POLL: What do the Senators acquire on Day 1 of Free Agency?

What do you think the Senators will acquire in the first 24 hours of Free Agency

• Top 6 Forward

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Bottom 6 Forward

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Top 4 D Man

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Bottom pairing D Man

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Goalie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Hope and expectations are sky high. I admit, I am excited for tomorrow too. But I am trying to prepare myself for a huge let down. Let's say Giroux signs with a different team and Dorion makes no other moves?? This might be reality tomorrow.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
A top 4 D via trade.

Giroux is a nice to have but not a must have. ...Although it would go a long way to catapulting the franchise into the next phase of unapparelled success or at least give the fans something to cheer for.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
A top 4 D via trade.

Giroux is a nice to have but not a must have. ...Although it would go a long way to catapulting the franchise into the next phase of unapparelled success or at least give the fans something to cheer for.

I think a Giroux signing can sell a lot of tickets too. Which means money for Jimmy, Norris, Sanderson, Pinto, Zub. And hopefully spending to the cap eventually.

Reactions: guyzeur

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sign Giroux
Trade for Marino [or maybe sign De Haan]
Sign depth for Belleville

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Money is on bottom pairing RD.
Gonna say Colin Miller

Signing Giroux and Manson would be heavenly.

Or trading for Tanev if CGY blows her up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I am already screaming internally knowing we are moments away from getting Giroux.

I'm waiting for it to be finalized.

We were already candidates for Giroux because hometown team and he has expressed interest in us, but now we've improved so much that we are looking like a prime location for incoming talent... just a perfect match upcoming.

I can't wait for the official news to fully soak it all in.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I am already screaming internally knowing we are moments away from getting Giroux.

I'm waiting for it to be finalized.

We were already candidates for Giroux because hometown team and he has expressed interest in us, but now we've improved so much that we are looking like a prime location for incoming talent... just a perfect match upcoming.

I can't wait for the official news to fully soak it all in.
Yeah it almost feels like Dorion made all these moves just to satisfy Giroux, so he better sign with us now!

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
A top 4 D via trade.

Have you seen his FO %?? I would put him in the must have category.

Have you seen his FO %?? I would put him in the must have category.
ya and what about his leadership?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Giroux, Top 4 D, and a depth player or two got my vote.

I'll also bet on Brown being dealt, possibly for the top 4 d.
Giroux first. Depth forward next, trade for TOP 4 RHD on some random August day

Giroux or not, there's absolutely no spot left on forwards

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
DeBrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Joseph - Kastelic - Watson
Kelly/Gambrell

Angus Crookshank, Viktor Lodin, Egor Sokolov, Roby Jarventie, Ridly Greig will all have to wait their opportunity

Defense also logjammed, but not as bad.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Veteran RHD?
Brannstrom - Hamonic
Holden - Zaitsev

It would already be surprising to see them sit Holden. Something's gotta give. Maybe trade Brannstrom and Connor Brown for a top-4 RHD?

Thomson, JBD and Guenette waiting their turn. Aspirot could deserve a call up or two as well.

I think a Giroux signing can sell a lot of tickets too. Which means money for Jimmy, Norris, Sanderson, Pinto, Zub. And hopefully spending to the cap eventually.

By the time Batherson's contract ends, we'll have to spend to the cap (and beyond if necessary) or maybe just rebuild.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad