Speculation: Possible talks with Tor/Stl for Paryako

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
This seems pretty unrealistic. You have to think that a) if they need room to re-sign Pietrangelo, they would choose to dump salary elsewhere and b) if they were for some unknown reason making Parayko available, that multiple teams would offer more. In all likelihood a lot more.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nylander and PIT 1st

St. Louis would have to add a player for cap reasons or trade someone somewhere else

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think they would want more futures and no salary coming back if they are moving Parayko.

Probably something like Broberg and 14

I agree they will likely want to attach a bad contract too. Moving Parayko isn’t enough to sign Pietrangelo and replace Parayko.

Reactions: Morrison

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If I'm the leafs gm I'd offer 15th overall + sandin + liljegren + 2021 2nd. Parayko is the ideal partner for reilly.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If the Blues are inclined to trade Parayko (presumably because they have a deal in place to re-sign Pietrangelo) then I would expect they will only pull the trigger on a deal that they will "win" given the demand for his services around the league, at least judging by NHL fanbases. I can't see a deal between TOR and STL that includes Parayko but doesn't include one of Nylander or Marner. I would say Rielly since STL could be seeking a top LD, but I don't see that as a realistic ask from TOR given their need to bolster their defense and their glut of top forwards.

There are just too many other options out there as potential suitors for Parayko that I can't see them settling on a deal that has Johnsson as the "centerpiece" unless there is more than one premium pick coming back the other way.

Parayko wouldn’t even be the main piece in a return for Marner. Different tier of player than Nylander and Parayko.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Eh... I’d do it in a heartbeat which means it’s a little too good to be true. I think the Blues can do a lot better if Parayko is in fact on the market.

Also, calling the Babcock hiring didn’t really require a crystal ball.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Eh... I’d do it in a heartbeat which means it’s a little too good to be true. I think the Blues can do a lot better if Parayko is in fact on the market.

Also, calling Babcock being fired didn’t really require a crystal ball.

no blundell called babcock being hired and had the exact term and salary that was being offered. Which was record breaking at the time.

the leafs weren’t even in the mix to the media. Blundell absolutely did have that.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
How much could the Blues expect with only two more seasons on the contract?

Ledge And Dairy

If I'm the leafs gm I'd offer 15th overall + sandin + liljegren + 2021 2nd. Parayko is the ideal partner for reilly.
I always find comments like this interesting, every time a Gaudreau package is proposed of about this return the first comments are "That is way too much for only 2 years of Gaudreau." Yet for Parayko it's not? Both players only have 2 years left and both are considered Elite at their role. Parayko is one of the best shut down defenders in the league and Gaudreau is one of the best play drivers in the league.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I always find comments like this interesting, every time a Gaudreau package is proposed of about this return the first comments are "That is way too much for only 2 years of Gaudreau." Yet for Parayko it's not? Both players only have 2 years left and both are considered Elite at their role. Parayko is one of the best shut down defenders in the league and Gaudreau is one of the best play drivers in the league.
Gaudreau is a great player but I think parayko is worth more. Also there are less 1rd in the league compared to high-end first line forwards.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Doug Armstrong and Craig Berube said they have a 5 year window to win another one and they are in year 3. You need Alex Pietrangelo to do that.

I mean... they probably also need Parayko for that...

Why would they trade him in the conference?

Because they feel they can get a better package from a western team than an eastern team? It's not like STL and EDM are playing 10 times a year and are regular playoff rivals or anything.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Oilers would be very interested if Parayko were made available. IF the Blues decided its better to sign Pietrangelo (who might take a team friendly deal to stay) now vs let him walk, only to pay Parayko 8 per two years from now, maybe they’d consider a deal like this....

To STL: Klefbom, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, Bozak, STL 1st (will either be 26th or 27th OA)

The Blues gain 6.33 mil in cap space to put towards re-signing Pietrangelo, as well as grab a top pair (though not as good as Parayko) natural LHD to pair with AP who is also signed for a year longer than Parayko. They also move up 13 spots in a strong draft.

The Oilers get a do everything top pair RHD to pair with Nurse to mask some of his deficiencies, while also forming arguably the most physically dominant D pair in the league. Yes, the Oil take a cap dump in Bozak, but he fills a major need (3C, excellent on face offs and RH) and only has one year left. The Oil would have to clear cap in another deal, but I think Russell can be convinced to retire once his 2.5 mil bonus is paid, and Larsson could be moved as well. Worry about that later.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Oilers would be very interested if Parayko were made available. IF the Blues decided its better to sign Pietrangelo (who might take a team friendly deal to stay) now vs let him walk, only to pay Parayko 8 per two years from now, maybe they’d consider a deal like this....

To STL: Klefbom, 14th OA

To EDM: Parayko, Bozak, STL 1st (will either be 26th or 27th OA)

The Blues gain 6.33 mil in cap space to put towards re-signing Pietrangelo, as well as grab a top pair (though not as good as Parayko) natural LHD to pair with AP who is also signed for a year longer than Parayko. They also move up 13 spots in a strong draft.

The Oilers get a do everything top pair RHD to pair with Nurse to mask some of his deficiencies, while also forming arguably the most physically dominant D pair in the league. Yes, the Oil take a cap dump in Bozak, but he fills a major need (3C, excellent on face offs and RH) and only has one year left. The Oil would have to clear cap in another deal, but I think Russell can be convinced to retire once his 2.5 mil bonus is paid, and Larsson could be moved as well. Worry about that later.
That doesn’t even move the needle. Absolutely no interest in Klefbom.

Reactions: 67Blues and Colt55

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Parayko wouldn’t even be the main piece in a return for Marner. Different tier of player than Nylander and Parayko.

The funny thing about a post like this, is that you are absolutely right.... Just not at all for the reasons you think.

Marner does not land Parayko. Certainly not with that contract.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not really a fan of either team, just happen to live near st.louis so I see blues related talks

"According to Toronto radio analyst Dean Blundell the Leafs and Blues may be talking another trade.
Blundell states that some very valid sources at MLSE are talking about a trade package that will make a splash in Toronto
According to his sources Andreas Johnsson, Timothy Liljegren and the 15th overall pick from the Kapanen trade is being discussed with St Louis in a package that would send Colton Parayko to Toronto."

So I do believe that tires were kicked and names mentioned

Going to leave big hole in Blues defense. Liljegren I have as a bust. Maybe Sandin or Dermott instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad