Prospect Info: Pre WJC Discussion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was hoping Hillis would get in. Still waiting to hear on Fonstad, if he will be able to play or if they will have to replace him if he can't go. The game vs Team WHL isn't for a week so perhaps we'll hear something this weekend.

Also no Olofsson for the U-20 4 Nations tournament that starts tomorrow as he's sick so that leaves just Norlinder and Romanov. I believe the games will be streamed for free but I'll know more tomorrow, will post the streams here if so.

Reactions: dralaf

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was hoping Hillis would get in. Still waiting to hear on Fonstad, if he will be able to play or if they will have to replace him if he can't go. The game vs Team WHL isn't for a week so perhaps we'll hear something this weekend.

Also no Olofsson for the U-20 4 Nations tournament that starts tomorrow as he's sick so that leaves just Norlinder and Romanov. I believe the games will be streamed for free but I'll know more tomorrow, will post the streams here if so.

I doubt Fonstad will play. According to the Tweet, Fonstad was practicing two days ago but in a non-contact jersey.

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The only thing I could find out on Dichow was that he didn't play in today's game, so if he's with the team then he's likely the 3rd goalie but I doubt they took a 3rd goalie to the tournament. The U-20 WJ's for Team Denmark start in a month on 12-9, first game is vs Latvia.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hillis just missed a tap in goal there, they moved him up to center the 2nd line with Perfetti after being at RW. I missed some of the 2nd and the first few mins of the 3rd as the game has gotten really boring. It's 3-0 but it's all OHL, perhaps the travel even though being off yesterday has caught up to Team Russia.

edit: the next shift they had Hillis at LW.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so tomorrow the 4 Nations tournament starts,

9:30 am est - Team Russia (Romanov) vs Team Finland
10:30 am est - Team Sweden (Norlinder) vs Team Czech Rep

Olofsson was practicing on the top line but won't play due to being sick. I'm almost certain the games will be streamed

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
so tomorrow the 4 Nations tournament starts,

9:30 am est - Team Russia (Romanov) vs Team Finland
10:30 am est - Team Sweden (Norlinder) vs Team Czech Rep

Olofsson was practicing on the top line but won't play due to being sick. I'm almost certain the games will be streamed

Will be great to see these guys in a good competition like this.

Is this Junior level?

4-0 Thomas scores on a nice shot from the slot.

4-1 final as Team Russia got one at the end of the game.

Why isn't Romanov playing?

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will be great to see these guys in a good competition like this.

Is this Junior level?

Why isn't Romanov playing?

It's a pre WJC tournament between Russia, Finland, Sweden and the Czechs. So most of the players will be at the WJC's next month.

They opted to send Romanov to the 4 Nations tournament instead of the CHL - Russia series. Don't know why, maybe because he played there last year and is a lock, maybe they wanted to look at a couple other D like the undrafted Anton Malyshev who has gotten some buzz before the tournament.

Reactions: 26Mats

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sweden U20 lineup at first practice in Helsinki:

N.Pasic–J.Olofsson–J.Berggren
N.Höglander–N.Åman–S.Fagemo
A.Holtz–O.Bäck–L.Raymond
A.Sundsvik–K.Henriksson–A.Eriksson
M.Karlberg

A.Ginning–N.Lundkvist
P.Broberg–F.Johansson
M.Norlinder–S.Lundmark
A. Wilsby

Alnefelt/Eliasson
Yup that line-ups terrible. I was wrong :laugh:

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Olofsson not playing. He's been sick the last few days. The team hung his nameplate to honor him.

I don't know if he's out for the whole tournament or just for today's game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder with the slick moves but couldn't get it past the goalie during 4 on 4 play.

the next shift he just missed re-directing one in after a nice rush up ice and a crisp tape to tape pass then he pinches in and gets it right back but he couldn't get it in. Sweden has been all over the Czech's but can't score a goal yet.

Reactions: G0bias

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Romanov is on the top pairing LD and you can watch the game in full at any time as it just ended. looks like I'll get my first chance to see Askarov in net for Russia.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Romanov is on the top pairing LD and you can watch the game in full at any time as it just ended. looks like I'll get my first chance to see Askarov in net for Russia.
Thanks for offering this service.
I dont have time to watch games but a summary of our prospects would be great after the games.

Reactions: Steeler23

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
here's Russia's game if you prefer watching Romanov,

Watched the first period and man, Romanov is gonna be a good one if he keeps progressing. Such a smooth skater, very smart and poised player, always seems to be making the right decisions. One of the things I like the most about him tho is watching him clear opposing players left and right around the crease, very physical player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Russian goalie was very good although it's not like he was tested that much with great chances as it was kind of a boring game. Undrafted forward Nikita Rozhkov scored a nice game winning goal.

Watched the first period and man, Romanov is gonna be a good one if he keeps progressing. Such a smooth skater, very smart and poised player, always seems to be making the right decisions. One of the things I like the most about him tho is watching him clear opposing players left and right around the crease, very physical player.

I just finished watching the game, he was physical and cleared the crease well. He was good on the PK as well. He took a penalty with less then a minute to go in a 2-1 game that made things interesting. Wasn't a bad penalty per say as it looked like he just got tangled up with the player in the crease and he went down. The puck wasn't anywhere near either player, so I thought the call was a little weak.

His skating is just a treat to watch, what mobility he has out there which is why he's easily going to be an NHLer as long he wants to as the kid is made for the NHL.

The question I continue to have is the offensive upside as I just don't see high upside there. That's ok, he's still going to play in the NHL likely for many years but I just don't know how good his offensive game is since I don't get much chance to see it in the KHL where I've seen a good bit of him but may have to wait till he comes over to get a better feel for what is his upside with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad