Line Combos: Poll: Will the ATM line work?

ATM stays together

• Yes

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I think there's too much talent for them to not figure it out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it will be MONEY.

Sorry, I’ll see myself out.

16195FE1-1C1C-4095-91B9-2807FD680B89.gif

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yes, as long as Gallant actually sticks with it long enough for it to gel.

It may take 2 -3 weeks, 8-10 games.

We cant forget that Panarin and Mika are still adjusting to each other.

Hopefully there is some instant magic. That would be kinda fun and also a little scary

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I hope it works and think that they should stick with it a bit.

Gallant hasn't inspired confidence in me that he will do so, though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No.

Sorry but no.

Zibanejad will be alone in two zones. He's pretty well-rounded but he's not THAT type of player enough to compliment or curb the fellation that will be happening between the other two.

I just hope they score A LOT despite the line's obvious flaws. They'll have to.

Would love to be wrong. There's one way I am wrong. Maybe real skill on Panarin's opposite wing for once elevates him and the grinder thing is just something we put in our heads. The Rangers have gaslit themselves before.

I wanted to do Kreider-Trocheck-Tarasenko and let Panarin and Zibanejad continue playing with a grinder as is Panarin's typical preference as well as what seems gets the best hockey out of him.

The Rangers obviously already have "OMG these guys are both RUSSIAN how incredible is that???!!!!!" in their heads so it's sticking around for a bit.

Reactions: haveandare

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
2 games. Tonight we'll win, but tomorrow there will be defensive lapses and Gallant has a meltdown and puts him Tank with Trochek game 3.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No.

Sorry but no.

Zibanejad will be alone in two zones. He's pretty well-rounded but he's not THAT type of player enough to compliment or curb the fellation that will be happening between the other two.

Would love to be wrong. There's one way I am wrong. Maybe real skill on Panarin's opposite wing for once elevates him and the grinder thing is just something we put in our heads. The Rangers have gaslit themselves before.

I wanted to do Kreider-Trocheck-Tarasenko and let Panarin and Zibanejad continue playing with a grinder as is Panarin's typical preference as well as what seems gets the best hockey out of him.

The Rangers obviously already have "OMG these guys are both RUSSIAN how incredible is that???!!!!!" in their heads so it's sticking around for a bit.

This is such a departure from the other lines but it has a decent chance of working out imo.

I don’t think the grinder thing is true btw. Panarin is and will always be someone whose best work comes off of the rush. I don’t think he’s really gotten the opportunity to play with anyone who compliments that here as we’ve veered so far since the AV days where that used to be all we could do to becoming a team that doesn’t really do that at all. Tarasenko is really the first line mate we’ve given him that at least least compliments that as a shooting threat (Strome was decent off the rush too, but not really as a shooting threat and even that deteriorated over time.) He never really played with Buchnevich when he was here and he and Chytil have really only gotten limited looks together.

The grinder thing is bunk IMO and I love dig and lean as much as anyone. It worked because Panarin was a wagon who was murdering opponents mostly off the rush. Having someone who excels at shooting and getting open can only help him as maybe instead of throwing a puck into 3 layers of defenders, he’s throwing it to someone who is open and ready to shoot it.

I dunno, we’ll see. If the best thing we can get out of that line is one that takes one to give one I’m fine with it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Will Artemi Tarasenko & Mika line work and stick together through the end of the playoffs or will GG break the line up.
Most expensive line (26mm) since Gaborik-Richards-Nash (26.7mm).

Crazy that 10 years later this line is cheaper than that line (does that exclude the 50%?). Also crazy how much we looked forward to that line and all three of the players on the ATM line are better.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It is a shame that the 2013 team didn't have the depth to leave Nash-Richards-Gaborik alone.

One of the more dominant lines that we barely got to see here.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
No.

Sorry but no.

This is kinda ehhhhhh IMO... maybe you move Zbad off because you put Chytil there but if Panarin & Tank pick up where they left off as friends, linemates etc... KNOWING where each other will go... they'll terrorize the opposition w whoever at center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad