Line Combos: Post deadline Line Combinations?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Doesn't make sense to break up Hyman and McD. Seems to make both better. It's not easy being on McWing and Hyman seems to know how to be good at it.

Nuge and Henrique are pretty much a toss up as #3C. Ideally they both become a duo and shore up the 3rd line. Holloway need to be called back up.

This is what I want.. looks weird but here is goes 4th line to 1st

Kane-Carrick-Perry (beast line)
Nuge-Henrique-Brown/Ryan/Gagner
Feogele-Drai-McLeod
Holloway-McD-Hyman
That's actually a pretty good way of spreading the wealth.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Focusing on this, Brown seemed to get his feet moving a lot more vs. puck watching and trying (and failing) to stay in good defensive position. Less "think" and more "do", which seemed to benefit him.

Imo a main reason why Brown looked absolutely lost riding shotgun to McDavid or Drai was becasue the dude looked like he was trying to solve advanced quantum theory before deciding where to skate. The complete opposite of above.

Henrique also looked more comforable having some speed and agility on his wing to cover for his slow(er) boots. It'd be hilarious if those two could develop some chemistry, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.
I really like our line combo, but there is no room for injuries

We’re still 1 forward short. What can we do

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah, I’m personally not sold on Stecher. But if you gave up a 4th for him might as well see how he plays. Hell, even if you don’t intent to play him in the playoffs without injuries, it would probably do to get him some games with the team so he can get familiar with the systems and guys in game situations just in case.
He's not an upgrade on Ceci; he's an insurance on Sissy (Broberg).

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-Foegele
Janmark-Henrique-Perry
Holloway-McLeod-Brown

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Nuge - Mcdavid - Hyman
Mcleod - Draisaitl - Foegele
Holloway - Henrique - Kane
Janmark/Brown - Carrick - Perry
Why knobblauch didn’t put McLeod back with draisaitl after he came back from being sick is beyond me. They are killing it. He always preaches about keeping players together and then abandoned it. If he would just keep everything together like he keeps saying he likes to do that would be great.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I’d love to see them be able to put a matchup 3rd line together that can shut down a top 6 line.

McLeod - RNH - Brown

Probably not going to generate much offensively but that’s not what their job would be. They’d be a line you can toss out against the top 6 and be comfortable they aren’t going to give anything up.
That kind of line becomes very important in the playoffs, especially when facing top lines. Your suggestion looks good….can get the job done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad