rem. Which of course is Rem Murray.

Two NCAA players have been named Rem:
Rem Vanderbeek - Providence (09-11) - Undrafted, never played a pro game at any level.
Rem Pitlick - Minnesota (16-19)

And coincidentally, Rem Murray also came up through the NCAA route via Michigan State (91-95).

Two NHL players have gone by Remi and I'd estimate another 50-60 players with some variation like Remy, Remo, etc. who never made the NHL.
Wouldn't that mean 3 NCAA players have been named Rem?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Wouldn't that mean 3 NCAA players have been named Rem?

I suppose I worded it weird. I didn't include Murray as he graduated to the NHL.

And the reason I even mentioned the other two as NCAA players is that it's not only the highest level they have achieved, but they are also the only two players named Rem (outside of Murray) listed on hockeydb. So it's slightly interesting that every player named Rem to have made it at least that far, did so via the NCAA .

I'm still not certain that I've cleared up any of that...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My recollection is that Rem was not actually Rem Murray's first name, but were his initials and that's just what he was called.

Reactions: PredsV82

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
So some actual Pitlick talk...

He's an RFA already next summer (2020). Don't think that was ever confirmed in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad