Possible 2010 Canada Team

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
wildone26 said:
I have said for years Nash will never be part of a winning team and I have always been right so far. Never on a winning team as a junior, in an international tournament, on any team, unless you count the Spengler Cup a meaningful win.
When Nash proves me wrong I will eat my words, until he does, I dont give a care what excuses people come up with, I will repeat it over and over again, since nothing has happened to prove me wrong, and I predicted it a long time ago, and expected it a long time ago.

You are saying he shouldnt have been relied on for anything in Turin since he was only a 21 year old. That is the real ridiculous statement, of course he shouldnt be expected to dominate the tournament or anything, but contribute something, he was so bad he went from being on the 2nd line to being benched by Quinn 6 of the last 7 periods of the event. Of course he was supposed to contribute even though he was the youngest player, he wasnt put on the team just to be ride along
with the team and do nothing.

Oh yes I do gaurantee any team Nash is on will never win a signifacant event. Laugh in my face when I am proven wrong, until then I stand by my words. I wont be holding my breath to ever be proven wrong.

No one cares about your guarantee. It is absolutely worthless. Why don't you starting backing up all this Nash smack talk with some actual reasons. I'm totally neutral fan-wise as far as Nash goes, but all you do is trash talk him with no basis. 21 yr old scoring sensation is doomed you insist... but why? Give reasons, give insight. Otherwise you're just a trash talker.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I just really think we were not hungry enough to be successful. After this fiasco you can bet that we will play with much more passion then this years squad. I say go with whos hot at the time. What you did yesterday means squat. Gretzkys loyality cost us as he figured these floaters would automatically rejuvenate their games to the level it takes for success. Lets face it the competion is is getting better every year. I dont care what name is on the back of your jersey...i would take a team full of Ryan Smyths rather than a bunch of spoiled Super Stars. Give me Ethan Moreau and Brendan Morrow at least they may lose but it wouldnt be from not trying. This year was the worst team canada i have ever seen and i have seen everyone since 72. When was the last time you seen Canadian players without any heart. Full marks to the Finns and Swedes, i am sure we will see an emotional final game.

wildone26*

Tricolore#20 said:
It is still way to early to tell, as others have mentioned. If you were to predict the 2006 team back in 2002, guys like Nash (who was drafted later that year), Bouwmeester, Richards and St. Louis would not even have been on the radar.

In 2010, I would love to Angelo Esposito there. He won't be drafted until 2007, but if he can make the NHL in his first season, perhaps he will play his way onto the team (with two and a half seasons of experience). If some of the younger players are having excellent seasons in 2010, will they be passed over like this time around? I would like to think that Canada will have learned to not discount recent performance when selecting the 2010 team.

Esposito making the Oly team as a 20-year old? No way. If Crosby could not do it as an 18-year old Esposito, who while extremely talented, is nowhere near as developed as Crosby at the same age(I am from a QMJHL city and have seen both play both in Bathurst and Moncton), Esposito will never do it as a 20-year old.

wildone26*

gbl1p said:
No one cares about your guarantee. It is absolutely worthless. Why don't you starting backing up all this Nash smack talk with some actual reasons. I'm totally neutral fan-wise as far as Nash goes, but all you do is trash talk him with no basis. 21 yr old scoring sensation is doomed you insist... but why? Give reasons, give insight. Otherwise you're just a trash talker.

Scoring sensation? ROTFL!!! He is averaging less than one point a game, there are quite a few players in the NHL this year, including many Canadians, and some players younger than he is(Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal)averaging more points per game than him this year. He only had 1 point the whole Oly tournament playing on a top line, and playing against such teams as Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.
Yes a real scoring sensation. :biglaugh:

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
wildone26 said:
Scoring sensation? ROTFL!!! He is averaging less than one point a game, there are quite a few players in the NHL this year, including many Canadians, and some players younger than he is(Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal)averaging more points per game than him this year. He only had 1 point the whole Oly tournament playing on a top line, and playing against such teams as Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.

We all know about the super-rookies and super-sophomores blowing up this season. In fact, as far as Canada goes I advocated having some of the younger guys in as opposed to the lacklustre incumbents far before the tourney started. Thats not the point. Way to scrutinize an injury plagued season btw. He's played, what, 2 months?

Back to the point: Please state why you seem to be the only person on this forum that doesn't recognize Nash as one of the burgeoning young goal scorers in the league. Also, please state why you can guarantee 100% why Nash will never be a winner. Surely, your crystal ball can at least answer for you.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
wildone26 said:

Wow, an off tournament, he lead the league in scoring when he was 19.

Name me some other guys that did that.

I'll wait.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
God Bless Canada said:
Travis Zajac will never be a player for Canada in a best-on-best. He's a good, solid, two-way second line centre, but he's not the type who's going to be one of our best scorers or defensive players. A lot to like about him, though.

Luc Bourdon has a great future in front of him, the best defenceman to come out of Quebec in well over a decade. But to expect him to be on our team in 2010, he won't be ready. We've also produced some pretty good defencemen over the last few years who will be more ready for the Olympics. M. Staal will also be more ready for that level.
I don't disagree that Zajac probably won't represent Canada at the Olympics but to coin him a 2nd line center already is a little premature. Zajac has a great skill set, one that is similar to Jeff Carter.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
go kim johnsson 514 said:
in 2010 he'll be 19, most likely won't even be considered if Crosby wasn't even on the taxi squad
Canada made a mistake not bringing Crosby just because of his young age. Let's do the same mistake in four years.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Oilerfan120582 said:
Since the games are being held in Vancouver, will they still be using big ice??? I'd lean more towards size on small ice and speed for big ice.
At the Olympics, it's ALWAYS on the big ice no matter where it's being hosted.

Phanuthier*

Man, alot of new players. I wonder who gets letters? If you were to judge by 2004/2006, then Iginla, Gagne and Pronger would be in contention for the 'C'. Ryan Smyth will probably get considering for being there for 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006.

... if they make the team, and don't have a massive fallout, ala Kariya, Brewer (former "mainstays" for Canada)

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
Man, alot of new players. I wonder who gets letters? If you were to judge by 2004/2006, then Iginla, Gagne and Pronger would be in contention for the 'C'. Ryan Smyth will probably get considering for being there for 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006.

Smyth wasn't even considered for a letter this time around. Hell SIMON GAGNE got a letter befofe he did. You know its funny - during the World Championships he's ''captain Canada'' but when its the best players playing he's not even assistant Canada.

wildone26*

Dany Heatley, Vinny LeCavalier, Brad Richads, Jonathon Cheechoo, Patrice Bergeron, Sidney Crosby, Joe Sakic, Jarome Iginla, Simon Gagne, Joe Thorton, Eric Staal, and Jason Spezza will be 12 of the 13 forwards. Everybody else is fighting for the 1 forward position left. I would be shocked if any of those 12 are not on the next World Cup or Olympic team. They all seem like certainties.

Crosby, Bergeron, and Richards will all be willing to move to wing if asked, which will solve the overfill of centres.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Dany Heatley, Vinny LeCavalier, Brad Richads, Jonathon Cheechoo, Patrice Bergeron, Sidney Crosby, Joe Sakic, Jarome Iginla, Simon Gagne, Joe Thorton, Eric Staal, and Jason Spezza will be 12 of the 13 forwards. Everybody else is fighting for the 1 forward position left. I would be shocked if any of those 12 are not on the next World Cup or Olympic team. They all seem like certainties.

Crosby, Bergeron, and Richards will all be willing to move to wing if asked, which will solve the overfill of centres.

Are you shocked yet

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008

Bolded correct. Just proves how difficult it will be to predict the 2014 team.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
My aviator from my 2006 posting has Crosby hoisting the cup lol....... I feel like Nostradamus

I assumed my old one would of still been on my old posts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad