[Poll] Should Toronto trade their 1st OA 2023 pick before season starts?

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I almost view it as an inevitability, that our pick will be gone by the trade deadline, before the season starts is just as likely as not.

To improve this team we'll trade assets and considering that as of right now this team is not as good as last years I could see it leaving before the season begins.

It's the standard stuck between a rock and a hard place, sell futures to be better now sure, but also need futures to keep replacing parts on cheaper contracts and this is a deep draft, but it's Dubas, i pretty much consider it gone by TDL.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You don’t trade picks unless youre fixing a problem.
Why do the Leafs lose in the playoffs?
1. Keefe‘s power play.
2. Not every player sacrifices enough.
3. Goaltending
4. Secondary scoring

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
You don’t trade picks unless youre fixing a problem.
Why do the Leafs lose in the playoffs?
1. Keefe‘s power play.
2. Not every player sacrifices enough.
3. Goaltending
4. Secondary scoring
I don't believe Keefe is responsible for the PP.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Doubt it considering the team has a cap/number of players issue as is.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
At the trade deadline maybe, only if things are going exceptionally well and a premium piece can be added. If theres any desperation at all then no. Like a panic move for another goalie for example,

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Leafs have the first overall pick, when was that decided? I didn't realize they already held the lottery and what years standings were used to decide the final draft positioning?

So many questions!

Reactions: vpasla1 and ULF_55

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems unlikely that 1st round pick would be traded at the start the season since we won’t have cap space to fit a big addition. But if they could move the 1st with Sandin and get a really elite young player who is cost controller, I don’t see any problem.

Reactions: Eric bungay

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Only if it's being packaged with other assets to return a stud...

The 1st, along with Kerfoot and Holl for JT Miller. Sure! Don't just piss it away for nothing though.

Reactions: Eric bungay

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Only if it's being packaged with other assets to return a stud...

The 1st, along with Kerfoot and Holl for JT Miller. Sure! Don't just piss it away for nothing though.
I'm hoping Secretariat more than a Northern Dancer type

It's time for the Leafs to make some hay as they say and bring that cup home around the clubhouse turn, sometimes a Rouge won't do when you need a field goal

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Depends on what bad contract we want get rid of to attach to it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs have traded away their 1st round pick in 4 consecutive years now, so a betting man would say its inevitable and fairly safe bet that next year's 1st is a dead pick walking,

The tricky part of the question is would it happen before the season, at the trade deadline or next off-season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad