Post your 2024 Draft List

Hrabal the Giant

Nov 21, 2023
Iowa
My initial top 32 ranking. This doesn't take into account specific team needs, but does reflect the positional value of D and C over wings:
  1. Celebrini
  2. Silayev
  3. Levshunov
  4. Dickinson
  5. Demidov
  6. Catton
  7. Lindstrom
  8. Parekh
  9. Helenius
  10. Buium
  11. Iginla
  12. Boisvert
  13. Freij
  14. Eiserman
  15. Greentree
  16. Connelly*
  17. Emery
  18. Hemming
  19. O’Reilly
  20. Mews
  21. Brandsegg-Nygard
  22. Roberts
  23. Bednarik
  24. LSW
  25. Hage
  26. Shuravin
  27. Basha
  28. Fischer
  29. Ritchie
  30. Badinka
  31. Yakemchuk
  32. Sennecke
*I don't know that I am comfortable spending a 1st on Connelly based on character concerns, but this is how I would rank him as player.
Seems like the character pieces are of the past unless you've heard something new within the past 6 months that is newly of concern. Sadly we have all made mistakes in our young, some are larger than others.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Seems like the character pieces are of the past unless you've heard something new within the past 6 months that is newly of concern. Sadly we have all made mistakes in our young, some are larger than others.
I obviously don't know the kid, only what I have read. I am willing to forgive him mistakes if he has learned from them and shows genuine remorse. We all did dumb things when we were young that we wouldn't want to define us. My concern with him, based solely on what I have read, is not that he posted dumb pic, but that he has pattern of acting like a real jerk, leaving behind him a long list of teams where he wore out his welcome. That is red flag. If I was an NHL team I would be able to speak to these folks, speak with him, and form an opinion on whether he is victim of circumstances or he just made some youthful mistakes that he has grown from or whether he is such a jerk that I wouldn't want him in my organization. But since I am just a fan with a laptop, I don't really have the ability to do that kind of due diligence on a prospect. I can merely flag the issue and rank him based on where I would place him on talent/size/production, just like i do everyone else. But I have concerns.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I obviously don't know the kid, only what I have read. I am willing to forgive him mistakes if he has learned from them and shows genuine remorse. We all did dumb things when we were young that we wouldn't want to define us. My concern with him, based solely on what I have read, is not that he posted dumb pic, but that he has pattern of acting like a real jerk, leaving behind him a long list of teams where he wore out his welcome. That is red flag. If I was an NHL team I would be able to speak to these folks, speak with him, and form an opinion on whether he is victim of circumstances or he just made some youthful mistakes that he has grown from or whether he is such a jerk that I wouldn't want him in my organization. But since I am just a fan with a laptop, I don't really have the ability to do that kind of due diligence on a prospect. I can merely flag the issue and rank him based on where I would place him on talent/size/production, just like i do everyone else. But I have concerns.

There was a piece in the Athletic a few weeks back on him. they did a lot of research, spoke with team officials from all the teams he has been with, spoke with parents of former teammates, his mum, teammates, etc.

The multiple team changes are a red flag on top of the swastika thing and after reading the article, a lot of questions remained for me.

I guess GMs won’t get a better grip either, hence he will fall lower than he would if he came with a clean slate. Also, GMs may fear some backlash by public. I still envision him to go late 1st, as the talent gap will be too big and taking him this too tempting for some GM.

Personally, I would wanna get away as far as I could from him.

Edit: For those with a subscription that missed it: Who will draft Trevor Connelly? Inside the NHL's evolving scrutiny of top prospects

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There was a piece in the Athletic a few weeks back on him. they did a lot of research, spoke with team officials from all the teams he has been with, spoke with parents of former teammates, his mum, teammates, etc.

The multiple team changes are a red flag on top of the swastika thing and after reading the article, a lot of questions remained for me.

I guess GMs won’t get a better grip either, hence he will fall lower than he would if he came with a clean slate. Also, GMs may fear some backlash by public. I still envision him to go late 1st, as the talent gap will be too big and taking him this too tempting for some GM.

Personally, I would wanna get away as far as I could from him.

Edit: For those with a subscription that missed it: Who will draft Trevor Connelly? Inside the NHL's evolving scrutiny of top prospects
Thanks. I should have referenced it in my post above. That article is primary reason that I think the issues with him go well beyond the infamous pic.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Is there a chance that Ottawa could end up with Levshunov and Brandsegg-Nygård?
Have to think that Lev is high on the Ducks board. Unless there's a clear (in their opinion) BPA, Ducks probably go with a RHD since it's virtually the only thing missing in the system. Ducks should pick at 4 after the lottery (if they stay with the 3rd worst record), and with the players in the 2-8ish range all being viewed similarly, so there's a good chance Lev doesn't last beyond #4. Then again, there's very few years anyone has been able to predict the Ducks pick.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Have to think that Lev is high on the Ducks board. Unless there's a clear (in their opinion) BPA, Ducks probably go with a RHD since it's virtually the only thing missing in the system. Ducks should pick at 4 after the lottery (if they stay with the 3rd worst record), and with the players in the 2-8ish range all being viewed similarly, so there's a good chance Lev doesn't last beyond #4. Then again, there's very few years anyone has been able to predict the Ducks pick.
Definitely understandable.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
1. Celebrini

2. Buium
3. Demidov
4. Yakemchuk
5. Lindstrom

6. Dickinson
7. Catton

Then I have a bunch of guys I don't like as much so far but I won't place them until I see a few more games, just to give them a chance. That includes Levshunov and Silayev. I haven't liked the first few games I've seen from them.

Seeing Verbeek boldly take Leo and his history with Yzerman, I expect Verbeek to surprise us. If it's an RD, look out for Yakemchuk.

That and it's been three years in a row that the Ducks have taken my favorite guy just before my Blue Jackets pick (McTavish, Mintyukov, and Carlsson), so part of me expects them to take Yakemchuk. Or maybe even Zeev Buium.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
1. Celebrini

2. Buium
3. Demidov
4. Yakemchuk
5. Lindstrom

6. Dickinson
7. Catton

Then I have a bunch of guys I don't like as much so far but I won't place them until I see a few more games, just to give them a chance. That includes Levshunov and Silayev. I haven't liked the first few games I've seen from them.

Seeing Verbeek boldly take Leo and his history with Yzerman, I expect Verbeek to surprise us. If it's an RD, look out for Yakemchuk.

That and it's been three years in a row that the Ducks have taken my favorite guy just before my Blue Jackets pick (McTavish, Mintyukov, and Carlsson), so part of me expects them to take Yakemchuk. Or maybe even Zeev Buium.
Iv been leading towards Yakemchuk as the Ducks pick and him being one of your favourites makes it seem more certain. One thing I am sure of is that we will take a D.

Reactions: majormajor

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yakemchuk to Ducks or to jackets would be perfect. Because I need other players to sleep for Devils. Yakemchuk to Ducks and Parekh to jackets with Helenius to canadiens would be ideal. And Iginla to Calgary.

• Haha
Reactions: EveryDay

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kind of sick at seeing Eiserman as 9th ranked... could we have chance to sick drop!...

Best goalscorer since I've seen after Matthews.

Was gonna say after Laine... but man, those are snipers. Snipers on their own.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Hawks will finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Celebrini sweepstakes. With the possibility of 2 teams jumping ahead via the ping pong ball lottery - that means the Hawks will get one of the top-5 picks and therefore the only draft list I'm interested in are the top-5 picks, here is my list in order of preference:

1. Celebrini
2. Lindstrom
3. Eiserman
4. Parekh
5. Levshunov

The Hawks also have another pick later in the 1st round acquired via trade from TB - for that one just take BPA.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Coming around quite a bit about the forwards of this draft outside of Demidov, that I always loved... Really still like the Ds, but I can't put Eiserman out of my top 5 and Catton has risen a lot even if I'd like him to have a bigger frame.

My current top 5 reflects that.

1. Celebrini
2. Dickinson
3. Demidov
4. Eiserman
5. Catton
6. Silayev
7. Levshunov
8. Lindstrom
9. Buium
10. Yakemchuk

HM: Parekh, Connelly, Iginla

Still like Lindstrom but injuries cool me a bit, and there was always some toolbox question to the impressive toolkit. Still a good pick. It is really close between 2 and 10 for me.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
1-Berkly Catton Center Spokane Chiefs Top 3
2-Carter Yakemchuk RHD Calgary Hitmen Top 10
3-Andrew Basha Winger Medicine Hat Tigers 11-20
4-Tig Iginla Center Kelowna Rockets 11-20
5-Ryder Ritchie Winger Prince Albert Raiders 15-25
6-Cayden Lindstrom Forward Medicine Hat Tigers 20-30
7-Charlie Elick RHD Brandon Wheat Kings 20-30
8-Terik Parascak Winger Prince George Cougars 20-30
9-Tanner Howe Forward Regina Pats 25-40
10-Julius Miettinen Winger Everett Silvertips 2nd
11-Tarin Smith LHD Everett Silvertips 2nd
12-Colton Roberts RHD Vancouver Giants 2-3
13-Miguel Marques Winger Lethbridge Hurricanes 2-3
14-Harrison Brunicke RHD Kamloops Blazers 2-3
15-Clarke Caswell Winger Swift Current Broncos 2-3
16-Carson Wetsch Center Calgary Hitmen 3-4
17-Adam Jecho Center Edmonton Oil Kings 3-4
18-Ollie Josephson Center Red Deer Rebels 3-4
19-Max Curran Center Tri-City Americans 3-4
20-Tomas Mrsic Center Medicine Hat Tigers 3-4
21-Hiroki Gojsic Winger Kelowna Rockets 4-5
22-Miles Cooper Center Wenatchee Wild 4-5
23-Dawson Cowan Goalie Spokane Chiefs 4-5
24-Diego Buttazzoni Center Portland Winterhawks 4-5
25-Evan Gardner Goalie Saskatoon Blades 4-5
26-Chase Wutzke Goalie Red Deer Rebels 4-5
27-Gavin Hodnett Winger Edmonton Oil Kings 5-7
28-Jesse Heslop Winger Everett Silvertips 5-7
29-Will McIsaac RHD Spokane Chiefs 5-7
30-Josh Zakreski Winger Portland Winterhawks 5-7

Re-entries worth looks:
Hunter St. Martin, F Medicine Hat
Hunter Mayo, D Red Deer
Brayden Edwards, F Lethbridge
Harrison Meneghin, G Lethbridge
Niall Crocker, F Prince Albert
Ondrej Bechar, F Prince George
Bauer Dumanski, D Prince George
Viliam Kmec, D Prince George
Ty Halaburda, F Vancouver
Tyler Thorpe, F Vancouver
Mazden Leslie, D Vancouver
Jan Spunar, G Portland
Dominik Rymon, F Everett
Eric Jamieson, D Everett
Kenta Isogai, F Wenatchee
Brayden Crampton, D Spokane
Jake Sloan, F Tri-City
Lucas Matecha, G Tri-City

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
1-Berkly Catton Center Spokane Chiefs Top 3
2-Carter Yakemchuk RHD Calgary Hitmen Top 10
3-Andrew Basha Winger Medicine Hat Tigers 11-20
4-Tig Iginla Center Kelowna Rockets 11-20
5-Ryder Ritchie Winger Prince Albert Raiders 15-25
6-Cayden Lindstrom Forward Medicine Hat Tigers 20-30
7-Charlie Elick RHD Brandon Wheat Kings 20-30
8-Terik Parascak Winger Prince George Cougars 20-30
9-Tanner Howe Forward Regina Pats 25-40
10-Julius Miettinen Winger Everett Silvertips 2nd
11-Tarin Smith LHD Everett Silvertips 2nd
12-Colton Roberts RHD Vancouver Giants 2-3
13-Miguel Marques Winger Lethbridge Hurricanes 2-3
14-Harrison Brunicke RHD Kamloops Blazers 2-3
15-Clarke Caswell Winger Swift Current Broncos 2-3
16-Carson Wetsch Center Calgary Hitmen 3-4
17-Adam Jecho Center Edmonton Oil Kings 3-4
18-Ollie Josephson Center Red Deer Rebels 3-4
19-Max Curran Center Tri-City Americans 3-4
20-Tomas Mrsic Center Medicine Hat Tigers 3-4
21-Hiroki Gojsic Winger Kelowna Rockets 4-5
22-Miles Cooper Center Wenatchee Wild 4-5
23-Dawson Cowan Goalie Spokane Chiefs 4-5
24-Diego Buttazzoni Center Portland Winterhawks 4-5
25-Evan Gardner Goalie Saskatoon Blades 4-5
26-Chase Wutzke Goalie Red Deer Rebels 4-5
27-Gavin Hodnett Winger Edmonton Oil Kings 5-7
28-Jesse Heslop Winger Everett Silvertips 5-7
29-Will McIsaac RHD Spokane Chiefs 5-7
30-Josh Zakreski Winger Portland Winterhawks 5-7

Re-entries worth looks:
Hunter St. Martin, F Medicine Hat
Hunter Mayo, D Red Deer
Brayden Edwards, F Lethbridge
Harrison Meneghin, G Lethbridge
Niall Crocker, F Prince Albert
Ondrej Bechar, F Prince George
Bauer Dumanski, D Prince George
Viliam Kmec, D Prince George
Ty Halaburda, F Vancouver
Tyler Thorpe, F Vancouver
Mazden Leslie, D Vancouver
Jan Spunar, G Portland
Dominik Rymon, F Everett
Eric Jamieson, D Everett
Kenta Isogai, F Wenatchee
Brayden Crampton, D Spokane
Jake Sloan, F Tri-City
Lucas Matecha, G Tri-City

Always appreciate your WHL love! :thumbu: I don't agree with your take on Lindstrom but other than that, your list looks solid.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Parekh actually spit on a Frontenacs player and was able to still play in the prospect game not suspended for it until that game and as far as I can tell that hasn't come up at all again so clearly "character" is very subjective.

Infant of Spain

Tackling for Macklin
Jul 20, 2022
The Hawks will finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Celebrini sweepstakes. With the possibility of 2 teams jumping ahead via the ping pong ball lottery - that means the Hawks will get one of the top-5 picks and therefore the only draft list I'm interested in are the top-5 picks, here is my list in order of preference:

1. Celebrini
2. Lindstrom
3. Eiserman
4. Parekh
5. Levshunov

The Hawks also have another pick later in the 1st round acquired via trade from TB - for that one just take BPA.
Holy shit. Luckily you are not going to select our picks

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
The Wahlstrom comparison is kind of bad imo for Eiserman. He might be only a goal scorer, but he certainly is better at scoring goals then Wahlstrom was at his age

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad