PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Lost 1-0 today in the NC due to a 3rd period PPG. Shots 32-16 for me. I was planning on devising my energy strategy after this game. Guess that is no longer necessary.

:shakehead

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
I lost 4-2, so now I no longer have that to worry about and I can start camps as well. :) 29 year olds need some rest. :)

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
You guys lost some games, I might be losing my Helper tag. And maybe my teams, too. Who knows?

EDIT: Now lubosko and Temlis are involved! Two GMS!

Thanks for the advice, canucks:laugh:

Last edited:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Wait, what now? o_O

I've bought players from teams in the past who were going to lose their teams because they were in debt for 21 days. I was getting ready to do it again, but the player I'd buy would be awful and obviously an over-payment. I asked canucks what the policy was for this. He said ask a GM. I did. Like an idiot. Now they're questioning me, my transfers, talking about doing something to the teams I helped, removing my Helper tag, and whatever else.

I asked lubosko, he said he'd talk to vlady, then sent Temlis to talk to me. That's a pretty damn good day.

maybe I shouldn't be posting this?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I've bought players from teams in the past who were going to lose their teams because they were in debt for 21 days. I was getting ready to do it again, but the player I'd buy would be awful and obviously an over-payment. I asked canucks what the policy was for this. He said ask a GM. I did. Like an idiot. Now they're questioning me, my transfers, talking about doing something to the teams I helped, removing my Helper tag, and whatever else.

I asked lubosko, he said he'd talk to vlady, then sent Temlis to talk to me. That's a pretty damn good day.

HF Boards isn't PPM jurisdiction. As I said in a PPM message to you, let me know if they do something radical. I have your back. You were give a few teams an out from bankruptcy and one of them has had a ProPack for 7 years. Besides, if they're going to go back and look at the transfers the bigger issue is why weren't they caught the first time? I mean, if they didn't catch them then perhaps the bids weren't that outrageous.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
B4e...

I will edit this post once I have your feedback. How do I speed up time on this source code? I changed the "MatchTime" to 3600 but the formatting looks like crap and the score isn't visible.

Code:
          var match_end = 3600; 
          [B]MatchTime = -3302;[/B]
          MatchLive = 1;               

DoMatch();

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
HF Boards isn't PPM jurisdiction. As I said in a PPM message to you, let me know if they do something radical. I have your back. You were give a few teams an out from bankruptcy and one of them has had a ProPack for 7 years. Besides, if they're going to go back and look at the transfers the bigger issue is why weren't they caught the first time? I mean, if they didn't catch them then perhaps the bids weren't that outrageous.

I'll post these here so everyone knows what's going on. In addition to scheduling friendlies with these guys (and getting other managers to do the same -redcard & Leggmann among others), I also bought one player for 5M when he was 15yo. Two months later, after his finances were in order, the guy I helped asked to buy him back. I put him on the market for 1M, but he bid 5M anyway.

The other player I helped only needed me to buy two players. Each cost 1M. I fired them a few days later because they were truly awful.

I think the Iraqi who started all of this will lose his team without further help.

The American who just asked for help this morning might be in trouble as well. He only has 10 days left, but I don't know his finances yet.

-----
I think everything is okay now. After I explained everything, and I volunteered all info (with links), I think they realize that I was only doing enough to help them save their teams. It wasn't like I was giving these guys 10s of millions of dollars. On top of that, the guys I've helped have been ProPackers since I saved them.

Also, I think this last guy being an Iraqi probably helped as well. If they were all from the US, they might have made a bit of a stink. Like I was helping friends or something. But the fact that I was willing to do the same thing to help a foreigner (more actually, he never could have paid me back the 5M I was willing to spend) had to be a mark in my favor.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
The American who just asked for help this morning might be in trouble as well. He only has 10 days left, but I don't know his finances yet.

I've asked them to put restrictions on staff for new managers. Also, that one manager should walk away from his team... starting from scratch, given he's demolished everything, is a WAY better option for the long-term success of his franchise.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I've asked them to put restrictions on staff for new managers. Also, that one manager should walk away from his team... starting from scratch, given he's demolished everything, is a WAY better option for the long-term success of his franchise.

I agree, but he's only 13 years old and really attached to his team for some reason. I can't understand all of his translated comments, but I feel like he's on the verge of tears when he talks about saving his team, his players and his 24 experience.

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
Bulls - As a coincidental return of the favor from earlier in the season, I'll be in camp for our 3rd place series. You can win the bronze in a walk.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Tujague, they should look into your match-fixing as well. Three red cards for my team in our game today, and at my stadium even?!? Something ain't right there...:madfire: :huh::razz::biglaugh:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

Well that's silly. Though there is a bit of humor in them (possibly) taking away your helper tag for helping teams stay alive...

I'm with Canucks. If they do something radical, I got your back. Not that I'm important at all. But we could go start our own league! With blackjack and hookers!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I'm with Canucks. If they do something radical, I got your back. Not that I'm important at all. But we could go start our own league! With blackjack and hookers!

Now we're talking!!! Oh the myriad of ideas I'd have for a sports sim game of our own...

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Well that's silly. Though there is a bit of humor in them (possibly) taking away your helper tag for helping teams stay alive...

Children its Hookers and blow....

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Tujague, they should look into your match-fixing as well. Three red cards for my team in our game today, and at my stadium even?!? Something ain't right there...:madfire: :huh::razz::biglaugh:

He has to beat you. That way he can crap the bed against me like he normally does, you can crush me like you normally do, and all will be right with the world.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
NICE :)

I love trophies :)

but still does not mean im going to win the series. I remember season 1 team USA lost his 1st and 2nd goalie for the finals and still managed to beat me.

BTW, why did you do this before a match against Mojo when you had a great shot at making the finals?

If Tubbs sells for more than 70M I will very likely buy 2 NT quality players and put facilities/arena on hold. At 70M, so far, Id have 200M to play with at start of the season :)

Bulls - As a coincidental return of the favor from earlier in the season, I'll be in camp for our 3rd place series. You can win the bronze in a walk.

Last edited:

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
put in some salary restrictions. something that would not allow then to hire more than 40% of their income or so.

do this till the manager reaches 51 days

the biggest issue is that after the manager makes the mistake he cant even try to sell the staff as he has to wait for 50 days. it is almost 2 months of struggles!!!!!

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
i dont change the Matchtime

between MatchLive and DoMatch ADD the following

SimulateMatch(10); ShowTime();

10 = seconds. you can go at as many as the match_end shows.
you wont be able to fast forward. if you want to do so, just change the value on SimulateMatch save and refresh.

and u need to wait till the page shows the goalies before editing the source code

B4e...

I will edit this post once I have your feedback. How do I speed up time on this source code? I changed the "MatchTime" to 3600 but the formatting looks like crap and the score isn't visible.

Code:
          var match_end = 3600; 
          [B]MatchTime = -3302;[/B]
          MatchLive = 1;               

DoMatch();

Last edited:

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
put in some salary restrictions. something that would not allow then to hire more than 40% of their income or so.

do this till the manager reaches 51 days

the biggest issue is that after the manager makes the mistake he cant even try to sell the staff as he has to wait for 50 days. it is almost 2 months of struggles!!!!!

I actually ran into this very problem when I started. They had no restrictions on buying staff and no warning about how high the salary would be comparative to my income. I had to take out a loan to be able to afford to fire the 2 staff members. I recovered, but that was a waste of nearly $7 million while I was developing. I know other managers who did the same thing too. They definitely need to restrict the purchase of staff members for awhile when you're starting.

On another note, would it appear completely self-serving if I switched the US NT arena from the vacant Vectordome (home of the Irresistible Force) to my arena that will be 100% complete on Saturday? Seriously, I think our boys are sick of cleaning the cobwebs off of things they leave in the locker room during the week.

Last edited:

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
200M very nice. I can see you looking at NT player level as next year I see you fighting it out for a playoff spot now with Tubbs gone and your current team.

I will have 25M to play with at the start of the season. Already have it spent... well I have the next 3 seasons already mapped out. I am sticking with the team I have now and what ever the SA/Draft brings.

Out of the teams coming up I think Megees should beat Baltic and then baltic loses to Hanover. Hanover should be top 5 team next season. I would rather have Baltic than Hanover in I.1.

Okra/San Crispino will struggle in I.1 and the loser should lose to repairman if the energy is not too bad.

Beer and Badel should both come up as well and struggle.

So I figure I will be back fighting it out for 8th spot again which is not good for me. Either way next year with the energy levels will make for a very interesting season as a good losing streak on N/N to N/H will make for some desperate times.

I think the top 6 will be Mojo, Megees, Hanover, Salt Lake, Covington and Erratic. The rest of us will battle it out for the last two 2 spots. Mind you the difference between the 6-14 spot is not that great. So barring a major collapse or some very good early season market moves its going to be a royal slugfest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad