GDT: Pre 5 | Oilers vs. Kings | Vernon, BC | 7:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Much improved. I've railed on him, but he looks much more composed, is taking an extra beat to assess situations and is picking his spots better.

Still needs to work on his breakout pass, but I don't think Nurse will ever be a particular threat offensively.

To me I dont really care if Nurse ever turns into an offensive guy. The only thing I care about him offensively ios break out pass and transition ability. He was good at that in junior and pretty elite at that in WJC. We have enough skill up front to cover the offense and points. Id rather our D move puck to them rather than try and do things themselves.

I just care he can get them puck in stride and to the right guy. If he can do that effectively I dont care if he never rushes the puck.

His reads coming out of zone has looked improved from last year. Great to see improvements there.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
No problem...just my opinion of course. There are some really small thing Nuge brings to the game that typically go unnoticed. I think it's good to look past the points aspect of his game and kinda dig into the minutiae of the detail in some of his work. There's a lot more going on with his game than some may think. It's almost complicated to explain for me. He's just good at hockey.

Sounds like our Horcoff for a new generation.

Which is fine I guess, though I can't help but feel a bit of a letdown considering he was a 1st overall pick.

It's great that he's working so hard to do the little things right, but doing the big things right once in a while wouldn't hurt either. His offensive prowess isn't what it once was, that's for sure.

Still an effective hockey player, don't get me wrong. He's just not providing the offensive pressure that I thought he would, especially with the other teams throwing their toughest defensive players against McDavid these days.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
id like him to start putting the puck in the net. Ive followed him and i see the progress in the full ice game. he has always taken pride in improving and not forgetting his own zone.
Id like some of that old flash back thank you. you are top 6 not a checker. great that you can be solid all over the ice...now lean to offense and let the matchup checkers deal.

As would I. I think he will once he finds a balance between the 2 acts. This applies to your quote as well Digger

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One thing I liked about McDavid last night was he played very aggressively. He was continually attacking and driving the net. He was shooting the puck and flying around everywhere.

That backcheck where he flew back and broke up the pass in front :amazed:.

Our captain looked the best he's looked all preseason, including the World Cup. I know we're used to seeing how special he is, but he was dominant last and I loved his attacking aggression. He played with urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad