Sportsnet: Pre Camp Player News....

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for the link but doesn’t say much other than the guys who we know are still playing in Europe, are playing in Europe. Didn’t talk about current whereabouts of lots of other guys, other than some speculation.
They are training together at our training facility. Have been for awhile but never much video of it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for the link but doesn’t say much other than the guys who we know are still playing in Europe, are playing in Europe. Didn’t talk about current whereabouts of lots of other guys, other than some speculation.
Abruzzese isn’t mentioned. His hockey is shut down. I looked today and could find anything on him

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Jack Campbell Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster
Campbell has 64 NHL games expierence. As you can see in the link his numbers are really good “career”. The bio saying he falters is hardly believable with so small a sample size. Very interesting player moving forward for us. Likely our starter after this year forming the main part of some good duo. Andersen likely costing himself out with every good game this coming season.

It could be a fair criticism in the sense that he was drafted 11th overall and has yet to become a starter. Furthermore, the bulk of his games have been over the course of the past two seasons. For sure though, can't entirely rule out him being a late bloomer. At worst, he appears to have found a niche as a backup/borderline 1B.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m glad someone besides me believes Andersen is a top 10 goalie. Super 16: Top NHL goalies

H
is numbers since he’s been with us are astonishing considering the defenses he has played behind. This year is the best defense he will have in front since becoming a Leaf. Expect a better more rested Freddy with Bell&Dell backing him up on a roster keeping 3 goalies.

Freddy is nothing short of being bashed on this board. Whoever wants to fine go ahead. It will be a joy to watch Freddy prove you’s wrong.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It could be a fair criticism in the sense that he was drafted 11th overall and has yet to become a starter. Furthermore, the bulk of his games have been over the course of the past two seasons. Can't rule out him being a late bloomer. At worst, he appears to have found a niche as a backup/borderline 1B.
A very good goalie for only 64 games of Nhl expierence. Good guy too. Andersen/Campbell and Dell are some great depth. I’ll definitely reserve evaluation on Campbell until he gains more expierence. I think he will be good in this trio. I think we have to go a trio or lose Dell to waivers.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A very good goalie for only 64 games of Nhl expierence. Good guy too. Andersen/Campbell and Dell are some great depth. I’ll definitely reserve evaluation on Campbell until he gains more expierence. I think he will be good in this trio. I think we have to go a trio or lose Dell to waivers.

Seems like a great teammate. The team is definitely three deep in net now. Dell can still be backup on some teams. I agree that it will be interesting to see how Dubas navigates this. Having Dell not be on the taxi squad is absolutely something I can envision.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Seems like a great teammate. The team is definitely three deep in net now. Dell can still be backup on some teams. I agree that it will be interesting to see how Dubas navigates this. Having Dell not be on the taxi squad is absolutely something I can envision.
He has to protect him from waivers. I hope we get some video from this camp. It’s ridiculous how little gets out. The season will start and we will be cold on everything the team is doing.

Reactions: Buds17

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Keefe announced
Thornton line 1

Hyman line 3

That should keep Zach's UFA pay day becoming more palatable for us LOL.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I’m glad someone besides me believes Andersen is a top 10 goalie. Super 16: Top NHL goalies

H
is numbers since he’s been with us are astonishing considering the defenses he has played behind. This year is the best defense he will have in front since becoming a Leaf. Expect a better more rested Freddy with Bell&Dell backing him up on a roster keeping 3 goalies.

Freddy is nothing short of being bashed on this board. Whoever wants to fine go ahead. It will be a joy to watch Freddy prove you’s wrong.

I think many feel Freddy isn't a big game goalie. I can remember Roy was pretty average in the regular season then went psycho in the playoffs. Freddy is the opposite. He is also on the last year of his contract. The question is does he deserve a raise? If not, many want something for him.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think many feel Freddy isn't a big game goalie. I can remember Roy was pretty average in the regular season then went psycho in the playoffs. Freddy is the opposite. He is also on the last year of his contract. The question is does he deserve a raise? If not, many want something for him.
If Campbell starts getting significantly more games to start it might be a sign they are seeing if he can handle the starting job. We can’t move Freddy in this condensed schedule is my take on it. Plus the players love Freddy and they wouldn’t like the team throwing away their starter. They like Campbell too but freddy does need a playoff series win. I would move him for Kuemper straight up.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

H

His numbers here are largely the same as they were on a solid Anaheim team, other than last year's debacle. Nothing astonishing about his numbers - in fact, it's usually easier for goalies to rack up a higher save percentage on teams that give up more shots.

Andersen is a solid workhorse goalie. Nothing special, nothing irreplaceable.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
His numbers here are largely the same as they were on a solid Anaheim team, other than last year's debacle. Nothing astonishing about his numbers - in fact, it's usually easier for goalies to rack up a higher save percentage on teams that give up more shots.

Andersen is a solid workhorse goalie. Nothing special, nothing irreplaceable.
Orher years be gone. We need a career year from him and he can be on his merry way to a nice big contract somewhere else next year. Hopefully he has a cup ring to take with him ha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad