Poll: Vote for Flyers 2nd round pick (44th overall)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Just for fun let's see who can predict the Flyers 2nd round pick.

Obviously, this is quite difficult. So you can vote for up to 5 names.

Players in the poll are #34-53 on Bob McKenzie's consensus list.

Discussion on the players is encouraged.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Who will they take? Tough. I still wouldn't mind a trade up using one of the 3rds......then take Geekie with that other 3rd :naughty:

I'm going to say Jokiharju, JAD, Boqvist, Frost, Lind, Comtois seem like decent bets to not be there at 44. Maybe one or two are there, and they really like them. I could see them liking a few of those kids, like Frost and JAD, maybe most even. Given their size, they're the most likely to slip, I guess.

We know Hextall values projectable players with solid floors, high IQ, structure, 2-way play, character and compete -- if it comes with size even better. Davidsson, Mismash, Lipanov seem like Flyers type picks for various reasons. I would prefer Mismash the most -- along with Boqvist (who likely won't be there and isn't the most Flyers pick) -- but Chytil and Robertson on Bob's list call out to me too in a trade up scenario if there. Won't even mention my golden child.

Heponiemi is a very smart skilled player with structure, but I'm not sure they'd take him for the obvious. Brook could be a safe-ish RHD with a solid floor, maybe not the ceiling. Flyers like the WHL d-men though. Mitchell is interesting as a puck moving RHD, but he's undersized. Samberg though a LHD is intriguing with his size, but I know jack **** about him other than what I've read, and there seems to be mixed feelings. Flyers don't draft out of HS hockey either.

Ikonen is interesting as well. Easily one of the most skilled guys on that list and could be there. Supposedly he interviewed well with teams too, and he does play with energy. Bit more boom/bust though, and as skilled as he is, he could stand to drop a lot of the selfish 1v1 dangles (that I saw fail quite a bit against good competition, and not much adjustment by him when they did) and play with some structure. He's one of the few guys that has legit top 6 potential though. He'd be a bit of a departure for Hextall. Don't know if they take one of DiPietro/Petruzzelli unless clear BPA, and they will take BPA with this one. Given the goalie depth in this draft, I'd prefer they not. No one else really stands out to me or intrigues me. I hope they don't reach on Gadjovich or Formenton.

Last edited:

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I think Lind, Comtios, and JAD will be gone, so I didn't vote for them. I also think Magua, Stizzle, Legion if Doom and Appleyard know more about the draft and prospects then the rest of us, butwhile I mostly agree with them or defer to them, I don't always. I like Mismash, Frost and Ikonen here. I also like Gadjovich, who I think he will like due to size compete and scoring, skating is improving. Lpiano was my other.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I voted Josh Brook. Everything about his game screams new age Flyers in that he's smart and composed with the puck, always makes the safe play and while he's not afraid to get physical, he uses smarts to knock the puck off players and doesn't lose positioning as a result. There's also some offense to his game and he's a right handed shot to boot.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
My 5 out of that list would be: Boqvist, Jokiharu, Dolan, Mismash, Ikonen.

Lipanov's lack of production scares me so I don't rank him as highly as some do, although if the Flyers end up with him I won't be too upset because it's a weak draft and he can at least fly. So he's justifiable.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nice idea on the poll, Stizzle.

I expect Lind, JAD, Davidsson, Frost, Boqvist, and Jokiharu to likely be gone before 44. I don't think we see a goalie this early. Comtois and Gadjovich just don't have the upside they seem to favor this high up. I would love a Heponiemi pick, but I don't see it for the obvious reasons. Samberg would be the first high school pick since Amorosa unless I'm forgetting someone. Not betting on that.

Mismash looks the most like a Flyers pick of the remainder to me, and I'd be solidly on board. Mitchell is making my list too. I know the kid gets little pub, but he's right handed, skilled, and an excellent skater. Brook over Mitchell would be one of the few options that bothers me, so let's say no there. Lipanov fits pretty well with their recent early history. Those are my core 3, but I'll hedge bets with my last two slots on Frost and Davidsson somehow being available.

TLDR -- Mismash, Mitchell, Lipanov, Davidsson, and Frost

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm by no means an expert on this crop of players at the moment. But no one from the forward group is really jumping off the page at me. Like others have mentioned, JAD is probably a big underdog to last to 44. So I ruled him out.

I decided to just vote for all 3 of the right-handed defensemen because, why not? They are always in fashion.

Jokiharu
Brook
Mitchell

I also went with Frost because he's a smart, young bodied kid, who shoots left and is on the rise.

My last vote went to no one because I am dumb and forgot to select a 5th player. :(

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
Boqvist, Frost, Mismash, Brook, and Lipanov. I prefer Brook for the same reasons as BCF16, and I think we need to keep the pipeline of D prospects full in case one/some of our blue-chippers bust.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
About 10 players I like on that list not sure if they r value for 44 but I voted bogvist,jad,mismash,ikonen, lipanov.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Dolan
AQpxMNF.png

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Idk how many we could vote for. I said Safin, Boqvist, Ikonen, Lipanov, and Samberg. Lots of names I'd be cool with though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad