Claimed off Waivers: Predators claim Brad Hunt

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's really unfair to say, considering some players are just mismanaged, don't work well with a certain teams style, don't fit with their partner at D, etc.

He just doesn't have the ability. If he had the skating ability, he could maybe be a M-A Bergeron, but he's not good skater.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
867969041.0.gif

All I remember about this guy. Remember he was slinging the puck pretty well when it was on his stick, but when it was off his stick, he may as well have laid down.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I didn't mean it conditionally.
The league rules say there if there is a waiver claim, there is monetary compensation attached to it.

So as Nashville made a claim, then they would have been required (ie. were required) to supply compensation.

Never questioned the grammar of it myself. That's what, the past perfect tense I used?
I can see the confusion though!

And I seriously was not trying to call you out on that, just that I didn't get why they "would have" had to pay if they actually took the player.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If he is so good at offence and so poor at defence, then why doesn't he just try playing the wing????

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Pretty much this. We are on a 5 game road trip, tonight is game #2 of the trip and 3 defensemen on IR (Our #1, #2, and #8 on the depth chart). All in all, we now have 5 guys on IR. Subban, Josi, Wilson, Salomaki, and Granberg. These last 2 weeks have been murderous for the team. Neal just came back from IR.

God our top 2 Dman are Ekholm and Ellis. I remember when Keith went down last season and the Hawks fell apart (Crawford was dreadful during that stretch). But unlike us, they had Hjalmarsson and Seabrook who are obviously better than E-E, oh and more defensive structured forwards.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Because those talents don't necessarily translate...

That's exactly what I'm thinking, just because you're good defensively doesn't mean you will be good as a Dman, and vice versa. Every player has a different role, and it's a matter of being good defensively or offensively in that role rather than purely defensively or offensively. Hunt is a great puck mover, so he's much suited as a Dman rather than a winger, who might even have to do more work defensively in the offensive zone. But yeah Hunt is terrible in his own zone...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad