McKenzie: Potential cost for Zuccarello: 2nd rounder and prospect

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I said it before, I'll say it again, maybe it will be better received this time around.

To New York Rangers:
- Conditional Pick(s) in 2020... 1st if Zucc re-signs, 2nd & 3rd is he doesn't
- Austin Czarnik/Andrew Mangiapane
To Calgary Flames:
- Mats Zuccarello

Czarnik and Mangiapane don’t do anything for the Rangers. It’s a conditional pick and a player who is a long shot of being a top-6 player one day.

I highly doubt you would make that deal if the roles were reversed.

Reactions: bernmeister

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I said it before, I'll say it again, maybe it will be better received this time around.

To New York Rangers:
- Conditional Pick(s) in 2020... 1st if Zucc re-signs, 2nd & 3rd is he doesn't
- Austin Czarnik/Andrew Mangiapane
To Calgary Flames:
- Mats Zuccarello

Zucc will return a better prospect than Mangiapane or Czarnik. I tend to be pretty conservative on what we’ll get for Zucc, but that’s still a low ball offer to me.

And Flames fans in this thread have said there’s no shot Zucc stays there long term, so why would those conditions mean anything to us? Would rather make it conditional on Calgary going to the finals - but I still don’t do that deal unless a better prospect is coming back.

Reactions: Jauffre and E-Train

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
98% of proposals here.

Playoff team offering a 2nd + prospect.

An almost 3rd Rd pick and their 3rd/4th best prospect.

What exactly is that supposed to benefit a rebuilding team for a 60pt player?

If your team is projected to be a final 8 team then your 1st Rd pick is nothing special. Understand? It's a cap shoot pick along with your 3rd best prospect who at best will be a bottoman 6 player or boom/bust AHL All Star.

This will be the worst rebuild ever if all NYR does is trade off valuable developed pieces to cup contenders for "maybes" who at their peak "could" be role players in 6 years.

Give me a break.

Ibewlu3

Nov 19, 2017
There was a confirmed trade post with zucc and pionk to oilers that initially wouldnt open and was then removed.....Did anyone else see that?

Ibewlu3

Nov 19, 2017
Ok.... I’m kind of new to posting on here I thought only moderators can put up a confirmed trade

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ok.... I’m kind of new to posting on here I thought only moderators can put up a confirmed trade
Yea you can't mess around with confirmed trade links. Yrs ago I thought it would be funny to post a confirmed with link thread using 1 of the hot trade rumors at the time. The link I put went to a laughing gif. I thought it was funny but I caught a 30 day ban. Moral of the story is don't play with the confirmed with link header

Reactions: Ibewlu3

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Zucc will return a better prospect than Mangiapane or Czarnik. I tend to be pretty conservative on what we’ll get for Zucc, but that’s still a low ball offer to me.

And Flames fans in this thread have said there’s no shot Zucc stays there long term, so why would those conditions mean anything to us? Would rather make it conditional on Calgary going to the finals - but I still don’t do that deal unless a better prospect is coming back.
Those Flames fans quite frankly aren't that bright. If we move Frolik at the draft we can afford to retain Zucc.
Also, you won't get better than a B Prospect at the deadline, top prospects simply don't get moved for rentals at the deadline. Usually when you hear a 2nd and a prospect or 1st and a prospect at the deadline, they are B and C level prospects. So, no you probably won't get much better than Mangiapane in terms of prospects and adding a 2nd and 3rd is better than the price McKenzie expects.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
How would Zucc slot into Calgary's lineup? I assume 2nd line RW pushing Bennett down to 3rd?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No on moving Zucc Kreider or Mika. No wonder Hank can't win a Cup when the Rangers annually insist on trying to and moving the guys that actually make a positive difference to this team.

Well you guys are rebuilding . So send those 3 players to Edmonton with 50% retained for Lucic , Manning , Benning and our 1st

Helps the tank . :sarcasm:

See I can post things that are not remotely come to reality . The NYR have always been buyers . They just enter a rebuild . Every year Hank been in NY the team has tried to win .

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
98% of proposals here.

Playoff team offering a 2nd + prospect.

An almost 3rd Rd pick and their 3rd/4th best prospect.

What exactly is that supposed to benefit a rebuilding team for a 60pt player?

If your team is projected to be a final 8 team then your 1st Rd pick is nothing special. Understand? It's a cap shoot pick along with your 3rd best prospect who at best will be a bottoman 6 player or boom/bust AHL All Star.

This will be the worst rebuild ever if all NYR does is trade off valuable developed pieces to cup contenders for "maybes" who at their peak "could" be role players in 6 years.

Give me a break.

Excellent post. Couldn’t have said it better.

Fans of opposing teams are always throwing lowball offers out here and then they throw a fit when somebody calls their offers crap.

Gotta give to get.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I know the difference between a 1st and a 2nd really bothers some NYR fans, and Zucc being such a fan favorite probably doesn't make it easier, but for me it's the prospect that makes or breaks this deal getting a 2nd.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I know the difference between a 1st and a 2nd really bothers some NYR fans, and Zucc being such a fan favorite probably doesn't make it easier, but for me it's the prospect that makes or breaks this deal getting a 2nd.

I agree, any first is going to be a rather late one, unless the Rangers look to move up packaging picks......a prospect already being developed is likely a better option for NY.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Well since Jan 15, Zucc has the 2nd highest amount of assists in the league with 14. He is playing some amazing hockey and I dont see Gorton letting him go on the cheap

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad