News Article: Possible Shots fired at TD Garden

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
BOSTON —
Boston police confirm they are investigating a report of multiple windows shattered by possible gunfire at the TD Garden.

Boston police said a report came in at 10:35 a.m. Friday about someone possibly shooting through the windows at 100 Legends Way.

From Sky5, at least three shattered windows could be seen along the side of the building next to Interstate 93/Route 1 near the Zakim Bridge.

Boston police investigators were also seen canvassing the area below the damaged windows.

Boston police said its unknown if the damage was caused by a BB gun or an actual gun.

No injuries were reported.

The incident is under investigation. A ballistics team was at the site.

The TD Garden is the home of the Boston Bruins and Celtics. North Station is also located at the facility. A Bryan Adams concert is scheduled for Saturday.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Ok Boston, you can just quit this since I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Hoping the investigation turns up a lead

• Wow
Reactions: KnightofBoston

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It is awful but I am not surprised by this. If anything, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often given their proximity to 93.

The area is relatively safe but it is a major city.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Channel 7 reporting that it appears the damage was caused by a BB gun.

...which makes me wonder why the TD Garden doesn't have thicker windows.
Have you seen the ice? Miracle the windows just haven't fallen out yet

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You get accidentally shot with a bb gun in your eye? That eye isn't going to fear well.

Shattered glass as well. What if a mother was walking around her apartment rocking her baby and then boom, shattered glass?

It's dangerous.
giphy.gif

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Shattered glass could very well injure someone seriously.
BB guns don't generate enough energy to cause giant man-killing shards of glass to fly through the air at a high rate of speed. Judging by the pictures, most of the glass is still in place. I'm actually surprised a BB gun generated enough force to shatter the glass in the first place.

You get accidentally shot with a bb gun in your eye? That eye isn't going to fear well.

Shattered glass as well. What if a mother was walking around her apartment rocking her baby and then boom, shattered glass?

It's dangerous.
Not in the eye, but I have been shot with a BB gun before. More than once, actually.

What can I say? I was once a dumb kid who hung around with a bunch of other dumb kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad