PPM #14: Soccer Season 15 Starts Today!

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Making a comeback to powerplaymanger. I used to play this way back in the day. Some people might recognize me, I was the Hamilton Hammers.

Can't wait to get enough manager xp to buy some market players.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Vlady said in the forums that the PPM sports are completed development-wise, and they are now working on other projects. Since games which don't receive continuous updates gradually lose players, I imagine that they're trying to earn as much as they can from the current playerbase since it will only decrease with time.

It's kind of a bummer since I was hoping for some of the updates from basketball to find their way back to other sports (like ticket pricing), but they've got to do what's best for the company :(.

Where was this stated? I don't see anything on this on the forums.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
My back line in soccer is approaching perfection. LB and RB already atty capped. CBs are a week or two away despite only being 25. From there it is just training speed and heading extra (more or less) and gaining exp.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
My back line in soccer is approaching perfection. LB and RB already atty capped. CBs are a week or two away despite only being 25. From there it is just training speed and heading extra (more or less) and gaining exp.

You're not going to train Mid on them? That's what I started training once my LB hit 655 awhile ago.

capsaicin28

Sep 26, 2015
I've looked at HFboards from time to time (mostly to look at horrible trade proposals), but I never noticed the PPM thread before.

I'm capsaicin from PPM (Momentum/Firestorm/Cataclysm/Mutant Atomic Supermen).

So far, my rebuild in soccer is going well. I'm spending about 3,000,000 less per day in costs in addition to the money I made selling players. My team is now in the top 300 in terms of wealth, and I don't plan to make any more expenditures until I can save 2 billion or so. I'll probably sell my current roster again (which has a handful of great players) when players start to approach their mid 20-s.

My hockey team and handball team are mostly coasting.

U18 hockey has made the playoffs in the top division for the 3rd time in 4 seasons in the top division.

I have one of the better basketball teams in the United States with a roster that includes no player over 20. My team has only lost one game in II.1 this season. My OTR was really bad due to spending many seasons as a bad I.1 team but has recovered pretty fast. I plan to exhaust my team to try to fail to relegate to build up my OTR for one more season.

The main reason I'm posting is that an offer has been made to me for my starting center - Kabelsky (http://basketball.powerplaymanager.com/en/player-profile.html?data=1150358-bogdan-kabelsky or navigate to my team in II.1 in the United States). The offer is 160,000,000 which would be pretty good even if this were hockey. Kabelsky has 548 OR today and 33 experience. His qualities are 92-98-65-79-71-92-82. His height is 216 and will probably reach 220. He is already the 13th best player in the U.S. at 18 and is younger than all of the better players - he would be the best in the long run. In my opinion, he will be better than Dubiecha that the Hooligans from Canada are bidding on. He would be a top 18 year old for any U19 national team (he would even probably make the Czech Republic; he's the best from the Ukraine).

My questions are:
1) Is 160,000,000 a good offer? Keep in mind that I have a solid offer which has some value as insurance.
2) Would PPM possibly revoke or reduce a sale of Kabelsky? Kabelsky is pretty much better than anyone I ever see on the market, so it's hard to find comparisons.
3) Would you recommend selling him? 160,000,000 is a lot of money, but Kabelsky is an elite player that I will not be able to replace, in particular a player that is the among the best in the generation that will produce the starters for the better teams for a long time. In exchange for selling him, I could rush my arena to be equal to the best in the United States. I don't really want to bother any more with my sports academy or regeneration facility and prefer upgrading my stadium to upgrading my HR facility past level 11. I'm content to leave my training facility at 12 for now. I might purchase a slightly weaker replacement at center, though I would still have a pretty strong group of young players.

Should i sell him? I have about a day to decide. If I do, I will advertise on the front page and probably even use the advertising mechanism that PPM provides. I suppose I won't be able to post in any forum on PPM about him.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
You're not going to train Mid on them? That's what I started training once my LB hit 655 awhile ago.

Of course I am, but they're still capped out at 655 DEF.

I've looked at HFboards from time to time (mostly to look at horrible trade proposals), but I never noticed the PPM thread before.

I'm capsaicin from PPM (Momentum/Firestorm/Cataclysm/Mutant Atomic Supermen).

So far, my rebuild in soccer is going well. I'm spending about 3,000,000 less per day in costs in addition to the money I made selling players. My team is now in the top 300 in terms of wealth, and I don't plan to make any more expenditures until I can save 2 billion or so. I'll probably sell my current roster again (which has a handful of great players) when players start to approach their mid 20-s.

My hockey team and handball team are mostly coasting.

U18 hockey has made the playoffs in the top division for the 3rd time in 4 seasons in the top division.

I have one of the better basketball teams in the United States with a roster that includes no player over 20. My team has only lost one game in II.1 this season. My OTR was really bad due to spending many seasons as a bad I.1 team but has recovered pretty fast. I plan to exhaust my team to try to fail to relegate to build up my OTR for one more season.

The main reason I'm posting is that an offer has been made to me for my starting center - Kabelsky (http://basketball.powerplaymanager.com/en/player-profile.html?data=1150358-bogdan-kabelsky or navigate to my team in II.1 in the United States). The offer is 160,000,000 which would be pretty good even if this were hockey. Kabelsky has 548 OR today and 33 experience. His qualities are 92-98-65-79-71-92-82. His height is 216 and will probably reach 220. He is already the 13th best player in the U.S. at 18 and is younger than all of the better players - he would be the best in the long run. In my opinion, he will be better than Dubiecha that the Hooligans from Canada are bidding on. He would be a top 18 year old for any U19 national team (he would even probably make the Czech Republic; he's the best from the Ukraine).

My questions are:
1) Is 160,000,000 a good offer? Keep in mind that I have a solid offer which has some value as insurance.
2) Would PPM possibly revoke or reduce a sale of Kabelsky? Kabelsky is pretty much better than anyone I ever see on the market, so it's hard to find comparisons.
3) Would you recommend selling him? 160,000,000 is a lot of money, but Kabelsky is an elite player that I will not be able to replace, in particular a player that is the among the best in the generation that will produce the starters for the better teams for a long time. In exchange for selling him, I could rush my arena to be equal to the best in the United States. I don't really want to bother any more with my sports academy or regeneration facility and prefer upgrading my stadium to upgrading my HR facility past level 11. I'm content to leave my training facility at 12 for now. I might purchase a slightly weaker replacement at center, though I would still have a pretty strong group of young players.

Should i sell him? I have about a day to decide. If I do, I will advertise on the front page and probably even use the advertising mechanism that PPM provides. I suppose I won't be able to post in any forum on PPM about him.

Looks like he is on the market for 175M. I say take the money and run, that's a lot of cash at this point in the game. Buy 3 or 4 good 15yos and start over.

capsaicin28

Sep 26, 2015
Looks like he is on the market for 175M. I say take the money and run, that's a lot of cash at this point in the game. Buy 3 or 4 good 15yos and start over.

You're probably right. It's especially good for basketball and considering what I paid for him as a 340 OR 15 year old draft pick.

I got the extra 15 million for making the deadline sooner, and it seems that the bid is in.

I ultimately decided that even if Kabelsky became the best player in the U.S., he wouldn't be enough alone to make my team a top team, and I can't really afford to sacrifice to buy 1-2 more players like him. Without Kabelsky, I still probably have a borderline I.1 team. On the other hand, the money would help my lagging arena to catch up and maybe pay for a few pretty good upgrades/prospects.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
You're probably right. It's especially good for basketball and considering what I paid for him as a 340 OR 15 year old draft pick.

I got the extra 15 million for making the deadline sooner, and it seems that the bid is in.

I ultimately decided that even if Kabelsky became the best player in the U.S., he wouldn't be enough alone to make my team a top team, and I can't really afford to sacrifice to buy 1-2 more players like him. Without Kabelsky, I still probably have a borderline I.1 team. On the other hand, the money would help my lagging arena to catch up and maybe pay for a few pretty good upgrades/prospects.

I think I'm on track to have a 20k seat arena in two more seasons, so if you want to have the biggest in the US, you'd have to get going quick :P. Of course, finishing the accessories will probably take another season after that.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
This new season in hockey has been very depressing for me.

My A+ player turned out to be 324 OR. With 2x 200 OR sporting directors and SA15 that is horrible, i was hoping ~450 OR. His Q's are also very much meh, 85% for defenceman, and shot-Q 56 :cry:

My top 15 year old from last season dropped to 5/6 at 16. He was my own pull (from draft, arrived on day 1) and i had hoped he would be my first own player to ever have the chance to play in the senior NT in the future. That's not gonna happen! Same thing with my top Slovenian center, who dropped to 5/6 at 16 last season. Pulled one capable player all season long last season and now he's utter trash with no future.

My two other top Slovenian centers both dropped to 5/6 at 17.

And what's the worst, the player i bought for 403M two weeks back dropped to 5/6 at 17 too. I could have got him for 60-70M but some Latvian manager just had to screw me up. He actually isn't that fantastic. Sure 918 OR now but his EQ is 91.3, which is nice but not worth 400M, especially at 17 - 5/6. The top Slovenian 17 year old is 6/6 with 98% EQ and was bought 250M at 15. I remember i wanted to buy him but at that time i already had 6 centers and no wingers yet.

/rant off

Ok, now that i've blown off a little steam... started training 15 in handball today. In 29 days i'll have to start regen 14 and HR 15. Currently have only 100M left in the bank, but i've been planning for this moment since last season as i plan to sell my two top players for cash for upgrades and relegate. My daily expenses are HUGE right now, almost 4.3M. I actully bought two expensive managers with higher skill in scouting just for draft and am selling my cheaper managers. After seeing in hockey i drafted an A+ and his grade didn't change after draft i was super excited and wanted to increase my draft luck. But seeing how that player us super crap i am really regreting this move. :shakehead

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Anyone have a beginner guide? I just started playing like a week or two ago.

I have read the guide on the site about how to play, just wondering if any of you seasoned vets have some additional tips.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Greetings, me as well. How'd you hear about the game?

Well I signed up for it a long time ago, played like one day and forgot about it.

I was in this sub like a week or two ago and saw the thread, decided to give it a shot again. Now I have been playing, not really knowing what i'm doing, and hoping I haven't screwed my team over.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Has anyone tried this free online manager (Game Plan Hockey Manager - http://gameplanhockey.com)? It's really mature for such a new game. Love the interface.

I have a team, yes. It has its pros and cons. It is fun but I have several concerns about it. In truth, I find the interface tedious... so much clicking to get to information that should be more easily accessible. I'm "Piketon Protons" in the 4 games/day LIHL league (1st).

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
For those that are interested, i've calculated that employes for tier-III facilities in handball (Maintenance center, Education center and Medical center) have their salary 50% of what it is in hockey or soccer. It's not 100% certain but i'm confident enough that this is the fact. Just info for those who will calculate maintenance costs in handball to change their formulas for staff salary calculation (don't forget different types of facility expenses as well).

So a 200 OR custodian in hockey would cost 200.000 per day while in handball only 100.000 per day (that is assuming on a team in I.1 league and at least 4 league levels, since with 3 or only 2 league levels their salary is as if in II.x or III.x league.)

Edit:

Also FYI:

Coaches and Managers have same salary as in hockey/soccer
Sporting directors and Physiotherapists have their salary 0.76923 of normal salary (in hockey/soccer or coaches/managers)

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
For those that are interested, i've calculated that employes for tier-III facilities in handball (Maintenance center, Education center and Medical center) have their salary 50% of what it is in hockey or soccer. It's not 100% certain but i'm confident enough that this is the fact. Just info for those who will calculate maintenance costs in handball to change their formulas for staff salary calculation (don't forget different types of facility expenses as well).

So a 200 OR custodian in hockey would cost 200.000 per day while in handball only 100.000 per day (that is assuming on a team in I.1 league and at least 4 league levels, since with 3 or only 2 league levels their salary is as if in II.x or III.x league.)

Edit:

Also FYI:

Coaches and Managers have same salary as in hockey/soccer
Sporting directors and Physiotherapists have their salary 0.76923 of normal salary (in hockey/soccer or coaches/managers)

Interesting. I never looked into their salaries, just assumed they were the same. Thanks!

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
So... few days back i put two of my top handball players on the market. Both over 1000 OR, 19 & 20 year old (deadline Wednesday). The plan has been for a while that with the money i'd get from them i would upgrade regen to 14 and HR to 15. Now while i do belive i'll get enough money for both upgrades (currently have over 170M saved up), the last few days i've been wondering how smart (a.k.a stupid) would actually be upgrading HR to 15.

Almost 200M upgrade + quite bigger expenses (which are today already about 4.4M, by the time upgrades would finish and better staff+players i expect ~5M in about one season-ish) versus increased money from sponsorship + better scouting (draft). Since i'll be demoting i expect lower offers this season i wonder how long it would actually take for upgrade to start paying off. Next season i plan to buy some good young players to start training for the future (best 17-year olds are reaching 1000 OR in few days already, need to get in on that action), so maybe it would be smart to save some cash for that and delay upgrading to HR-15 for several seasons (same with regen-15, likely won't upgrade that for quite some time).

What are your thoughts? Upgrade HR to 15 and benefit from better sponsorship offers and faster and better scouting (draft) or save and buy some quality young players next season?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
So... few days back i put two of my top handball players on the market. Both over 1000 OR, 19 & 20 year old (deadline Wednesday). The plan has been for a while that with the money i'd get from them i would upgrade regen to 14 and HR to 15. Now while i do belive i'll get enough money for both upgrades (currently have over 170M saved up), the last few days i've been wondering how smart (a.k.a stupid) would actually be upgrading HR to 15.

Almost 200M upgrade + quite bigger expenses (which are today already about 4.4M, by the time upgrades would finish and better staff+players i expect ~5M in about one season-ish) versus increased money from sponsorship + better scouting (draft). Since i'll be demoting i expect lower offers this season i wonder how long it would actually take for upgrade to start paying off. Next season i plan to buy some good young players to start training for the future (best 17-year olds are reaching 1000 OR in few days already, need to get in on that action), so maybe it would be smart to save some cash for that and delay upgrading to HR-15 for several seasons (same with regen-15, likely won't upgrade that for quite some time).

What are your thoughts? Upgrade HR to 15 and benefit from better sponsorship offers and faster and better scouting (draft) or save and buy some quality young players next season?

General rule is upgrading from level n to n+1 gives a (n+1)% boost compared to level n. So you're paying 200M to get a 15% bump in performance out of your HR facility.

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011

This has caused me to hesitate on the Level 14 and 15 facilities as well. For that much money, it would easily take you 4-5 seasons to reach breakeven on that investment in HR. And that's really without considering opportunity cost - what ELSE could you do with $200MM to improve your team over the next 4-5 seasons.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Outside of occasionally making a splashy player purchase in hockey, my teams have been on auto-pilot for a bit. Whoops.

Hockey- I nearly have three full lines of long-term players, as well as a goalie. The future's looking bright, and the present isn't too bad either considering how long I've been sitting near the top of the standings. If things continue this way, I may be playing for promotion to Division I next season. I'm enjoying my roster. Canucks- you may recognize one of my top line wingers. He passed through your system a few seasons back.

Soccer- My team's doing... something. Still not sure why I haven't revoked the team. Sitting in third place like clockwork while I do absolutely nothing but upgrade facilities and the stadium, and agree to pay out the $0 signing bonus for free agents. Literally nothing else but that.

Basketball- A player that started the season at 203 cm as my backup SF is now sitting at 209 cm, good for an average PF or short C. I've been looking to replace my Cs. Fortunately I think I've seen players grow past 18, so if he continues to grow next season when he turns 19, I may have my new C. This would be awesome news since he has good Qs for the position, but I wish I had noticed the growth earlier to modify the training sooner. Either way I'll transition him to C and if he doesn't grow, he's still in the acceptable range but he'll just be slightly shorter than other starters. This was good news to soften the blow of my starting PG and only national team player being injured for the remainder of the season (and only getting 2 of 10 days for the training camp time as a result). Also I'll be demoting back to Division II, so I'll be above .500 again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad