Pre Game Talk: Penguins @ Flyers | 1/19/2013 | 3:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Engo is one of our best defenders. I'll wait to see what the line-up is. Seriously though.. if he doesn't play, I'll be one of the most obnoxious posters around here calling for his firing.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
How important do u guys feel this game is tom? I know its really only 1 of 48 games but it feels like a big game if pens lose another high scoring game like they did in the playoffs its gonna be pretty discouraging to me.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
How important do u guys feel this game is tom? I know its really only 1 of 48 games but it feels like a big game if pens lose another high scoring game like they did in the playoffs its gonna be pretty discouraging to me.

It's the 1st game of a shortened season and both teams have had no games. Seriously win or lose, both teams will get better as the season advances. Relax folks!

Pfnf

Dec 13, 2008
Tyrol Austria
I'm super pumped. I'm going to watch this game with 2 other pens fans, a couple flyers fans and a couple of rangers fans. Trash talking has already begun! :D

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Not at all. The first 30 games don't really matter. Gotta play the best at the end of the season.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The more i think about it i know your right 3 months from now this games not gonna mean much i just hate these flyers so much

We all do. Offensively I think they're going to be a lot more challenged with the loses of Jagr and JVR. They only signed Fedotenko in the summer.

Briere is also missing the start of the season with an injury, he always seems to kill us so good thing he isn't playing

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
We all do. Offensively I think they're going to be a lot more challenged with the loses of Jagr and JVR. They only signed Fedotenko in the summer.

Briere is also missing the start of the season with an injury, he always seems to kill us so good thing he isn't playing

He's just scared of Joe Vitale.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Ya and its not like they were some great team last year they finished 5th in the conference and they didn't give the devils much of a fight. They were just a terrible match up for us last year hopefully it changes this year.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

It is paramount that MAF has a good game to regain some of his confidence. If he S's the bed, the big top, circus music might as well start playing. It's great we have Vokoun, but I think we need 2 capable options. Pen's can't lean totally on Vokoun this year either.

I personally wouldn't risk starting MAF in PHI. I'd let TV take that start and MAF have the NYR. MAF seems to get rattled easily in the missing chromosome cesspool, PHI.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Is DJ really the odd man out on this roster? Like Adams is a better player...WTF? This isn't even close.

DJ is better than Adams and Glass. Probably better than Vitale too. Sure, lets sit him instead of the 35yo Adams.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It is paramount that MAF has a good game to regain some of his confidence. If he S's the bed, the big top, circus music might as well start playing. It's great we have Vokoun, but I think we need 2 capable options. Pen's can't lean totally on Vokoun this year either.

I personally wouldn't risk starting MAF in PHI. I'd let TV take that start and MAF have the NYR. MAF seems to get rattled easily in the missing chromosome cesspool, PHI.

Well you have to start him. I mean come on right? First game of the year and you don't start a goalie who's been trending a bit downward after you signed a really good backup.........you're straight up telling everyone he's not the starter even if that's not the case. Plus MAF has played these teams before and will have to play them again. No reason not to start him.

Get the defense on the straight and narrow and then worry about the goaltending. Softies aside, which MAF certainly needs to eliminate entirely, people have the order of who to criticize backwards around here. I think MAF's start is absolutely a concern, but so is the possiblity of cross ice one timers and jail breaks being the norm for the first 10 games.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Ya i think if these games were next week DB would have TV vs phily and MAF vs nyr but i think u kinda have to start your #1 goalie for your first game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad