Post-Game Talk: Pre-season game 2 vs Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Sorry if this has been discussed before.. but I’m an out of market caps fan. Have historically used nhl.tv which got me all caps games other than nationally broadcasted games. I have Disney+ now which i thought should do the same. But neither caps preseason games have been on there so far. Is it just because they are preseason? Or am I don’t something wrong?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Surely the referee that made the awful high stick call right in front of his face will be punished for performing poorly at his job.

Sick league

Reactions: max21

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Sorry if this has been discussed before.. but I’m an out of market caps fan. Have historically used nhl.tv which got me all caps games other than nationally broadcasted games. I have Disney+ now which i thought should do the same. But neither caps preseason games have been on there so far. Is it just because they are preseason? Or am I don’t something wrong?

I would love to help you but I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not sure if anyone does. But if anyone does know, it should be stated in here:

NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

Reactions: McVechkin

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm also an out-of-market Caps fans who previously used NHL.tv. IIRC, a few years ago, if a game was nationally televised on NHL Network, it wasn't available on NHL.tv. Then, suddenly those games were available on NHL.tv (during the two Covid seasons, I think?) Now that ESPN+ is essentially the new NHL.tv, it looks like the NHL Network games (like tonight's preseason game) are no longer available again?

I cut cable years ago (and I'm never going back). But, as far as I can tell, even with ESPN+ there's no perfect option that gets me all Caps games (nationally televised and out-of-market) this year:

-I currently have Fubo, which has NHL Network (for an extra fee), but doesn't have TNT (which is airing the Caps opener against NYR)
-YouTube TV has TNT and NHL Network (for an additional fee), but is about to lose all of their NBC channels, which means I won't get my regional sports networks in Philly (which means I can't watch any non-nationally-televised Caps/Flyers games).
-Hulu has my local regional sports network and TNT, but doesn't have NHL Network.
-I forget what the deal is with Sling, but they're missing stuff too. Probably the RSNs.

If YouTube TV comes to an agreement with NBC and keeps my RSNs, I'll probably switch from Fubo to YTTV (even though I have a Roku TV which doesn't allow the YTTV app--I'd have to go through the regular YT app). If YTTV and NBC can't play nice (which seems to be the case), I'll go with Hulu. The HuluLive TV + Ad-Free Hulu + Disney + ESPN+ deal is pretty good. I'd just have to figure out another solution for the rare Caps game on NHL Network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad