Post your 2024 Draft List

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Who are the top goalies for this draft? I don't see any out of Quebec that jump out at the moment.

Canada

USA

Europe

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
For those interested, here are some of the top names from the Alps region.

Looks like a strong year for Swiss prospects, average year for German‘s, normal year for the Austrians and one intriguing Slovenian defender.

Italy doesn’t have anyone this year.

Germany:

Edwin Tropmann
Paul Mayer
Paul Vinzens
Maximillian Merkl
Max Hense

Switzerland:

Jarmio Reber
Daniil Ustnikov
David Bosson
Jordan Forget
Yannick Ponzetto
Christian Kirsch
Gian Meier
Leon Muggli
Joel Grossniklaus
Loris Wey
Robin Nico Antenen
Ben Toller

Austria:

Johannes Neumann
Gregor Bieber
Paul Reiner

Slovenia:

Jan Golicic

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland:

Jarmio Reber
Daniil Ustnikov
David Bosson
Jordan Forget
Yannick Ponzetto
Christian Kirsch
Gian Meier
Leon Muggli
Joel Grossniklaus
Loris Wey
Robin Nico Antenen
Ben Toller
Good list for Switzerland. Obviously not all of them are going to be drafted but I'd say at least Reber, Ustinkov, Forget, Ponzetto, Kirsch, Meier and Muggli should all be potential candidates to be picked. Then there is also Elijah Neuenschwander, who I consider a better Goaltender than Kirsch as of today. There are even more players that could get themselves into the conversation with a big developmental jump next year. Guys like Cyril Keller, Kimi Körbler, Lenny Giger, Janis Weber, Joel Kurt, William Mcnutt (best name ever) etc. It's a deep group indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Good list for Switzerland. Obviously not all of them are going to be drafted but I'd say at least Reber, Ustinkov, Forget, Ponzetto, Kirsch, Meier and Muggli should all be potential candidates to be picked. Then there is also Elijah Neuenschwander, who I consider a better Goaltender than Kirsch as of today. There are even more players that could get themselves into the conversation with a big developmental jump next year. Guys like Cyril Keller, Kimi Körbler, Lenny Giger, Janis Weber, Joel Kurt, William Mcnutt (best name ever) etc. It's a deep group indeed.
Neuenschwander from what I can gather is a late birthday so he isn’t eligible until the 2025 draft - but I totally agree you on him, he’s an impressive goalie who could see himself selected in the future. Definitely a deep group of ‘06’s - one of the best, if not the best in recent memory for sure.

Reactions: Speyer

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Neuenschwander from what I can gather is a late birthday so he isn’t eligible until the 2025 draft - but I totally agree you on him, he’s an impressive goalie who could see himself selected in the future. Definitely a deep group of ‘06’s - one of the best, if not the best in recent memory for sure.
Yeah, seems like Neuenschwander just missed the cutoff date by a few days, I didn't know that. As a whole, I'd say the class is easily the best since the 00 birth year. Hopefully more players will reach their upside than with that class though.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My personal "top 2 round watchlist":

47 players here...

Clear top 10:

Macklin Celebrini (C)
Berkly Catton (C)

Ivan Demidov (RW)
Konsta Helenius (RW)

Cole Eiserman (LW)

Artyom Levshunov (RD)
Henry Mews (RD)

Aron Kiviharju (LD)

The rest:

Mac Swanson (C)
Sacha Boisvert (C)
Michael Hage (C)
Trevor Connelly (C)
Simon Zether (C)
Alexander Zetterberg (C)
Lucas Pettersson (C)
Tuomas Suoniemi (C)

Maxim Massé (RW)
Ryder Ritchie (RW)
Beckett Sennecke (RW)
Topias Hynninen (RW)
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård (RW)
Karl Sterner (RW)
Justin Poirier (RW)
Liam Greentree (RW)

Igor Chernyshov (LW)
Andrew Basha (LW)
Gavin Hodnett (LW)
Oskar Vuollet (LW)
Emil Hemming (LW)
Hugo Zetterlund (LW)
Tanner Howe (LW)
Roope Vesterinen (LW)

Sam Dickinson (LD)
Veeti Väisänen (LD)
Cole Hutson (LD)
Zeev Buium (LD)
Niilopekka Muhonen (LD)
Stian Solberg (LD)
Matthew Virgilio (LD)
Will Skahan (LD)

Zayne Parekh (RD)
Adam Jiricek (RD)
Carter Yakemchuk (RD)
Anthony Cristoforo (RD
Dominik Badinka (RD)
Ben Danford (RD)
Jakub Chromiak (RD)

Albeit while I have put "the rest"... well... there are tiers there... but could imagine any of these guys ending up in 1st/early-mid 2nd, even if for some only with big development years and scraping into it.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
While I love the list, and love Nordlund; he just misses the cutoff and will be a 2025 eligible

Ah damn... probably an issue with the excel I dragged it from. Have 2024 and 2024 in the same sheet with sortable columns. Guess with September birthday I cocked up when inserting.

2025 also shaping up nicely too... Swedes especially!

• Love
Reactions: dr1234

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
I just really hope that Michael Brandsegg Nygård continues his development and becomes the first Norwegian drafted in the first round ever. If Stian Solberg also get drafted pretty early (say round 2-3) it will be an insane draft for Norway.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
1. 🇨🇦 Celebrini
2. 🇷🇺 Demidov
3. 🇺🇲 Eiserman
4. 🇧🇾 Levshunov
5. 🇫🇮 Helenius
6. 🇨🇦 Catton
7. 🇫🇮 Kiviharju
8. 🇨🇦 Dickinson
9. 🇨🇦 Mews
10. 🇺🇲 Hutson
11. 🇨🇿 Jiříček
12. 🇷🇺 Chernyshov
13. 🇨🇦 Hage
14. 🇨🇦 Massé
15. 🇨🇦 Parekh

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Looks like this will be the year to get a Dman. Pronman has 5 in the top 10, 10 in the Top 20, 15 in the 1st. Wonder when the last year was that had so many Dmen projected in the first tound(yes, I know it's very early, and Pronman is the last word).

Just checked....guess it was 2012. 8 Dmen picked in the top 10, though only one more in the teens.

Last edited:

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Let's see what the outcome is one year from now, lol

Geopolitics will still be a thing next year unfortunately. No Zetterberg in first round because of size.

2024 Draft EP Ranking Portal
I know a single tournament doesn’t/shouldn’t mean much, especially not for a d-1 playing a year up. However, Vaisanen was SOOOOOOOOO BAD at the U18s. Not in a “he had a bad tournament” way but in a “why the hell is this kid still in people’s first rounds” way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My second list for this draft. Made this a little while ago, but after the season ended.

I think this draft is decent, but it doesn't have the sure things at the top like 2023. I have Demidov first, and then you could convince me of the next 5 or 6 players in any order. I'd probably give a different order of them tomorrow, that's kind of how variable I view it at this stage in the draft process.

Don't see any separation other than Demidov. A lot will likely change over the coming months and before the 2024 draft.

The two players I think could do a lot to challenge Demidov for my list are Levshunov and Catton. Levshunov needs to do a lot of what he did last year, but just better and really be the best defenseman in the USHL next season. Catton needs to start playing up to his potential more often. I think he's as talented as Demidov, but he doesn't always show it.

Saying that, I know Celebrini and Eiserman will probably be the top two in that order. I know, but don't care. I have reservations about both those players, even if they've been anointed. Not saying they're bad either. Just maybe a little less good than their reputations.

2024 Draft List:

1. Ivan Demidov-W
2. Mack Celebrini-C
3. Artyom Levshunov-RD
4. Berkly Catton-C
5. Cole Eiserman-W
6. Adam Jiricek-RD
7. Henry Mews-RD
8. Konsta Helenius-W
9. Zayne Parekh-RD
10. Aron Kiviharju-LD
11. Sam Dickinson-LD
12. Will Skahan-LD
13. Maxim Masse-W
14. Kamil Bednarik-C
15. Liam Greentree-W
16. Igor Chernyshov-W
17. Cole Hutson-LD
18. Michael Hage-C
19. Charlie Elick-RD
20. Mac Swanson-W
21. Veeti Vaisanen-LD
22. Anthony Cristoforo-RD
23. Niilopekka Muhonen-LD
24. Tomas Galvas-LD
25. Justin Poirier-W
26. Aidan Park-C
27. Ryder Ritchie-W
28. Tanner Howe-C
29. Stian Solberg-LD
30. Tory Pitner-RD
31. Alfons Freij-LD
32. Lucas Van Vliet-C
33. Michael Brandsegg Nygard-C
34. Tarin Smith-LD
35. Dominik Badinka-RD
36. Zeev Buium-LD
37. Carter Yakemchuk-RD
38. Simon Zether-C
39. Yegor Surin-C
40. Christian Humphreys-C
41. Alexander Shen-W
42. Brendan McMorrow-C
43. Bruno Idzan-W
44. Sebastian Soini-RD
45. Andrew Basha-W
46. Noah Lapointe-LD
47. Carson Wetsch-C
48. Tomas Lavoie-RD
49. Ivan Kornilov-LD
50. Ben Danford-RD
51. Sacha Boisvert-C
52. Eemil Vinni-G
53. Alex Zetterberg-W
54. Joona Saarelainen-C
55. Gavin Hodnett-W
56. Clarke Caswell-W
57. Karl Sterner-W
58. Cayden Lindstrom-C
59. Bryce Pickford-RD
60. Beckett Sennecke-W
61. Eric Olsson-G
62. Roope Vesterinen-W
63. Luke Misa-C
64. Matvei Babenko-W

32 Unordered HM's (approximates a third round): EJ Emery (RD), Emil Hemming (W), Jakub Chromiak (RD), Trevor Connelly (W), Thomas Desruisseaux (C), Jesse Heslop (W), Adam Jecho (W), Felix Lacerte (C), Miguel Marques (W), Paul Mayer (LD), Lucas Pettersson (C), Max Plante (W), Xavier Veilleux (LD), Oskar Vuollet (C), Petteri Rimpinen (G), Tuomas Suoniemi (C), Mitja Jokinen (LD), Frankie Marrelli (LD), Daniil Ustinkov (LD), Jamiro Reber (C), Elias Vatne (W), Vojtech Vochvest (LD), Louka Cloutier (G), Jack Parsons (G), Charlie Pardue (W), John Stout (LD), AJ Spellacy (C), Carson Pilgrim (W), Owen Keefe (LD), Matt Virgilio (LD), Edwin Tropmann (RD), Anton Linde (W)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad