Positive Vibes

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Dark times for sens fans. Need some silver linings here. The big one: Our team, on paper, is good and I think there's a high likelihood for a bounceback year next season.

1) Our top 6 should be elite. I would have creamed my pants a few years ago if you told me we would have Brassard, Ryan and Duchene, and also that Stone and Hoffman would emerge as top-level players.

2) Our defence can only get better. Chabot's coming up. Oduya's coming off the books.

3) The weaknesses are mostly fixable with better coaching/systems. This is a good team playing under a terrible system and a stubborn coach. Something has to give and this will have to be addressed, probably through yet another firing.

4) One more year off the books for the Phaneuf and Ryan contracts, as well as the dead weight in the bottom six.

5) We're going to get a hell of a pick this year.

Hopefully, put this all together and we get a return to a playoff team next year, and our pick to Colorado ends up in the 15+ range next season.

Any other silver linings on the season I missed?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The pedigree he had was 6 years ago. He's not the same player he was.

Duh...Yeah. Obviously. But judge him on the player he is right now. He put up 56 points for us two seasons ago. I think he's still a top 6 player. I try to neutrally judge players for what they bring to the team now, not continuously run them through the gutter because they used to be better players or because now they're overpaid.

Regardless, I'm talking about the entire top six, not just Ryan.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
The silver lining is that the team isn't starting from nothing: Chabot, Chlapik, Brown, Formenton, White, Batherson, and hopefully an extended Stone is a lot of young talent, even in the unlikely event that Karlsson and Duchene aren't here past next season. And they'll have a top-5 pick this year to add to that.

With proper management (and that is absolutely key) the turnaround should not be too long and painful. A lot of pieces are in place.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Duh...Yeah. Obviously. But judge him on the player he is right now. He put up 56 points for us two seasons ago. I think he's still a top 6 player. I try to neutrally judge players for what they bring to the team now, not continuously run them through the gutter because they used to be better players or because now they're overpaid.

Regardless, I'm talking about the entire top six, not just Ryan.
Judging him right now would even make your point more confusing. He is horrible. Overpaid is an understatement.

Anyways this is a positive vibe thread. I'll leave it at that

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Go Chabot
Go White
Go Chlapik

I like watching these guys they should be put in the best possible position to succeed for the remaining games ..
Dump Dumont
Bury Burrows

Reactions: aragorn

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Sens 1st round draft pick is lottery protected.
Imagine the rage if it wasn't.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Sounds like we might be getting closer to a new arena. Matt Duchene finally seems to be coming around. We've had a terrible season thus far, here's hoping 2018-2019 is better for us.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
cut.png

CAA Las Vegas Contest

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Some positives to think about:

- Lebreton inching closer
- The kids are all right (White, Brown, Chabot, Chlapik, Formenton, Batherson, Jaros...)
- We should be drafting a stud this summer

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Positives? The prospects look promising.

If Anderson continues his career long trend, he'll be awesome next season.

EK should be fully recovered by next season and we'll see a 100% healthy EK dominating the league again.

Burrows will suffer a training accident during the summer and miss all of the 2018-19 season with a knee injury and will be placed on LTIR. But he'll recover fully and live a happy and healthy life.

Someone will trade for one of Dion or Bobby this summer.

I'm writing positive predictions because there's almost nothing positive about the team now, unless you count that this team makes me want to punch myself in the danglers. I mean, pain is pleasure, right? And pleasure is positive! YAY! DANGLER BOXING FOR EVERYONE!!

aaaaand I went too far.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like Ryan's game, he's made a positive change to being a playmaking power forward. When he's on he's a treat to watch.

The negatives as I see it are his contract and the constant hand injuries. He always seems to take a few games to wind up into that power forward, then he takes a hand injury and his play is set back and he comes out of the line up. Rinse and repeat. I'm hoping that he can have an Alfie foot moment where he sorts out the hand issue and can start putting healthy seasons together.

He's a gamer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad