Waived: Predators claim Bobby Butler from NJ

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kind of had a hunch this was going to happen.

Was the "name" college free agent a couple of years ago, signed with Ottawa. Did okay there to start out, then cooled off. Good scorer in the AHL, awful start in NJ.

Low-risk move, beats trading assets in a throwaway season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Kind of had a hunch this was going to happen.

Was the "name" college free agent a couple of years ago, signed with Ottawa. Did okay there to start out, then cooled off. Good scorer in the AHL, awful start in NJ.

Low-risk move, beats trading assets in a throwaway season.

A RW, so where do we see him in the lineup? Maybe 4th line with Gaustad and Spaling?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well hopefully this can translate, he scored 27 points (16 G, 11 A) in 37 games this season in AHL action.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Heck its a low cost venture could be just another 4th liner or could turn into a productive 2nd or 3rd liner. Worth the risk at his salary.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
TSN Toronto says Butler was pulled off the ice in Toronto and is on the way.

This may be the case, but I doubt we see him play tonight. With 3 days off, I bet he practices with the team the next time they practice and plays Friday at home.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
hope B^2 can find a niche and stick with the preds. now, can the devils have halischuk back please?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
hope B^2 can find a niche and stick with the preds. now, can the devils have halischuk back please?

I second this.

Butler's like that guy that his shot and offense is pretty good, but everything else is just meh.

He had a good four or five games but his play had really tailed off of late and it his time on the big club was up. I think most Devils fans anticipated him being placed on waivers.

The biggest problem in NJ was he was stuck on the fourth line. DeBoer was unwilling to break up Carter-Gionta-Bernier which was our third line and he wasn't knocking Clarkson or Kovalchuk to the fourth line. He was usually stuck on a line with: Barch/Matteau-Josefson/Loktionov as his LW-C combo. He had some time with Zajac-Kovalchuk on the off-wing too and he looked pretty good, as well as on the 2nd PP, but with the emergence of Loktionov, he is likely to take this spot.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
These are the moves Poile loves. I'm sick of them for one.

Bobby butler isn't bringing anything to the table we don't already have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad