GDT: Pre-Season #2/#3 vs. Kraken (Split Squad)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That's been his role most of the past 3 years.

Agreed, but my curiosity also is whether we truly pick up a random waiver claim for popcorn, or if we will give the kids and journeymen a chance as the 13th and 14th forwards in the press box as we did in the Hartley era. This especially with the Wranglers in the same city which offers unique opportunities that we wouldn't have before.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Hopefully they trust who they have in the organisation already. I wouldn't go out to the waiver wire unless you see someone you really, really think is superior in every fashion.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully they trust who they have in the organisation already. I wouldn't go out to the waiver wire unless you see someone you really, really think is superior in every fashion.

Yeah, I was thinking it'd be more interesting to have guys like Hunt, Schwindt or even the rookies in the press box watching and learning how to integrate themselves on the roster (hopefully longer term) once they get a chance vs someone who knows they have no future with the org in the press box.

Reactions: deleted user

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Agreed. All of Zary, Pelletier, Klapka, Coronato, Duehr and Solovyov should get a look at NHL games this year. The NHL is so different than the AHL so some evaluation must occur at the NHL level so you can truly know what is in the cupboard.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It really depends on who and their potential role.

I don't want a kid sitting in the press box if they are able to be sent down, so I don't think they necessarily have to be all that much better. Depending on our cap situation, I'd gladly take a chance on a young guy with potential as several of them get waived every year.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Aye, I do see your point. I hope they have a good plan for integrating and/or evaluating as much as possible this year for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad