WC: Prague/Ostrava 2015 - Your predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
So Hockey people.. I think it might be one of the most exciting WCs in years, and as we're getting closer to the first puck drop, I'm interested in your predictions for the tournament..

Who's going for a medal?

And which teams have to face relegation?

I have the honor to be first:

With the teams confirmed so far, I think Canada is going for gold. Their offense looks scary.

As always Sweden will win a medal too, I bet it's silver this time, and the Czech Republic, playing at home, might me able to win bronze, but could be Finland or Russia aswell..

Sorry USA :sarcasm:

Relegation:

France, Germany, Austria, Belarus and Slovenia are all in the mix in my opinion..

Tough call, depending on who's still to join the teams, and being a little patriotic, I think Austria and Slovenia will go down.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Relegation:

France, Germany, Austria, Belarus and Slovenia are all in the mix in my opinion..

Tough call, depending on who's still to join the teams, and being a little patriotic, I think Austria and Slovenia will go down.
You should definitely include Latvia in the mix. We're going to miss about 50% of our A line-up, which is a huge loss for a small country with limited depth.

Having said that, I'd have to agree with Austria probably being the favorites to drop back to IA. As for the other group, a lot of leading players are missing from the Danish roster as well, so it's probably going to be pretty close in both groups (also considering Kopitar will join Team Slovenia).

ikke

May 5, 2013
Den Haag
Can not give my predictions just yet because the team rosters are not known/ completed.
But for now I wish to see the Czechs with some medal and Slovenia staying in A.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Denmark's situation doesn't look good at all this year. I'd guess that they, along with the Austrians will be relegated and Slovenia manages to stay in the elite division for the first time.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
1. Slovakia
2. Czech Republic
3. Russia

Austria and Denmark will be relegated.

Last edited:

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
If i get it right on the iihf website, the bottom teams of each group will be relegated. There is no relegation anymore or did I understood something wrong?

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I think the good old Canadian boys are going to take this one.

It's been such a long time for them in this tournie!!!!

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Slovenia will have almost identical team this year as it was last year in Sochi. Only one player from that team is injured (D. Rodman), all others are avaliable and it is up to coach to decide, who will be in team in Ostrava. Kopitar confirmation is really huge for our team.

We can certianly be very optimistic regarding our chanches not to relegate.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
predictions not even knowing the rosters yet is kinda a crapshoot...but who I want to win..

I'd love for an all North American final... but that is unlikely...so which teams I'd like to finish in the medals.

Canada
Czech Rep. (home tournament...would make for a more interesting final)
Finland or Sweden for the Bronze

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Cant comment on the rest of the teams but I think Canada will get a medal, not the gold however.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I already love how the team looks, but if Hockey Canada manages to add something big after the first round of NHL playoffs, I like our chances even twice more. I think players like Tavares, Stamkos, or Keith and Brodie would make the gold for Canada an easy task.

master4071

Nov 30, 2011
I want to see Czech Republic vs Finland in gold medal game and Canada vs Sweden in bronze medal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad