PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I rolled in game 1 34-20:yo:

Interesting to do that with my Backs against a 4-2 defense. That was my weak spot earlier in the season. I guess having the 3 best players in the league as my backs is enough to overcome that disadvantage:naughty:

I had strongly considered switching to a 3-4-3 for our match. This week has been very busy for me, so I didn't get around to doing so. Bragg has finally hit his rhythm and is now on pace to score more goals than last season. It was nice to avenge my team's last loss (in any type of match).

My goal with the original plan was to burn a bit of your energy while saving mine by using backups. And I figured you would win 5 or 6-0 which would help close the gap with FC Corona.

I just couldn't do it. I had to put some effort into it. Even if it was a half-assed formation:innocent:

Taipaddy1

Aug 30, 2013
Hey guys

I'm relatively new to ppm hockey and I have read a lot on it. My question is about game importance in away games. I thought I read somewhere that playing a higher game importance actually doesn't benefit much on the road. The teams I'm competing with are all using high or very high importance in close games and I am hesitant to match them because of energy loss. Especially on the road. Is it better to just use normal in close games on the road and try to beat them tactically? My team is the Typhoons. Thanks in advance

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
I use it when I play against teams near me in the standings or if the team is close in strength. Teams I can beat or teams that can beat me... I save energy. So use it wisely to beat the teams around you. Then when the playoffs hit. Go all out on the first round. As it is better to lose the second round than the first.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Got a 4* pull today. Kicker was he is 6/6 and ~450 OR. The crazy part is he is nearly 100 prime and all secondaries are over 70.

I know... nucking futs!

Very nice! :handclap:

Won a surprisingly lopsided road game and now I'm on my way to the finals! The top team in my league forgot to switch from VL to VH in 1st game and lost the 2nd game on the road (both by 1 goal, first game in OT), so now I'll play 4th seeded team in my league in final and will start as a home team.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Worse league loss in soccer history for me... 4-0 on the road. Playing L/L to his VL/VL. Shots weren't even close. I wonder if it is because my best player (CB - Borden) was suspended.

Handball: Got the win at home in game 2. Godot (the former world #1) got swept so if I win game 3 I should have a good shot at taking the II.3 title. Even if I lose the final I suspect I will beat the I.1 bottom team I face. It all comes down to one game... which I figure my odds of winning are 10%.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Do you know what's really expensive? Great hockey coaches. My two coaches are retiring this season. I've been trying to replace them for a while. Looking for someone around 100/100, but it doesn't even have to be that close. Those guys are going for around 10M:amazed:

I'd have to spend 1/4 of my money to get two of them:cry:

I'm gonna cheap out. As usual.

Won a surprisingly lopsided road game and now I'm on my way to the finals!

Ditto:yo: Close game for the first 18-19 minutes, then the EIC scored 10 straight. Ended up out-scoring them 20-5 during the middle 20.

Remember when I was getting shutdown when my opponents played a 4-2 defense vs my Backs? That doesn't seem to happen as often when your backs are the top 3 players in the entire league:D

Up next is the Kalamazoo Wings. That's the team I stole the regular season trophy from on the last day of the season. I love that he has a shot at revenge:nod:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Anyone interested in Alex Carey [soccer player=18084706]

Age 15
CL perfect (6/6)
PrS Right
Exp 0
Che 3%
Ene 100/100
Pos Defender
OR 372 82%

Goa 27 71
Def 65 90
Mid 31 77
Off 29 78
Sho 38 86
Pas 38 77
Tec 57 98
Spe 52 95
Hea 35 65

I'm hoping to get $25M for him. Is that realistic?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Key game in hockey, I'm 9th playing the 7th team at home. I'm a 175-187 OTS underdog. I win tactics and outshoot them 33-16, lose the game 2-3.

Are you kidding me!? 81.25 Sv%???

Can't wait to sell my starter after UFA in ~50 days. I hate that guy!

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Won my series in three games, so I have to play the Orlando Generals in the finals! Trying to decide if I should go for the win, or save energy for the promotion round. Though I think the I.1 teams are weak enough to beat anyway. . . Hmm.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Lost in game 3. Bronze series I go. Ah well, I really turned it on in the second half of the season. I learned a few things *and* will be better come next season's playoffs because of it. Let's hope I can make the NC final-4 at least and make up ground on my one-win-and-out performance in season 1.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Camrawrn it will be a good series. I think we will both advance to I.1 no matter the outcome. I was hoping you would lose :) Your team now is easily top 10 teams in USA. You should get in some credit tournaments to go against the top teams around the world. As you will do really well. I think we will both push far in the USA NC next season as well. Also can you sit a few players... :) Save em for the promotion :D :p:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Camrawrn it will be a good series. I think we will both advance to I.1 no matter the outcome. I was hoping you would lose :) Your team now is easily top 10 teams in USA. You should get in some credit tournaments to go against the top teams around the world. As you will do really well. I think we will both push far in the USA NC next season as well. Also can you sit a few players... :) Save em for the promotion :D :p:

Ahahahaha. . . no. I'm going to do everything I can to promote. With Baltic's insane team, Covington's well rounded team, and Tujague's team likely coming up, I need to get out of here as soon as I can. Our league will be extremely difficult next season.

I'm excited for next season. I'm hoping to get at least one more good pull in the next few weeks, plus some good depth players. I might purchase a high AQ player or two to keep around long term, but other than that, it'll be a facility season for me. Hopefully I can have another successful season and get to the final four at least in the National Cup. I'm sure you'll be right there with me, though. :D

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Baltic will not get as good sponsors next season due to 183 OTR and most likely finishing 6th in the playoff's ( he is running a camp with half his best players ). His tailspin really hurt him and this was when he picked up/drafted all the players. Mismanagement by him really hurt him. Plus we will catch up with players. I have 1 more player above 170. I think next season it will be between the Rowdies, Miners , Flips and Tujague's team.

Baltic finishes between 6th and 10th. Squirrels will move up to the playoffs and you still have the Locos and Aggies to worry about.

Then add in Tossers, sockeyes and I believe Wings and Whites

It will be a tough division.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Hmm. . . Honestly didn't expect you to play on Very Low. Whatevs, I'll take it!

What makes Baltic scary is how he plays the market. He somehow sells his players for a high price. So far, he's been mostly upgrading facilities, but if he starts buying players, he'll be a pretty good team.

But it may have just been luck from his Sports Academy. I dunno, I have to admit I never paid attention to his team until just before playoffs. :D

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Hmm. . . Honestly didn't expect you to play on Very Low. Whatevs, I'll take it!

What makes Baltic scary is how he plays the market. He somehow sells his players for a high price. So far, he's been mostly upgrading facilities, but if he starts buying players, he'll be a pretty good team.

But it may have just been luck from his Sports Academy. I dunno, I have to admit I never paid attention to his team until just before playoffs. :D

Post I put on usa bugs

Last night I set up my final game to use a set system I have. I saved it and verified it , yet some how it did not take and it cost me the first game of the final. It did not take the exception. The only thing I noticed that was different was on the next match area the match area was blank so I do not know if it can be duplicated. From what I remember is that I went in and changed the tactics for that game. ( http://handball.powerplaymanager.com/en/select-line-up-and-tactics.html?data=20130927374-nm) around 10PM Eastern Time This was right around when the match was generated in the calender. Then saved that change and viewed it on the match screen it was empty. So I did it again and it was still empty but the tourney game was there so I just assumed it was all good. I did not think of verifying today that the settings were correct as I usually wait to plan the following days games just before I go to sleep.

Hopefully you can duplicate this one so it does not happen down the road. Anyways. Great game hand ball.. Hopefully I can take game 2 and 3.

I forgot to add that the tactics that I had changed to showed up in that section of the next match.

Last edited:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
That sucks. That sucks bad. Even if I win the series, there will be an asterisk next to it. And if you comeback and win the series, I would have wasted energy. Meh. I'll take the win, buuuuut I would have preferred winning a legit match. Ah well.

In other news, I got my first coach today!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Hey guys, I know it's a bit early, but I had to make a new topic this morning. GO THERE!

Can someone ask a mod to sticky this one and lock and sticky the old one? I'm in a bit of a hurry. Provide links to both topics to make it easier on the Mod:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad