Speculation: Poll: Who's the first RFA Chevy signs?

Poll: Who's the first RFA Chevy signs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I've always believed in grabbing the low hanging fruit first and working your way to the top of the tree. So I'll go with Lipon. And he will be named captain.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Whoeever has the first arb date is the first marquee RFA to sign :p.

But I will go with a minor deal getting inked first like Petan.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think Helley signs for 6 years at 5 per year
Lowry signs a 4 year deal worth 9 total
Morrissey gets 8 at 5.9 per year
Poolman gets a 2 year deal
Dano,Tanev,Petan and Lipon all get 1 year deals

Trouba gets offered roughly the same Deal Morrissey is offered but I think he refuses to sign it and goes for arbitration

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'd give

helle 5
trouba 6
morrisey 5-6
Lowry 3
tanev 1

that's 20-21 in total

where's our cap space problem?

Lowry signs 5 years 12.5 million is my prediction

you think he makes just under 3 a year?
I know his poins or low, but he filled a big role as a defensive forward taking one #1 lines

I'd be very happy with a signing like that

Trouba gets offered roughly the same Deal Morrissey is offered but I think he refuses to sign it and goes for arbitration

haven't all these players already filed for arbitration?

at least helle and trouba have

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hey Joe, how are you coming to your Morrissey contract value? That deal would put him at 7.4% of a 79.5 million cap. That is on the high end of what other young dmen have received.
Please see below:

Hamilton 7.88%
Jones 7.4%
Ristolonen 7.4%
Lindholm 7.19%
Slavin 7.07%
Reilly 7.00%
Matheson 6.50%

I'm a big fan of Josh's but he hasn't shown the offense of Jones, Hamilton or Ristolonen so I have a hard time seeing him get that type of contract and if he does it seems like an overpay given the market.

I think his max range slots hin in the Rielly and Lindholm range. $5.5 to 5.7 is the max I see him getting.

Ares

May 8, 2018
I voted Kerdiles 'cause you just know we have to wait looong time for the real interesting news

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Agree with all you numbers except Morrissey. Don't think he should get more then slavin. 7x5.3.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I've always believed in grabbing the low hanging fruit first and working your way to the top of the tree. So I'll go with Lipon. And he will be named captain.
I'm going with Tanev for the same reason, only I think Tanev is a more obvious signing as Maurice seems to like him and he's made decent progress there.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hey Joe, how are you coming to your Morrissey contract value? That deal would put him at 7.4% of a 79.5 million cap. That is on the high end of what other young dmen have received.
Please see below:

Hamilton 7.88%
Jones 7.4%
Ristolonen 7.4%
Lindholm 7.19%
Slavin 7.07%
Reilly 7.00%
Matheson 6.50%

I'm a big fan of Josh's but he hasn't shown the offense of Jones, Hamilton or Ristolonen so I have a hard time seeing him get that type of contract and if he does it seems like an overpay given the market.

I think his max range slots hin in the Rielly and Lindholm range. $5.5 to 5.7 is the max I see him getting.

I gave him a little extra to sign for the full 8 years. But I could see him signing a 5 or 6 year deal for around 5 per year

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I gave him a little extra to sign for the full 8 years. But I could see him signing a 5 or 6 year deal for around 5 per year

Gotcha, makes sense. I'm still am unsure on what the org wants to do with him contract wise. If he is open to it I would go long term with him if I was in Chevy's shoes.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Gotcha, makes sense. I'm still am unsure on what the org wants to do with him contract wise. If he is open to it I would go long term with him if I was in Chevy's shoes.
Bridge him to keep this roster in tact for two years. I get he may be more down the road but it's how Bolts roll and I think it's smart.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bridge him to keep this roster in tact for two years. I get he may be more down the road but it's how Bolts roll and I think it's smart.

You don't really keep the roster intact that much by bridging him. It doesn't do anything for next season given Paul left. The year after is another story but all it will cost you is losing a Kulikov so I really don't see much in the way of roster implications. A bridge to Conner on the other hand will have a much bigger impact.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'd give

helle 5
trouba 6
morrisey 5-6
Lowry 3
tanev 1

that's 20-21 in total

where's our cap space problem?

+Petan, Poolman, Dano, Niku? = 3-4 million = 23-25 million (out of 26.8 million in space)
+space for bonuses = 3+ million? (I can't remember how much the bonuses could be)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00