Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
upload_2021-8-16_21-12-29.png

Reactions: Sevendust

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Watch the X Factor symbols be wildly close and everything lol. I still have a One so I don't believe I'll even be eligible to play with the new engine. I really only play a couple of games, so I'm not sure upgrading is a priority to me on console.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Frostbite causes annoying physics issues with FIFA so I don’t know how it’ll be with NHL. I don’t think the engine was designed for sports games.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
I would argue that Nhl 21 is the worst sports game, it’s just so stale, i can’t imagine it getting worse.
Me: *has flashbacks to the last time EA had to make NHL on a new engine*

The dude that won the biggest madden tournament of the year ran literally every single play and used a punter at QB because there's a glitch that lets punters hand off faster lol... Madden has actually received a lot of backlash the past few years for their releases compared to NHL.

That being said, I wouldn't say any sports games are in a great place right now really.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Frostbite causes annoying physics issues with FIFA so I don’t know how it’ll be with NHL. I don’t think the engine was designed for sports games.
Such as? I haven’t really played fifa much

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Not a good sign that they're copying stuff from the worst sports game lol...
It’s going to be interesting to see what activates the X factor, how long it stays on for, what breaks it etc or if it’s just a permanent factor

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Such as? I haven’t really played fifa much
Just weird player - ball interactions and weird player-player interactions sometimes, as well as things like body type affecting acceleration and speed more than the actual attributes because of how the engine calculates momentum and motion.

Frostbite is designed more for other types of games I think. Games like FPS where motion based on real world physics makes more sense than in a sports game where attributes should dictate some of those things.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really hope they revamped franchise mode.

I just need it to work this year.

Couldn’t touch franchise until January because of how broken it was. then I spent all the time editing rosters and creating players, only for the roster override/deletion glitch to happen and delete everything. So, I barely played franchise. When I did, it was doing single year fantasy draft challenges. Not exactly what the mode should be used for :/ - NHL 21 was the least amount I’ve played NHL. I really only played EASHL at various times.

It’s a shame because NHL 20 was such a step forward for additions to franchise, and NHL 21 should’ve been a good year where they were able to fine tune everything.

So yeah, priority number 1 is just having a working mode

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Be careful what you wish for when it comes to frostbite.

That engine is widely pointed at the reason why Madden went from actually okay and enjoyable football game to a trash heap because of all of its shitty canned animation stuff.

Given how small Chels team is I can totally see this being the end of the line for this series gameplay wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad