GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 21 • Slovakia vs. Finland • 0-3 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marre

Mar 10, 2004
I really hope you're not referring to the "incident". I must say that Ullberg would be about twelve different kinds of idiot to pull that stunt again, especially while representing the national team in a major tournament. That would be a career-ending move.

Not only that, but also that could be a problem. Not because he would do that again (no one could be that stupid) but how much there may be resentment left from it. Those things are always not so easily forgiven, forgotten and moved on at.

I reckon they picked Ullberg because he's actually been quite impressive recently. There's no rule that says your reserve has to be inferior to the playing tandem. Add those aspects to the fact that he's eligible next year like you mentioned as well, and I figure quite a few people would have popped a question or two if they'd picked someone else. I certainly would have.

I do agree. His rebound control and playing with the stick could use some more improvement but he has really played surprisingly well lately, which is of course very nice and I really hope he continues to do well and get better. He is a talented lad.

Oh, and Tuohimaa is -91 born. Not eligible.

Yes, of course. :facepalm: I don't know why I remembered him to be -92

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Final Score: Finland 3 Slovakia 0. Dolnik moves one game closer to his amazing breakout game.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Richard Ullberg, meanwhile, was quite lonely for much of the game at the Finland end, facing just 12 shots in the first two periods.
Untitled-1.jpg

:laugh:

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
17:25 FIN 15 Miro Aaltonen (16 Aleksander Barkov, 5 Rasmus Ristolainen)
25:10 FIN 11 Markus Granlund (5 Rasmus Ristolainen, 20 Mikael Granlund)
42:22 FIN 10 Joel Armia (22 Miikka Salomäki)

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Going by the numbers, not exactly the blowout win people expected, but it's hard to say how the game looked overall without seeing it. Judging by the report available though, it sounded pretty one-sided so maybe, just maybe it should have been more?

Oh well. The result is what matters. Especially MAG and Armia finding the net is good news. The report also gave Barkov a special nod, lovin' that.

Happy to hear that Ullberg got a piece of action as well, despite the fact that this gives us all another four days worth' of bickering and wild mass guessing of the final goalie roles.

Last edited:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
The report sounds pretty good, seems like Finland held the reins the entire match. I'm not sure why some poeple were expecting a huge blowout, Slovakia have a pretty solid D this year.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
:) Yeah, that sounds funny. Who the hell is that trump-card :huh:? Toman?? :laugh:

Yeah, but I found this part about Latvia even funnier:
"NavyÅ¡e sa zdalo, že náš prvý súper na svetovom Å¡ampionáte od Baltiku po tom, čo zaregistroval naÅ¡u prítomnosť, neodkryl vÅ¡etky svoje tromfy,"

Slovak coach after watching CZE-LAT game: "Additionally it seems that our first opponent didn´t show all of its triumphs after they realized we were there." :laugh:

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
17:25 FIN 15 Miro Aaltonen (16 Aleksander Barkov, 5 Rasmus Ristolainen)
25:10 FIN 11 Markus Granlund (5 Rasmus Ristolainen, 20 Mikael Granlund)
42:22 FIN 10 Joel Armia (22 Miikka Salomäki)

Looks like the big names came through.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Yeah, but I found this part about Latvia even funnier:
"Navyše sa zdalo, že náš prvý súper na svetovom šampionáte od Baltiku po tom, čo zaregistroval našu prítomnosť, neodkryl všetky svoje tromfy,"

Slovak coach after watching CZE-LAT game: "Additionally it seems that our first opponent didn´t show all of its triumphs after they realized we were there." :laugh:

Well, judging by the radio broadcast our North Americans were not noticeable at all so who knows... maybe that's how we could explain that loss :D:D that we are hiding some God knows what trumps... I certainly hope so :)

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Rasmus Ristolainen is a cool name - not draft eligible until 2013, already over 6 feet tall and playing with the grown ups?

Is he considered an elite prospect down the road?

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I hear Ullberg stole the game. :sarcasm::naughty:

Rasmus Ristolainen is a cool name - not draft eligible until 2013, already over 6 feet tall and playing with the grown ups?

Is he considered an elite prospect down the road?
He is most definitely considered an elite prospect. There's a topic for him in the prospects section for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad