Potential first look at NHL 22

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I like how they tout it as new and yet in what they showed I count no less than 3 of the same goals go in that have since like 15. Groovy

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Is it just me or the do the graphics look really bad. The ice looks insanely saturated which almost gives it a pixelated look.
Look at the snippet of gameplay at 2:40....That looks really bad.

Reactions: Realgud and filip85

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The thing is they didn't show enough of gameplay so that I can judge. I do hope they will release like one period of 5 min of gameplay only.

Yes agreed.
The closest thing to uncut game play was that breakaway by Meir that gave me a slight bit of hope for this years title

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
What a pile of steaming dogshit. The players have eye movement! The glass shines when you look at is 2 centimeters away!

And what is this Superstar X-Factor thing? Every star player has some kind of magical superskill that you decide before the game? And when you play online against a stacked team every single player of that team has some kind of superpower? What the f*** is this? Yeah I get it, they are catering to younger casual audience but this is embarrasing even in EA's standards.

NZ Hockey

Mar 10, 2021
Still a bit early to fully judge but already looks like more of the same garbage. A few minor graphical features that add virtually nothing to the game. And some dumb add in (X-Factors) that continues to push the idea that hockey is a superstar arcade game, won by individuals with their sweet one-on-one moves ... rather than a team game with integrity, won by players supporting each other as a unit and playing actual 5-on-5 hockey.

Watching EA make this game every year is like watching what the NHL could have become if FOX robots and glow-pucks had continued to be the primary focus. Just all gimmicks and no real hockey.

I posted a massive list of ideas on the wishlist thread saying "if they give me a fifth of this I'll be happy" but it looks like I'm getting .1% of that list so far. I won't be buying, and I've been buying since NHLPA'93. Time to vote with my wallet. I'll get a look at the release but my expectations are that I won't be participating in this.

NHL - balls in your court (pucks in your rink?) - partner with a different company or you continue to waste an opportunity to promote your game and earn my hard-earned cash.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Gameplay trailer has more animated scenes over gameplay in the video… classic ea

the improved stick animations seem to be a huge improvement though

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
What a pile of steaming dogshit. The players have eye movement! The glass shines when you look at is 2 centimeters away!

And what is this Superstar X-Factor thing? Every star player has some kind of magical superskill that you decide before the game? And when you play online against a stacked team every single player of that team has some kind of superpower? What the f*** is this? Yeah I get it, they are catering to younger casual audience but this is embarrasing even in EA's standards.

The funny thing is, no one cares about this when they are playing. Sure it may look cool for replays but its so minor that it shouldn't be featured in their first trailer.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
NHL - balls in your court (pucks in your rink?) - partner with a different company or you continue to waste an opportunity to promote your game and earn my hard-earned cash.

Everyone and their grandmas have know for years that EA doesn't give a single f*** about making the game even a bit realistic. They make what sells. And that is arcade gaming with micro transactions.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
But would it be as bad if there were two competing games?
I'm not sure that it actually would.

Fifa isn't exactly in a great place even though they have a solid competitor.

I've played the past four 2k basketball games quite a bit and they're riddled with their own problems. All sorts of server issues/lag problems, in-game glitches, save file corruption problems, broken gameplay mechanics, and I'm sure there's more that I'm missing.

On top of all the issues it's monetized like it's a f2p game... The build system 2k uses for park/pro-am/rec is one of the biggest scams in all of gaming. You basically have to drop $50 on VC to upgrade your player to usable level if you don't want to get steamrolled online. That's $50 for each build you want to make too. So if you want a guard and a big man then you're looking at $100... Did you mess up something on your build that you want to edit like your height or weight? Well you're shit out of luck and have to make a brand new build from scratch. You can literally wake up one day and load up the game just to find out your build that you dropped money into has been nerfed too lol...

The guy running the show over there (Strauss Zelnick) is one of the biggest scumbags in the videogame industry whose only goal is to monetize their properties to the max they can. They've honestly probably just looked at the numbers NHL does and figure it's not worth their time.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad