Rumor: Possible NLL franchise Coming to the Coliseum or Barclays?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's Official:

NATIONAL LACROSSE LEAGUE WELCOMES 13TH FRANCHISE

The National Lacrosse League (NLL), the largest men’s professional indoor lacrosse league in North America, has announced expansion into the New York market under the ownership of live events and sports media entertainment company GF Sports and its affiliates (“GF Sports”). The team, which will begin play in 2019, will be the League’s 13thfranchise and play its home games at the newly renovated NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

National Lacrosse League Welcomes 13th Franchise | National Lacrosse League

Appreciate the info, you just can't post the entire article on the boards. I edited it for you and kept the link for the lost interested.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Talking all about Long Island and then lumping in "NY is the birthplace of the Thompson's and Gait's" is a bit of a stretch lol.

Hope the name is fish related- Stripers, Makos, Threshers

Reactions: leeroggy

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Appreciate the info, you just can't post the entire article on the boards. I edited it for you and kept the link for the lost interested.

PK, press releases ARE allowed to be fully printed on a web site unless the organization specifically forbids it, I do it all the time on my lacrosse site.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Talking all about Long Island and then lumping in "NY is the birthplace of the Thompson's and Gait's" is a bit of a stretch lol.

Hope the name is fish related- Stripers, Makos, Threshers

Well, the Thompsons yes, the Gaits no . . .

Since the MLL team is the Lizards, how about the Reptiles or Salamanders?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
PK, press releases ARE allowed to be fully printed on a web site unless the organization specifically forbids it, I do it all the time on my lacrosse site.

HF Boards doesn't allow it because it causes problems, so that's why I did it that way. Didn't check to see if they have an issue. My bad.

Also, that typeface on their website makes it unbearable to read.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The names they provide on that survey are the:

New York Force
New York Beacons
New York Riptide

Riptide is the best of the three but I'd imagine there is 0% chance it wins because it actually harms people...

And the fact that it was already a lacrosse team name in the MLL. Awesome logo possibilities.

250px-Los_Angeles_Riptide_logo.png

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

New York Force
New York Beacons
New York Riptide

Riptide is the best of the three but I'd imagine there is 0% chance it wins because it actually harms people...

And the fact that it was already a lacrosse team name in the MLL. Awesome logo possibilities.

Riptide is definitely the best. What the heck are they thinking with the other two?

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

New York Force
New York Beacons
New York Riptide

First they need to do a check with everyone to make sure the name doesn't offend any one. The Force could offend the Star Wars nerds and Riptide will certainly offend the surfer dudes. And don't get me started on Beacons. I can't see any of these names working. :)

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
What's the difference between the MLL and the NLL?? Both indoor?

National Lacrosse League = indoor box. 5 v 5 including goalie.

Major League Lacrosse = outdoor field (modified NCAA rules). 10 v 10- including goalie.

Premier Lacrosse League = new private league started by arguably most famous lacrosse player at the moment (Paul Rabil). Players leaving MLL to join.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00