Pre-Lottery Mock Drafts

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Minnesota is picking 13th.

A choice between Helenius and Catton would be a nice one.
Fixed the order in my post. Thanks

Catton might be the better scorer but I just like Helenius's all round game, The Wild has always seemed like a team that doesn't have super skilled forwards (other then Kaprizov) but instead values the players that are good at both ends and have a high compete level.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
1. SJ C. Celebrini - Duh
2. CHI C/RW C. Lindstrom - Power forward to play on Bedards wing for years to come instead of waiting for Demidov to arrive in the future.
3. ANH RD A. Levshunov - Plays in Michigan so wait factor isn't there and he's the best RD available
4 CLB W I. Demidov - The Jackets have a deep prospect pool, Their fans might want a player that can help the team fast but I think Columbus can risk the wait time in order to eventually get a player who might be the 2nd best player in the draft.

Demidov might be one of the earliest players from this class to get to the NHL, he only has one more year under contract in the KHL.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Demidov might be one of the earliest players from this class to get to the NHL, he only has one more year under contract in the KHL.
With Politics and him probably making more money in the short term in the KHL I just think he'll go for another contract.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For now...

Yes, that's why I said maybe.

But it doesn't seem especially unlikely for Demidov to sign in the NHL in a year from now, there have been many 19-20 year old Russians signing in the NHL in the last year.

With Politics and him probably making more money in the short term in the KHL I just think he'll go for another contract,

If he was especially inclined to do that, he probably would have extended there already.

The opinion among several Russian posters is that SKA does not expect him to extend (hence they're leaving him off their roster).

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
My completely uninformed take:

1. SJS - Macklin Celebrini.
2. CHI - Artyom Levshunov. I could see them take Lindstrom, seeing as their centres are all small. Demidov is also a possibility, but they really need an RD.
3. ANA - Zeev Buium. He just seems like a Verbeek pick to me. They could go with Demidov too.
4. CBJ - Ivan Demidov. I could see them go with Lindstrom too, but CBJ more than anything need high-end talent, irregardless of position. Demidov seems the most likely one of the two to provide that.
5. MTL - Cayden Lindstrom.
6. UTA - Berkly Catton. They need more centres. I could see them trade up to get Lindstrom in this scenario too.
7. OTT - Anton Silayev.
8. SEA - Sam Dickinson. Safe pick.
9. CGY - Zayne Parekh. His numbers are hard to pass up on.
10. NJD - Cole Eiserman. They have lots of good young players, so I could see them taking a high-risk high-potential pick.
11. BUF - Tij Iginla.
12. PHI - Liam Greentree
13. MIN - Konsta Helenius
14. SJS - Carter Yakemchuk.
15. DET - Yegor Surin. Yzerman will make a surprise pick and I will be very sad.
16. STL - Adam Jiricek.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. SJ Celebrini
2. Chin- Demidov
3. Ana -Dickinson
4. CBJ Buuim
5. Montreal -Lindstrom
6. Utah-Levshunov
7. Ott Silayev
8. Sea- Eiserman
9. Cgy Catton
10 Cgy- (NJ) Iginla
11. Cgy- (Buf) Yakemchuk

Cry trades

Van first, Markstrom + Cgy second for #10

Andersson for Ostlund + 11 overall

Cause why not

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
My completely uninformed take:

1. SJS - Macklin Celebrini.
2. CHI - Artyom Levshunov. I could see them take Lindstrom, seeing as their centres are all small. Demidov is also a possibility, but they really need an RD.
3. ANA - Zeev Buium. He just seems like a Verbeek pick to me. They could go with Demidov too.
4. CBJ - Ivan Demidov. I could see them go with Lindstrom too, but CBJ more than anything need high-end talent, irregardless of position. Demidov seems the most likely one of the two to provide that.
5. MTL - Cayden Lindstrom.
6. UTA - Berkly Catton. They need more centres. I could see them trade up to get Lindstrom in this scenario too.
7. OTT - Anton Silayev.
8. SEA - Sam Dickinson. Safe pick.
9. CGY - Zayne Parekh. His numbers are hard to pass up on.
10. NJD - Cole Eiserman. They have lots of good young players, so I could see them taking a high-risk high-potential pick.
11. BUF - Tij Iginla.
12. PHI - Liam Greentree
13. MIN - Konsta Helenius
14. SJS - Carter Yakemchuk.
15. DET - Yegor Surin. Yzerman will make a surprise pick and I will be very sad.
16. STL - Adam Jiricek.
I'll say there's no chance that Flyers pass on Helenius and Yakemchuk if they're both there. We need centers and D more than than wing by a large mile.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is NOT a weak draft like so many were saying.
The depth and quality of the D is very, very, good. Not as many good forwards, and that's often what many on here (not GM's) focus on.

If MN has a choice between Helenius and Yakemchuk I'll be both thrilled and conflicted. Losing that last game the stay below PIT was clutch.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I think the Habs will pick Iginla. I'm not making fun of them and saying they'll reach, I think it's a great pick and he'll be a really good player. Apparently, they've met with him 4 times already. I wouldn't mind the Sens getting him, although if one of the top RD is still available, like Parekh, that'll be their pick.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Probably soon after Jiricek, He's definitely a wildcard and reminds me of perhaps a slightly better version of Alexander Holtz. He's a very Boom or Bust pick and while his ability to score is great I don't know of there is much room for one trick ponies in today's NHL.

This Draft is definitely hard to mock, After Celebrini I could see the next 8 on my list going 2nd overall. There aren't really tiers with two or three players instead its a grab bag where you arguably can't really go wrong.
What are you taking about? I can mock it quite easily. Celebrini is the best player? Calling this a weak draft is an insult to weak drafts everywhere. Some of thr best players make Lane Hutson look like a crease cleared. Good luck to any of them in thr NHL. And don’t get me started on the nepotism. If Iginla’s last name was Smith he’d be lucky to be selected in the second round of my beer league draft. Granted we play kickball in my beer league but still. See, easy peasy.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Agree on Eiserman - why Catton?
Size, scouts might have trouble believing Catton can win the middle of the ice. He projects more of a wing than a center because of that. Undersized wingers go a lot lower than their skill level at juniors because it doesn’t translate as often

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Size, scouts might have trouble believing Catton can win the middle of the ice. He projects more of a wing than a center because of that. Undersized wingers go a lot lower than their skill level at juniors because it doesn’t translate as often

Thanks. I had thought he was a pure center even with his size, but interesting.

Reactions: Castle8130

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1. SJS: Celebrini
2. CHI: lindstrom
3. ANA: levshunov
4.CBJ: Demidov
5. MTL: Dickinson
6. Utah: Silayev
7. OTT: Buium
8. SEA: Eiserman
9. CGY: Iginla
10. NJD: Helenius
11. BUF: Jiricek
12. PHI: Greentree
13. MIN: Catton
14. SJS: Yakemchuk
15. DET: brandseggnygard

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1. SJ C. Celebrini - Duh
2. CHI C/RW C. Lindstrom - Power forward to play on Bedards wing for years to come instead of waiting for Demidov to arrive in the future.
3. ANH RD A. Levshunov - Plays in Michigan so wait factor isn't there and he's the best RD available
4 CLB W I. Demidov - The Jackets have a deep prospect pool, Their fans might want a player that can help the team fast but I think Columbus can risk the wait time in order to eventually get a player who might be the 2nd best player in the draft.
5 MTL LD S. Dickinson - BPA, Whats better then one Reinbacher? two of them! if they want a center or winger they should trade down.
6 ARI LD A. Silayev - the Coyotes like drafting Russians so they get the 6'7 defenseman Silayev,
7 OTT RD C. Yakemchuk - The Sens need an RD and one that is good on both sides of the puck.
8 SEA LD Z. Buium - BPA and While the the Kraken's Defense is good I think their backend isn't that great at setting up their forwards. Buium should help that greatly.
9 CGY W T. Iginla - I don't need to explain this
10 NJ Brantsegg-Nygard - I call him Slafkovsky-lite, Just in Smaller packaging.
11 BUF RD Z. Parekh - The Sabres need RD might as well take the BPA
12 PHI RW L. Greentree - With Cutter Gauthier traded away GreenTree is the closet thing to a top 6 powerforward they can get.
13 MIN C/RW K. Helenius - High compete level and great IQ, Just seems like a Wild type of player. Could definitely see him playing Center or Wing.
14 SJ (from PIT) I. Chernyshov - Since Grier became GM he's focused more on bigness over the smaller skilled guy. Takes the bigger all rounder that is easily projectible to be a solid NHL'er and still has a high enough ceiling that he could be the steal of the draft.
15 DET W B. Catton - One of the better goal scorers of the draft and Yzerman doesn't seem to be a GM to be concerned about size.
16 STL RD A. Jiricek - BPA

I like your list… I forgot parekh

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The amount of people predicting Catton to MIN is making my heart warm. Don’t think he realistically gets past PHI tho.

Reactions: 57special

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
It's depressing to me seeing Demidov getting picked 4th in alot of these mocks right before Montreal. I'd be so over the moon if he's there at 5. That said Lindstrom would be a nice consolation.

Reactions: atrud66

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
1. SJS: Celebrini
2. CHI: lindstrom
3. ANA: levshunov
4.CBJ: Demidov
5. MTL: Dickinson
6. Utah: Silayev
7. OTT: Buium
8. SEA: Eiserman
9. CGY: Iginla
10. NJD: Helenius
11. BUF: Jiricek
12. PHI: Greentree
13. MIN: Catton
14. SJS: Yakemchuk
15. DET: brandseggnygard
After some serious consideration, we can be friends again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad