Confirmed with Link: Pre Season schedule is out

tlkearsey

Oct 19, 2010
Funny thing about the double header here in St. John's with the Islanders. It's not listed on Mile One Centre's website and when you ask at the box office they say it's not there.

They only announced 1 game, which isn't sold out yet.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It was pretty obvious that the team wasn't ready to start the season last year. Lets hope they concentrate on getting the team ready this time instead of overplaying Bingo bound guys. The combined AHL/NHL camp wasn't helpful to the big club. The final split game which forced them to keep extra bodies around instead of playing close to their 4 lines in the last game and then the long wait to play the 1st game didn't help at all. Considering they had new faces on the top lines and key guys returning from injury they needed time to play as line units and D combos to gel. Similar things could be said this year although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yep ^, well said. Hopefully the team can play together from the 1st pre-season game, gel, and be ready to start running when the actual season starts .

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Did I miss some piece of news?

AFAIK, the Ice Caps don't look to be moving until at least 2015, at the earliest.

Now you have done it. You are not going to like what comes next. You shouldn't have asked any questions. :shakehead

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I think the local ownership in St. John's probably saw Ottawa and the Isles as teams that could potentially want their AHL affiliates there and booked some pre-season action to test the waters.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I think the local ownership in St. John's probably saw Ottawa and the Isles as teams that could potentially want their AHL affiliates there and booked some pre-season action to test the waters.

Is Bingo unstable? I thought everything as ok there. St Johns is too isolated for ECHL

Karlsson4President

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
It was pretty obvious that the team wasn't ready to start the season last year. Lets hope they concentrate on getting the team ready this time instead of overplaying Bingo bound guys. The combined AHL/NHL camp wasn't helpful to the big club. The final split game which forced them to keep extra bodies around instead of playing close to their 4 lines in the last game and then the long wait to play the 1st game didn't help at all. Considering they had new faces on the top lines and key guys returning from injury they needed time to play as line units and D combos to gel. Similar things could be said this year although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Exactly, not only this, but the long Western road-trip to start the season didn't help.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
Is Bingo unstable? I thought everything as ok there. St Johns is too isolated for ECHL

Considering there is a team in Alaska I wouldn't go that far..

The Jets are leaving after this year(not sure of where they will end up)but they are going. The talk around the city and whatnot is that Ottawa is the most likely candidate to replace them.It is only around a 2-2.5 hour plane ride from here to Ottawa considering we have teams in the league in New England and their affiliate in California, that's not bad.

Considering we have sold out every game in the teams existence and we pulled off the AHL all star game well, and we won awards at the league meetingsWe have done really well here despite the issue of travel. From what I heard ticket sales for the game is going well and I look forward to seeing both games.

I just found it odd that both teams that have been rumoured to come here are playing two games here.The Sens must like it here as they have been here now 3 times(more then any other team).The B sens had a regular season game here in 2008 and held training camp here in 2010(and played games here).

Last edited:

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
There's been some talk of the Jets moving the farm team to Thunder Bay.

Thunder Bay's arena is not even built yet in fact nothing has been started..

The belief is the Jets will have them play in Winnipeg for a couple of years until the arena is built.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I would love it if Ottawa makes the St John's Senators. They sell out every game there, and it is closer then bingo.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Move them to Kingston so I can get season tickets.
Home_zps64fc06a7.jpg

Photo credit to Jerkstore.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Funny thing about the double header here in St. John's with the Islanders. It's not listed on Mile One Centre's website and when you ask at the box office they say it's not there.

They only announced 1 game, which isn't sold out yet.

They were advertising that game during the AHL playoffs though, talking about the Colin Greening homecoming.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
Danny Williams (IceCaps CEO) owns the naming rights to IceCaps so odds are the name will stay.

The jersey's will have to change..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad