Post-Game Talk: Pre-season game 3 vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’m starting to worry about Kempny. I would expect a vet to be looking better as these games go on. He is not. He can’t be on the roster at this point

Reactions: tenken00

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I’m starting to worry about Kempny. I would expect a vet to be looking better as these games go on. He is not. He can’t be on the roster at this point
Agreed. Given how tight they are to the cap, they don’t have the ability to just wait and hope he gets his sh*t together.

He needs time and games to shake off the rust but would have liked to see improvement and I didn’t see any.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm not expecting much from him. Might be best to have him as a 7th d-man. TVR/Fever can be the 3rd pairing.

Might be a good idea, but that also means he won't knock off any rust at all by sitting almost every game. And if there is an injury, might be tough to swallow this type of play without knocking off any rust.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Kempny didn't earn a single penny of his 4x2.5m contract lmao. Oh well. Thanks for the Cup. Bye now.
He was good for that first season before he got injured. For the most part he even looked better than Niskanen. He also looked good for a while after his return to the lineup in 2019/20, but it seemed like his injury caught up with him as the season went on.

Worth remembering that if the Caps have to LTIR Backstrom, it gives them a lot more time to work Kempny into the lineup even if he starts as #7. I’m also doubtful Fehevary will play every game, regardless of where Kempny is in the depth charts.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Ehhh... what?

6 + 19 = 25 +24 in 71 games in 2018-'19.
3 + 15 = 18 +19 in 58 games in 2019-'20.

He was great after the Cup.
Yeah he was in good shape until that Bolts player(forget who it was) de-railed Kempny into the players bench doorway. That was such a douche hit by the Bolts player.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah he was in good shape until that Bolts player(forget who it was) de-railed Kempny into the players bench doorway. That was such a douche hit by the Bolts player.

It was Paquette.

The play occurred after Kempny took issue with a hit from Cedric Paquette that looked like a possible board. Kempny reacted with a shot to the face of Paquette, followed by a shove which sparked a melee between the two. The two sparred along the boards and Paquette grabbed Kempny and took him down to the ice. Kempny fell awkwardly and it appeared his left leg was caught up underneath him.

Michal Kempny limps off ice against Lightning with lower-body injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad