NHL Entry Draft POLL: Would You Be Fine With Sanderson At 5?

Ok with Sanderson at 5?

• Total voters

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lol, in what way?
Both tall, both American, both D...I guess?

Lee was drafted as a PMD, straight out of high school. Not a defensive force, but the best option (in the eyes of Muckler and staff) at breaking the puck out. Was a pick made to replace Redden, and instead of looking at skill and what a player was, we just typecast Lee and tried to force for him into a role he was in no way suited for.

Reminds me of the guy saying Chabot was another Brian Lee in thread right after being drafted because his shot sucked.

Don’t think there is a realistic Sens comparison for Sanderson, they haven’t drafted a player like him in 20 years.

I mean, the only top 4 D they have drafted since 2005 are Karlsson and Chabot (Ceci holds a spot due to circumstance), it’s about time we draft a sure thing.

Last edited:

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
My first thought was perhaps Sanderson is a baby faced albino, but upon vusual inspection that does not appear to be the case.
lmfao you kill me.
I've watched a lot of both players and it's my hot take I guess.

I'm just not overly impressed with Sanderson and I wasn't with Lee either. I don't see Sanderson as being elite in any area. He's just good at everything, not great. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not a pro.. it's just my opinion

Reactions: Micklebot

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
lmfao you kill me.
I've watched a lot of both players and it's my hot take I guess.

I'm just not overly impressed with Sanderson and I wasn't with Lee either. I don't see Sanderson as being elite in any area. He's just good at everything, not great. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not a pro.. it's just my opinion
I don't even remember anything about Brian Lee to form an opinion. Completely forgettable

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't even remember anything about Brian Lee to form an opinion. Completely forgettable
The thing i remember most is when watching the draft a friend of mine said. 'Well looks like the sens drafted a 12 year old vegetarian'. This phrase has been staple in my group of friends ever since.

Sanderson is way more physical and plays with far more of an edge than Brian Lee ever did. I also dont see him scoring more than 35 or 40 points in his peak but i think he is gonna eat minutes and be a great shut down d man. I have warmed up to the idea but he isnt my first choice with the 5th pick.

Reactions: Viletho and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For what it's worth i think Lee is getting a bit of a bum rap because we reached on him passing up on kopitar and Staal, and more importantly because an undiagnosed congenital knee issue killed his career. He talked about it on a throwback thursday with mendes but apparently within his first year of making the team (or maybe 2nd i am going off memory) he was unable to workout because his knee.

Oddly he was drafted as a Brian Leatch type dman but transitioned to being more of a defensive dman with a bit of a physical edge (not overly physical but more than expected when we drafted him).

Injuries can really break a guys career and imo that happened to Lee. He was never going to live up to his draft position but could have given us a lot more had he remained healthy.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Both tall, both American, both D...I guess?

Lee was drafted as a PMD, straight out of high school. Not a defensive force, but the best option (in the eyes of Muckler and staff) at breaking the puck out. Was a pick made to replace Redden, and instead of looking at skill and what a player was, we just typecast Lee and tried to force for him into a role he was in no way suited for.

Reminds me of the guy saying Chabot was another Brian Lee in thread right after being drafted because his shot sucked.

Don’t think there is a realistic Sens comparison for Sanderson, they haven’t drafted a player like him in 20 years.

I mean, the only top 4 D they have drafted since 2005 are Karlsson and Chabot (Ceci holds a spot due to circumstance), it’s about time we draft a sure thing.

I am not sure who the “sure things” are in this draft but my view, uninformed as it is, would put a higher probability on the following players: Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond and Drysdale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad