GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 20 • United States vs. Russia • 3-6 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Period 1
02:25 RUS 16 Ignat Zemchenko (15 Pavel Kulikov, 23 Ivan Telegin) PP
02:54 USA 21 Josh Archibald (26 Austin Watson, 23 Connor Brickley)
03:52 RUS 4 Viktor Antipin (18 Yaroslav Kosov)

Period 2
09:03 RUS 19 Alexander Khoklachev (23 Ivan Telegin, 10 Nail Yakupov)
19:43 USA 11 J.T. Miller SH

Period 3
07:57 RUS 10 Nail Yakupov (87 Igor Ozhiganov) SH
13:54 RUS 9 Nikita Kucherov (26 Ildar Isangulov, 4 Viktor Antipin) PP
14:34 USA 9 Kenny Agostino (8 Jacob Trouba, 11 J.T. Miller)
18:21 RUS 9 Nikita Kucherov (23 Ivan Telegin) EN

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So USA's top line of Zucker, Etem and Coyle was kept of the score board, huh?

How did they look otherwise?

Fulcrum

Because it costs money to televise a game. An exhibition WJC game isn't likely to be worth the cost.

Ye, because it's REALLY expensive to put some Joe with a camera and connect it to online stream.. please.

Personally, I'm disappointing with the FHR and the Russian media for nearly complete lack of coverage. Looking at the Canadian coverage, I can't help but be jealous. Seriously, how hard is it to send some Ivan with a $500 camera to film the team and games - at least highlights regularly?? I would even pay to watch the game

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Ye, because it's REALLY expensive to put some Joe with a camera and connect it to online stream.. please.

Personally, I'm disappointing with the FHR and the Russian media for nearly complete lack of coverage. Looking at the Canadian coverage, I can't help but be jealous. Seriously, how hard is it to send some Ivan with a $500 camera to film the team and games - at least highlights regularly?? I would even pay to watch the game

Then you probably have to buy the right to do that, shouldn´t be too expensive though.

cenas*

Anybody know why JT Miller was on the 4th line!? How did he look? :(

Sounds nuts..

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

That would be so horrible it would be unwatchable.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
In international tournaments. Gibson has outplayed Campbell at the OHL level.

Campbell is horribly inconsistent...when he's "on" he's fantastic and when he's not he's #%#@%.....!
Gibson is just so darn consistently great! I've seen every game he's played this year and I have seen only one bad period. (Bad is a loose term.....his "bad period" would be average for most goalies)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Campbell is horribly inconsistent...when he's "on" he's fantastic and when he's not he's #%#@%.....!
Gibson is just so darn consistently great! I've seen every game he's played this year and I have seen only one bad period. (Bad is a loose term.....his "bad period" would be average for most goalies)

Fair enough. But if you are an American it is hard not to go with Campbell given his history. It would be equally hard to go with Gibson given his youth/inexperience.

Either way, it is one exhibition game. I would not be changing anything this early in the tournament.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Then you probably have to buy the right to do that, shouldn´t be too expensive though.

i am sure if you have the rights for your team-games which NTV+ does, you do not need to pay extra for exhibition games (or a small marginal sum of $). you can find Russian hockey fans all over the world or you can just hire a company to feed the games online for a small price. It's always power struggle instead of effective work.

Roy Gerbil

Hang up the phone
Oct 17, 2007
Roy, New Mexico
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but the US special teams were atrocious. Gave up 2 shg and a pp goal against. Had alot of zone time on their own powerplays but couldn't create real scoring chances with any regularity. The US carried the play for the most part and had a ton of zone time but again had trouble creating grade-A chances. Vasilievsky was good when he had to be, Campbell was average, made a few great saves but should have had some of the shots that got past him. Despite the score thought the US had the better showing. Getting their special teams under control and their full roster playing they'll be a force. Not as convinced that when the proper tournament starts Russia will be able to rely on creating so much of their offense on the rush. Just my thoughts.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but the US special teams were atrocious. Gave up 2 shg and a pp goal against. Had alot of zone time on their own powerplays but couldn't create real scoring chances with any regularity. The US carried the play for the most part and had a ton of zone time but again had trouble creating grade-A chances. Vasilievsky was good when he had to be, Campbell was average, made a few great saves but should have had some of the shots that got past him. Despite the score thought the US had the better showing. Getting their special teams under control and their full roster playing they'll be a force. Not as convinced that when the proper tournament starts Russia will be able to rely on creating so much of their offense on the rush. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the insights. My hope is Blais and co can get the PP in order. Failures with the man advantage cost the U.S. the game last night. They have to clean that up.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
So Russia rested 3 of their 4 best players and they still scored 6? Time to cut down on the mistakes boys.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Fair enough. But if you are an American it is hard not to go with Campbell given his history. It would be equally hard to go with Gibson given his youth/inexperience.

Either way, it is one exhibition game. I would not be changing anything this early in the tournament.

Don't disagree but I still think Gibson will be the #1 by the end of the tourney for the Americans.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Don't disagree but I still think Gibson will be the #1 by the end of the tourney for the Americans.

I think you might be right. I think the Americans have had more success switching goalies, mid-tournament, than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad