Post 2013 Lockout Forward Tournament: Tier 1, Round 1: Connor McDavid Versus Connor Bedard

Which Player Would You Rather Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Years ago I organized a Dead Puck Era tournament. I believe we had one for the years between the last two Lockouts as well (2006 to 2013).

Now it's time for the post 2013 Lockout forward tournament. It will have Three Tiers, each one consisting of eight brackets for round one.

Since the players involved are at different stages of their careers, the best way to vote is probably by answering this question: If I was a General Manager and I could draft one player for my team (having the knowledge that I have about each player at this point in time), which player would I choose?

Some are more accomplished than others and some have been more injury-prone than others, but under different circumstances, how different could things have been?

Tier 1, Round 1:

Connor McDavid
Connor Bedard

Nathan MacKinnon
Nikita Kucherov

Auston Matthews
Leon Draisaitl

Elias Pettersson
Jack Hughes

Jack Eichel
Aleksander Barkov

Kirril Kaprizov
Mikko Rantanen

David Pastrnak
Artemi Panarin

Mitch Marner
Brayden Point

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
How did you pick these options? You have arguably 4/5 players against each other in the 1st round. Weird

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
How did you pick these options? You have arguably 4/5 players against each other in the 1st round. Weird

What do you mean? I think it's straight forward.

It is like a playoff bracket. I took 16 players that are the cream of the crop from the post 2013 Lockout era and made eight brackets.

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
yeah but you will have guys like Kuch/AM/Drai eliminated in R1 while guys like Marner and Hughes will move to R2

True, but at least the polls should be interesting this way.

If I had done McDavid versus Marner and Mack versus Hughes, those would have been absolute blow-outs.

I'll try to re-structure things to make things as interesting as possible for round two.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Bedard is the biggest talent of this generation. Although McDavid has been 9 years with the team that drafted him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad