Pouliot KOs Krejci

Analyzer*

Pouliot's 2nd career fight. I'm sure Pouliot would have preferred to not do this, but Krejci wouldn't **** off. I'm surprised Pools even won, but he knocked Krejci the **** out.

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
Pouliot's 2nd career fight. I'm sure Pouliot would have preferred to not do this, but Krejci wouldn't **** off. I'm surprised Pools even won, but he knocked Krejci the **** out.

LOL. KO?? Krejci skated right off, and 2 things:

1) PK started this and b*tched out to every bruin on the ice.
2) Pouliot fighting krejci caused 4 of his teammates to get beat on minutes later..

love it.

Analyzer*

2) Pouliot fighting krejci caused 4 of his teammates to get beat on minutes later..

love it.

You Bruins fans obsessed with PK ? Seriously. Everything that happens is a result of PK.

Maybe if Marchand hadn't ducked when PK went to kill him, Pouliot wouldn't have had to punch Krejci. Derp.

Simoneau

Oct 28, 2010
Rhode Island
You Bruins fans obsessed with PK ? Seriously. Everything that happens is a result of PK.

Maybe if Marchand hadn't ducked when PK went to kill him, Pouliot wouldn't have had to punch Krejci. Derp.

PK just runs his mouth and skates away and the ref's jump in. He pulled a Steve Ott and took the 10 minute misconduct so he wouldn't get his face bashed in.

And the second part of your post doesn't even make any sense. At all.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

The goal lights and the clock were not working right at the start of the third. 'Cos of PK.

Seriously though you look at this fight and the Habs player clearly backs off when the Bruin goes down. Minutes later you see a Bruin throw like six unanswered blows with his elbow protector to a Hab and a Bruin punching a Hab who is on his knees on the ice. Boston has some sort of bloodlust, it's like NASCAR fans secretly hoping to see a crash. I can accept fights, but mahn that's not hockey...

MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

On the ice and standing aren't the same thing. The quicker you get that memo Habs fans, the better. You all act like your team of ladies were all on the ice turtling. They were ON THEIR FEET covering up. FAIR GAME. You guys really need to learn about fighting one day.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

The goal lights and the clock were not working right at the start of the third. 'Cos of PK.

Seriously though you look at this fight and the Habs player clearly backs off when the Bruin goes down. Minutes later you see a Bruin throw like six unanswered blows with his elbow protector to a Hab and a Bruin punching a Hab who is on his knees on the ice. Boston has some sort of bloodlust, it's like NASCAR fans secretly hoping to see a crash. I can accept fights, but mahn that's not hockey...

That's funny considering pretty much everyone around has said it was the best HOCKEY game they've seen all season.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
what i wanna see is the video of PK subban's fight..Oh wait. he was to B***** Made to go..

You know, with all the yappin habby fans made about a 1st line scorer not fighting a goon, you guys are sure making alot of excuses for PK.

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
Clearly Krejci lost and lost decisively. He left the fight bloodied, but Ko'd? Seriously? Do people even know what a knockout is? Kane vs Cooke is a KO. This isn't a KO.

dfk711*

On the ice and standing aren't the same thing. The quicker you get that memo Habs fans, the better. You all act like your team of ladies were all on the ice turtling. They were ON THEIR FEET covering up. FAIR GAME. You guys really need to learn about fighting one day.

So a woman beat up Krejci?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Solid bomb thrown by Pouliot, and just an awesome game in general. As a neutral fan I gotta say that this is easily one of the best rivalries in the NHL.

Stradale

Sep 6, 2006
Aw.. Pouliot hurt the Bruins fans' feeling.

Ok, Krejci wasn't KO'd happy now?

He got Dipietro'd.

AHockeyGameBrokeOut*

I would call this a TKO, it got stopped. Krejci could no longer continue.

Lucic and PK were tossed because of the events of this exchange.

I've heard from various sources and websites a mixed set of opinions on this game - everything from 'best ever' to 'ridiculous and unwatchable'. The main pros were 'lots of action, lots of goals, great rivalry' and the main cons I heard were 'too many goals, players didn't look like they were into the game, too many distractions'.

Personally, I would call it an eventful game but not 'best ever' material. Maybe a 'best of the season' candidate, but I've seen some really good games this season.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
ko = knockout as in unconscious as in not this fight

Can this be ****ing stickied so people around here understand that?

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
My immediate thoughts, not trying to stir anything. Of course some people will automatically take the offensive because of the team I'm a fan of.

Price vs. Thomas: We all know what this really was. Nothing. Price could've hit Thomas when he was down, but didn't for two reasons: 1) that would be incredibly stupid 2) they didn't really have a reason to fight each other like that.

Pouliot vs. Krejci: Krejci pulled Pouliot out of the scrum and initiated a fight in the heat of the moment. Pouliot accepted and they squared off. Pouliot then proceeds to knock down in one punch and has the opportunity to keep punching Krejci but doesn't because: that would be incredibly stupid. Neither player is a fighter. They both have the same amount of career fights, in fact.

The major issue: People are saying that the Bruins players were pounding on the Habs players when they were down. False, the Habs players were still on their feet. HOWEVER, it was obvious that the Habs players had forfeited themselves from the fight by ducking and covering their faces, or "turtling" as some fans like to call it. Even with this, the Bruins players still kept punching away. That is where the issue is. It doesn't matter that the Habs players were still technically standing, they were out of the fight. The fight was over. When that happens, usually the winner just holds the opposing player down. Instead of coming out like heroes, they come out like a bunch of high school bullies. That's not what a fight is. If the tables were reversed, I know EXTREMELY unlikely, but even still if it were the Habs beating on Bruins players who had clearly given up, I wouldn't like it one bit.

And finally..

The Subban/Horton/Lucic Situation: Right before the Pouliot fight, what is going on here? Why does Horton shove Subban in the back? This is the only thing I'm unclear of. Obviously the teams don't like each other, but at this point in the game that seemed utterly pointless. Now, to answer why Subban did not fight Lucic, I can ask anyone this question: would you fight Lucic? Why would anyone fight someone they would surely lose against? The same reason why Lucic didn't fight Laraque. The reason Lucic didn't fight Laraque wasn't because Lucic is a pansy, because he's clearly not, the reason is because he knows he would undoubtedly lose that fight. Subban is not a fighter, so why should he fight?

Some people have this insane bloodlust that they think everything should be FIGHTINGFIGHTINGFIGHTING. They say if you don't FIGHTFIGHTFIGHT you're a cowardly POS. Sometimes fighting is necessary, but sometimes keeping your cool is, too. Players and fans need to get that through their heads. It's disgustingly primative.

USA USA USA Chant: The Habs are a Canadian team, the Bruins are an American team. Case closed. It's a fast, easy chant that fits well. It wouldn't make sense if it were Rangers vs. Bruins. It's like the Habs booing the American anthem some years back: it wasn't because of politics, it was because the American anthem was something that related to the Bruins because they're an American team. Nothing more. Now, I didn't condone the booing, but I still see that as the reason.

I hope I don't look like an idiot when I read this over tomorrow morning.

Pandemic

Apr 9, 2009
Vancouver. BC
My immediate thoughts, not trying to stir anything. Of course some people will automatically take the offensive because of the team I'm a fan of.

Price vs. Thomas: We all know what this really was. Nothing. Price could've hit Thomas when he was down, but didn't for two reasons: 1) that would be incredibly stupid 2) they didn't really have a reason to fight each other like that.

Pouliot vs. Krejci: Krejci pulled Pouliot out of the scrum and initiated a fight in the heat of the moment. Pouliot accepted and they squared off. Pouliot then proceeds to knock down in one punch and has the opportunity to keep punching Krejci but doesn't because: that would be incredibly stupid. Neither player is a fighter. They both have the same amount of career fights, in fact.

The major issue: People are saying that the Bruins players were pounding on the Habs players when they were down. False, the Habs players were still on their feet. HOWEVER, it was obvious that the Habs players had forfeited themselves from the fight by ducking and covering their faces, or "turtling" as some fans like to call it. Even with this, the Bruins players still kept punching away. That is where the issue is. It doesn't matter that the Habs players were still technically standing, they were out of the fight. The fight was over. When that happens, usually the winner just holds the opposing player down. Instead of coming out like heroes, they come out like a bunch of high school bullies. That's not what a fight is. If the tables were reversed, I know EXTREMELY unlikely, but even still if it were the Habs beating on Bruins players who had clearly given up, I wouldn't like it one bit.

And finally..

The Subban/Horton/Lucic Situation: Right before the Pouliot fight, what is going on here? Why does Horton shove Subban in the back? This is the only thing I'm unclear of. Obviously the teams don't like each other, but at this point in the game that seemed utterly pointless. Now, to answer why Subban did not fight Lucic, I can ask anyone this question: would you fight Lucic? Why would anyone fight someone they would surely lose against? The same reason why Lucic didn't fight Laraque. The reason Lucic didn't fight Laraque wasn't because Lucic is a pansy, because he's clearly not, the reason is because he knows he would undoubtedly lose that fight. Subban is not a fighter, so why should he fight?

Some people have this insane bloodlust that they think everything should be FIGHTINGFIGHTINGFIGHTING. They say if you don't FIGHTFIGHTFIGHT you're a cowardly POS. Sometimes fighting is necessary, but sometimes keeping your cool is, too. Players and fans need to get that through their heads. It's disgustingly primative.

USA USA USA Chant: The Habs are a Canadian team, the Bruins are an American team. Case closed. It's a fast, easy chant that fits well. It wouldn't make sense if it were Rangers vs. Bruins. It's like the Habs booing the American anthem some years back: it wasn't because of politics, it was because the American anthem was something that related to the Bruins because they're an American team. Nothing more. Now, I didn't condone the booing, but I still see that as the reason.

I hope I don't look like an idiot when I read this over tomorrow morning.

This makes too much sense for someone on HFboards to say. Nice post.

KristoLeblanc*

love it.

Take off your homer glasses for one minute.

Subban was ready to fight Horton. He throw his glove off but that gorilla named Lucy start jumping in the pack like a crazy spastic Pejorative Slur.

Watch the replay, two times if you are too slow, even the slow-mo replay, Horton and Subban jab at each other, PK and Horton drop the glove and a freak show jump in and try to demolish everything that move.

And BTW, he didn't start this, Horton did the cross check first.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Clearly Krejci lost and lost decisively. He left the fight bloodied, but Ko'd? Seriously? Do people even know what a knockout is? Kane vs Cooke is a KO. This isn't a KO.
How isn't it? Krejci is out cold when he drops...thats why his knees buckled and he went down. He was up before he went back down.

KO doesn't mean you're out cold on the ice for 45 minutes. I've been punched so hard I am out cold and drop, but by the time I hit the ice I'm awake again. You ask Krejci and I guarantee he tells you Pouliot knocked him out.

4ORRTHEBEST

Dec 3, 2008
NH
Encroyable!

How is it that DFK happened to feature the ONE fight Montreal managed to win last night?

I get your point, do you get mine?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3