Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
It's not the new reality for smarter teams though. There are always outliers like the Bobby Holik contract or the Scott Gomez contract. Teams that make dumb moves like this will always be out there. But smarter teams know better.

Boston tied up it's homegrown talent for far less. They are getting big bang for the buck and that's why they were in the finals this year.

If mediocre players want big paydays, let them walk. You shouldn't overpay for these kinds of players. Erik Karlsson is a totally different story... he's a true superstar. THAT you can pony up for.

But if you're ponying up ten mil for Duchene you're putting yourself at a real disadvantage and you're also throwing your own salary structure out of whack.

And... we don't need help at that position. Our D meanwhile is a total mess.

The players Boston have moved, the top end talent, and still recovered from it, is amazing. Sweeny is a miracle worker at times. Anyone remember Ken Dryden was a Bruin before Montreal traded for him?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I love these kind of posts
Just to let you know, he is far from done and is coming off his 2nd best season stats wise since being in the league
If Letang is old and getting worse, just curious but how do you feel about Weber?
Weber needs replacing too but he doesn't rely on speed and skating like Letang.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The players Boston have moved, the top end talent, and still recovered from it, is amazing. Sweeny is a miracle worker at times. Anyone remember Ken Dryden was a Bruin before Montreal traded for him?

And Tony O and Vachon were Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lets wait when he starts making 1 million a season..lol
Some dances aint worth dancing no more....

We're going to find out at that point how much he'll be willing to keep sacrificing his body with so little retribution.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't know that Perry would consider us, but if I'm MB I'm definitely giving him a serious 1-2yr heavily bonus-ladden offer.

IF he has recovered enough to be even 70% as effective as he was before the knee issues derailed him, he's a perfect fit.

Drouin - Domi - Perry could be a lethal line... He's exactly the kind of scorer that Drouin could excel with, and has the size/attitude/ethic/experience that would be a welcome addition to our top 6.

Plus, if our season doesn't go well, he's an obvious trade deadline chip that fits the profile GMs overpay for.

Drouin - Domi - Perry
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Shaw - JKO - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lekhonen
Weal, Poehling, Suzuki, Evans

That's a pretty solid looking playoff-ready roster imo...

Would just leave that hole @top-4 LD to fill.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I don't know that Perry would consider us, but if I'm MB I'm definitely giving him a serious 1-2yr heavily bonus-ladden offer.

IF he has recovered enough to be even 70% as effective as he was before the knee issues derailed him, he's a perfect fit.

Drouin - Domi - Perry could be a lethal line... He's exactly the kind of scorer that Drouin could excel with, and has the size/attitude/ethic/experience that would be a welcome addition to our top 6.

Plus, if our season doesn't go well, he's an obvious trade deadline chip that fits the profile GMs overpay for.

Drouin - Domi - Perry
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Shaw - JKO - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lekhonen
Weal, Poehling, Suzuki, Evans

That's a pretty solid looking playoff-ready roster imo...

Would just leave that hole @top-4 LD to fill.

I think bonus are for 35+ player?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
0 left if you sign him and u did not even fix lhd and wingers problem

Not true in the slightest. Really think they’d sign Duchene and then just start playing Byron on the 4th line? Someone will go.

Then next season, Weise, Mason’s buyout, Peca, Thompson, Deslauriers are all gone. That’s $7m of dead weight.

Habs are in a great position.

Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad