Speculation: Post Your 2013-14 Lineup

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
1st Line) Read------Giroux------Voracek ( Perfect top line. Playmaker in the middle with a sniper and a very dynamic versatile player. As well as very defensively responsible).

2nd Line) Hartnell------Lecavalier------Simmonds ( Very big, physical scoring line. Will wear on other teams with their relentless forecheck).

3rd Line) Schenn------Couturier------Raffl ( Schenn and Couturier have shown they have some chemistry in the past. Raffl is one of those hard working forwards that could really make this line click. Could be best 3rd Line in hockey).

4th Line) Talbot------Hall------Rinaldo ( Hard working, defensively responsible 4th line. What more could you ask for in a 4th line?

This forward group with no substantial injuries is certainly playoff bound. Every line has the perfect element to make us a very tough team to play against.

1st )Timonen------Schenn ( Worked last year might as well go with it again. Schenn will be our best d man this season).

2nd) Coburn------Streit ( Puck mover with a stay at home d man. Very solid 2nd pairing. I expect Coburn to bounce back).

3rd) Gus------Grossmann ( I would prefer Mesz tbh, but I expect him to be moved for a pick any second now. Also another puck mover with a stay at home d man. Could be weak but give it a chance).

Mason ( More athletic, brighter upside, Harder worker).
Emery ( Solid backup, will steal us a few games).

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Raffl already got sent down.

I know and I don't agree with it. This is the roster I would LIKE to see. Laughton should not make this team yet. Raffl can be better utilized this season. We already have 3rd and 4th line centres and the organization as well as Laughton see him as a centre only.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If Raffl continues his strong play with the Phantoms (2 goals yesterday) he will be back with the Flyers rather sooner than later....unless Homer pulls a trade out of his hat with an established 3rd liner coming back for Mesz.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I think Couturier played better than Simmonds.

Hartnell and couturier look good. Streit does look damn good on the pp.

Looked good against the caps. Made an incredible pass to hartnell, probably the best play i've ever seen him make, and to tell you the truth i can't recall seeing that good of a pass in a long time by anyone on the team. He looked bad against new jeresey but they make everyone look bad.

Yeh, I would say Couts was probably one of our best 5 players every night apart from against New Jersey. He looks stronger, faster and better on faceoffs than last year.

Hartnell looked good as well.

I thought Simmonds looked out of sorts most of the preseason, I know he had flu, which kind of excuses him.

I also thought that Coburn looked fine apart from the last game.

This, I would even go as far as to say G, Read and Couts were our three best forwards this preseason with 4th place going to Hartnell. Couts only had one bad game.

Simmer didn't really look good with the puck on his stick but he was hitting hard which is good to see, I imagine the other things will come back with more playing time.

Coburn was Coburn, he was solid for all games but one. Overall Schenn and Kimmo were out best defenders in the preseason, followed by Coburn.

I really don't know what you've been watching

Everything you just said is wrong. Im sorry to sound like a dick but you have to be blind to come away with that analysis of him. He has 4 points in the 5 games he played this preseason, he's improved significantly on FO's, isn't getting pushed around as much as he used to and overall looks like a more confident player.
OK, I guess everyone thinks differently than I do :laugh: I'll admit, maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention and only focused on the negatives, and ignored the good things he did. I'll keep a closer eye on his play throughout the season, and readily admit I'm wrong if I misjudged it.

the lack of front teeth must be a turn off
That it is.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Voracek, Giroux, Read
Simmonds, LeCavalier, Hartnell
Couts, Talbot, Schenn
Rinaldo, Laughton, Rosehill/Hall

Schenn, Timonen
Coburn, Grossman